Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:02 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,546,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robabeatle View Post
The general population already thinks that teachers make too much money, etc.

So when this "uprising" occurs, there will be no support. Never mind that, there is no support as it is and the population wants to take more away from teachers.
Nope. Take money away from the administrators.

Very different animal.

I think you can follow the difference.

Quote:
So, good teachers leave the system, bad ones have no other choice. The next generation is brought up without an education and the society loses.

Thanks for your support though. Calling people names shows that almost anyone can pick something in school.
So why are teachers so beat down by the administration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 03:38 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
I didn't get to modify the post because I got busy doing something else and the time ran out.

You also need to account for a librarian, school nurse, etc.

It is a bit difficult to do this on a per student basis. You need the budget for the whole school.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I didn't get to modify the post because I got busy doing something else and the time ran out.

You also need to account for a librarian, school nurse, etc.

It is a bit difficult to do this on a per student basis. You need the budget for the whole school.
Not exactly rocket science there, either.

$60,000 fully loaded salary / 600 kids = $100.

Start doing this in detail.

The numbers rarely seem to line up.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:09 PM

484 posts, read 970,169 times
I am with you on doing away with bloated administration, but I do not see how you expect this to be enacted. Sounds like you are saying "just make it happen."

What do you propose? A strike? How about creating model charter schools with very little administration and show it works? ??

Old 05-26-2012, 04:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Not exactly rocket science there, either.

$60,000 fully loaded salary / 600 kids = $100.

Start doing this in detail.

The numbers rarely seem to line up.
There's exceptions to that.

1 SPED kid who needs a full time assistant blows the math away.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:46 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Sure. I know this. By the way, bond payments are a separate budget.

So all we are really talking about is Operations and Maintenance. And it does not need $100,000 per classroom beyond the teacher's fully loaded salary.

I have went through the detail levels and see where the money is basically being stolen. I have found few classroom teachers who can/will do that math.

This is con, fraud and theft at the administrative level.

They will not even buy books for our kids.

Whooolllleeee lotta of "other."

But you cannot put classroom teachers salaries (a minor portion) on both sides of the equation, and pretend there is not money to do the job.

Do you understand why we wish to de-fund and kill the status quo?

And on the other side, I see Admin folks try to hide behind claims of "the children, the children," to maintain their theft.

I don't know where you are but bond payments should figure into the overall schools budget.

Define theft.

If you're like most people who wish to defund schools you're pissed from when you were in school.

As I've said, define theft. It's real easy to throw out charges and quite another to define them or prove them.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:01 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,236,654 times
Quote:
Did you miss the part about the money math -- or not follow it?

Here is what it looks like at my kids' school.

Budget: $30 Million.

Kids in school: 3550

Gross per unit / $ per kid: about $8450 per kid.

Classrooms -- we have two kids in school -- 18 kids in one classroom, 22 in the other -- average 20 kids.

On average, each of those classrooms represent an annual Cash Flow of 20 kids X $8450 = over $169,000 -- again, each.

So where does that money go?

Teachers have become dumb tools because they do not take out the incompetent and crooked admin. who are stealing your resources.

Face it, teachers are wimps.

It is well-known that it takes a lot more than $8500/child to get a top-quality education. The best schools in the Northeast now charge well upwards of $35,000/child. That's 4 times what typical public school funding provides per child.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't know where you are but bond payments should figure into the overall schools budget.
Texas, thanks for asking.

And $400,000 travel budgets should not be.

But things are what they are.

Quote:

Define theft.
Here is the one that seems to work for us.

PENAL CODE**CHAPTER 31. THEFT

What is your point? Do you really not know this?

Quote:

If you're like most people who wish to defund schools you're pissed from when you were in school.
Ahhh, very insightful. Maybe it is my astrological sign, as well.

No, sorry, dum-dum. Among other things, I work with kids coming out of Public Education Schools entering College and help them recover from the crap they have went through. Now that I have kids at the lower levels, I understand where the mess begins.

Quote:
As I've said, define theft. It's real easy to throw out charges and quite another to define them or prove them.
I will let you catch up on your education of the Penal Code, linked above and we can continue . . . .

Old 05-26-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's exceptions to that.

1 SPED kid who needs a full time assistant blows the math away.
All factors and budgets right in, as well.

You do computer models. You know this.

At the of the day, zero = zero.

Except in School Budget Math.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:20 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Texas, thanks for asking.

And $400,000 travel budgets should not be.

But things are what they are.

Here is the one that seems to work for us.

PENAL CODE**CHAPTER 31. THEFT

What is your point? Do you really not know this?

Ahhh, very insightful. Maybe it is my astrological sign, as well.

No, sorry, dum-dum. Among other things, I work with kids coming out of Public Education Schools entering College and help them recover from the crap they have went through. Now that I have kids at the lower levels, I understand where the mess begins.

I will let you catch up on your education of the Penal Code, linked above and we can continue . . . .
So you can't answer what you mean by theft. Which means you're nothing more than another dumbass with a hardon for some teacher that was "mean" to you. Or you didn't get the lead in the school play or something.

I know some Texans are dumbasses, like yourself, but the smart ones I know are at least able to say what the theft was.

Did you ever stop to think that those students you supposedly help may have no business going to college? Talk about theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education