Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:47 PM

632 posts, read 1,180,060 times

Advertisements

From my personal experience, I had teachers back in the 90s say things to me that made me want to breakdown and cry. However, as the abuse got more pervasive, it ticked me off and lit a fire in me to the point that, I went from being a B-, C+ student to an A student (we also switched school districts so that may have helped).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 06:51 AM

21 posts, read 25,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
So my 12 year old sixth grader comes home and tells me his techshop teacher routinely refers to some students as idiots. Needless to say I am livid, and want to speak to the principal. Am I overreacting? He also had another student monitor my son's attention level and point out when he was not paying attention. Is this a new teaching techique I am not privy to? My son is a good student ( currently a 94 average) who lives with ADHD, so I it is more than likely he may not have been paying full attention.
There has to be more to the story than what was posted .I have been called retard more times than I can count all by students in those cases the kids got into some form of trouble.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:51 PM

17 posts, read 35,415 times
Usually when a teacher insult a student is because he has a good reason.
I remember when I still were in high school. One day I were in music class doing the moron with a friend while the teacher was playing a beautiful classical music, finally he got angry and shouted us that we are a couple of *******s who don't have a **** of sensitivity. And this a lot of days, we were idiots, all were our fault , not teacher fault.

Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish.

PD: Well, explicit parts were censured.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Back in the '70's, we had a teacher who called students who didn't make the grade "vegetables"...she had a section of the room in the back known as the "vegetable patch" and they had to sit there (kind of like the dunce chair). It ended up being kind of laughable, but nobody really wanted to be sent to the garden if they could help it after realizing that "vegetable" meant "brain dead".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education