Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:58 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,959 times

Advertisements

YouTube - JIM ROGERS - THE DOLLAR IS DOOMED!! WAKE UP THIS IS A PLANNED COLLAPSE!!

Jim Rogers' thoughts on the Dollar.

What are your thoughts? Will the dollar be worthless in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 09:00 PM

BTW, I don't agree with the title saying that this a planned collapse. I'm not really sure why it's called that.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,156,770 times
The world would be better off if people stopped taking people like Jim Rogers and Peter Schiff seriously. They both have very strong biases and in the latter case an odd hatred for the US government.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:49 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,001 times
sheenie and humanoid are the poster children for the problems with this country. They understand nothing about how the fed works or why we are having these problems.

I for one have seen what is going on and I no longer hold much USD because I know it will eventually go to zero. An optimistic scenario of the USD is that it will only face slight inflation.

Gold and silver are the true forms of money. I now hold gold/silver where I would have normally held USD. I save in gold/silver not USD.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
The world would be better off if people stopped taking people like Jim Rogers and Peter Schiff seriously. They both have very strong biases and in the latter case an odd hatred for the US government.

I don't find it an odd hatred. I'm beginning to hate our government also. After this mortgage mess, I personally have woken up and now see them for the crooks that they are.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
sheenie and humanoid are the poster children for the problems with this country. They understand nothing about how the fed works or why we are having these problems.

I for one have seen what is going on and I no longer hold much USD because I know it will eventually go to zero. An optimistic scenario of the USD is that it will only face slight inflation.

Gold and silver are the true forms of money. I now hold gold/silver where I would have normally held USD. I save in gold/silver not USD.
Are you referring to my utter cluelessness of the economic system and the monetary system as well as the rest of America in the same boat? LOL.
Hey I gotta start somehwere ya know?

How long have you 'seen what has been going on?"

I guess I'm glad my mom and MIL still held on to the old school tradition of hanging on to gold coins/bars.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:23 AM

795 posts, read 2,299,215 times
Talking money - money every where and not a thing to buy

Quote:
What are you going to do with it? You go into Safeway for a loaf of bread and plunk down your oz of gold - what is your 'change' going to be, a truck load of more bread? But of course not, Safeway will not have any bread or anything else.

Get your MRE's now along with them other bulk long self life food's now...

Old 11-12-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
So basically you're a Schiff zealot? Its rather telling that you think you can stay what two people you know nothing about know and understand. Zealotry....never makes much sense though.

Quote:
Gold and silver are the true forms of money.
Of course, because they are shinny right? Gold and silver are no more "true forms of money" than shells and wheels.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
I don't find it an odd hatred. I'm beginning to hate our government also. After this mortgage mess, I personally have woken up and now see them for the crooks that they are.
Schiff hates the US government and is blinded by his hatred. His dad had the same issue and is now is sitting in Jail.

Both Rogers and Schiff are becoming increasing belligerent as many of their bets are going wrong. Schiff was wrong about a number of things and his funds are dropping like flies.

Their supporters are also becoming increasing belligerent.

Also, blaming the government for the current problems makes little sense. Certainly the government played a role, they removed regulations and failed to regulate the rapidly changing financial industry. But, most of the fault is with financial institutions and the American public. Of course, its just easier to blame the government....

Old 11-12-2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
So basically you're a Schiff zealot? Its rather telling that you think you can stay what two people you know nothing about know and understand. Zealotry....never makes much sense though.

Of course, because they are shinny right? Gold and silver are no more "true forms of money" than shells and wheels.

Well even if you don't consider gold as valuable, how is it any less valuable than paper money that is created out of thin air? At least with gold, it comes from the earth and actually has to be dug out. The dollar only holds value based on trust and faith. I don't see why anyone should trust our dollars anymore especially after this mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics