Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:33 AM

707 posts, read 1,293,389 times

Advertisements

Anything Tim Geithner says or does is tainted by his tax evasion. Obama, if he was honest, should have withdrawn his name from nomination. It has tainted this administration and proof that Obama is not really a change agent. Just more of the same, crooked dishonest pols that feel they are above the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 AM

3 posts, read 4,411 times
Oh my word!!! This is "scarey"! Geitner taking over private enterprises! There goes another american freedom and american dream down the toilet! I ask is the new "hitler" regime coming on full force? I have the right yet don't i to ask? This government is "out of control" so somebody better grap obama and geitner by the tail and tell them "this is not looking or sounding like america"!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:39 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times
Default That is right.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Geithner and Paulson are embedded in this system. They are not ex-University professors or informed observers. We have ex-Goldman Sachs employees, Ex-Federal Reserve bank of New York, IMF, FOMC and Council on Foreign Relations. etc. These guys have been in the middle of this for more than a decade. Lets dispense with the Geithner is new nonsense.
Time Magazine had a fairly good article where they finally threaded most of the AIG mess into a decent picture the average guy can understand.

The players are just more of the old revolving door type game that has been played so many times in the past. The players are pouring money back to Congress as we speak, just one big circle where everybody plays CYA and reads from the various scripts as necessary to fog up the real picture. A very corrupt game in all its forms.

They all play a game of risk where profits are for private hands, losses for the public to handle. Same game, slightly different strokes at different times, they will play it over and over. There will be no real "Reform". What this game puts at risk most is anything that remotely looks like a democracy. The results in their own real way promote a furthering of the Police State that has been happening in so many other little ways. First the War on Drugs, then the War on Terror, now the War on the People, Hope and the Future.

The lil guy can not "Vote" his way out of the game. The real actors are not elected or responsible for their actions. Everybody else is a puppet who plays their part on cue.

One should note the general news media is about as incompetent as they seem or maybe they actually are just another tool of the players. After all most are probably owned by the banks in one way or the other. The masters determine the truth. Can't tell what is going on even with a scorecard.

Probably have another "Market Rally" this week. Makes sense to me.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 856 times
Default Tim Geitner = Leader of AIG Mess

[SIZE=4]In response to Broadbills quest for credible sources that can sustantiate remarks made in TennisDD's Post... One of those sources, would, from what I have seen so far, be Janet Tavakoli of Tavakoli Structured Finance, Inc., whom I saw interviewed on C-Span recently. She has written numerous books on the subject of the latest economic downturn, including what lead us to the current mess, as well as who were the major players responsible. Check out her website; http://www.tavakolistructuredfinance.com/books.html[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Janet Tavakoli is the most informative, credible source of information I have seen thus far, who has been able to put a factual face on what I and some of my associates, like many of us, have intuitively sensed... [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics