Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 01:27 PM

715 posts, read 791,189 times

Advertisements

during school , i had a bit of name calling due to having large ears which i can laugh about it now but hurt at the time , just wondering if anyone here has any experiences with bullying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,084 times
being the youngest of 13 kids I got bullied plenty by siblings so I passed it on to schoolmates .. I`m not proud of that as I see some of them from time to time ...

Old 05-11-2015, 01:51 PM

188 posts, read 209,725 times
I was bullied from about 6th grade until 9th grade.
I was a tomboy and a nerd, with glasses and frizzy hair, which I covered with baseball caps. I was an easy target, lol.

The weird thing is that I was bullied at random, by kids I didn't even know, usually in grades above me. They said I was ugly, said I looked like a boy, made fun of me for being "poor" (I wasn't poor, I was from a working class family ). I was laughed at, had things thrown at me and was regarded as though I were carrying the plague. Didn't even have a boyfriend until I was almost 17.

It was hurtful, but nothing I can remember crying over.
But I wasn't bullied hardcore like some kids were and are.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:57 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,990,623 times
Well............there was this bully on the playground. He was in 2nd grade. I was in first.

It was winter...December to be exact.

He was telling the other kids that Santa wasn't coming to the base because he died in 1957 (this was 1961) and kids were starting to cry.

I called him a meanie and a liar and that everything was a-okay with Santa.

Then he pushed me.........a girl.

Well.......I punched him in the face and he fell like a deck of cards.

I know I shouldn't have hit him....two wrongs don't make a right...........BUT............

Old 05-11-2015, 04:08 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
I think City Data is one of the worst places of bullying. Nest of bullying.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:54 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
I have the feeling that almost everyone was bullied for some reason or another. If not for ears, then for being too short, too tall, too dumb, too smart, too fat, for wearing glasses, for dressing funny, whatever.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:53 PM

367 posts, read 457,955 times
When I was young and immature as a young teenager in school I was one of those popular girls standing next to the bully and either laughing at what was said, or just pretending nothing was happening. At no point, at that time when I did that, did it occur to me that I was just as bad as the one doing the bullying. This all stopped by the time I was a junior, I would say, and I began getting much more mature. I did make friends with some of the people who probably hated me in junior high, by the time I graduated.

Very little, if anything, really was done to me or those I hung out with when we at our meanest. Thankfully, times have changed, and we are clamping down on this, because it is long overdue in school systems, though far more needs to be done.

Now, the onus is on the parents, not just those who were on the wrong end of it while they were growing up; but also for those of us who either dished some out, or casually observed it and thought it was funny, to teach our kids the seriousness of the matter. The message cannot only be given out in schools. My oldest is getting closer to now to reaching these years and I am doing and will continue to do my best to make sure she stays away from being an instigator of this, or just standing there laughing.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:33 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,511 times
There were two kids who bullied me throughout my first half of elementary school. They kept saying the word "bus" over and over again. There's actually a reason why that word scared me for a while: About three weeks into my 1st grade year, I got on the wrong school bus by accident. I didn't know my address at the time, so I couldn't tell him where I lived. He eventually dropped me off at the school where they called my mother to pick me up. It was an incredibly scary and stressful situation for the 5 year old me.

The two that bullied me did it to other students too. One of them was in an alternative school by the time he graduated elementary school. One of my friends from high school's mother recently told me that the other one was arrested for breaking into cars.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:48 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,626 times
Nothing as bad as my middle school son is experiencing. The same girl has written in pen on his jeans, sprayed him multiple times with perfume, punched him in the balls and repeatedly grabs his stomach (he's overweight).

I called the Principal and the Counselor about the sexual assault. Neither the female Principal or the female Counselor has done anything.

He's 5'10" and weighs about 180. I'm this close to giving him permission to punch this little **** in the face as hard as he can. Then we'll see what kind of response the administration at the school has.

Bullying is actually getting worse nowadays. Way worse, I'm not sure why. And in my small circle (3 kids at three different schools plus two teachers in the family) girls are really upping the ante.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:04 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Bullied by bosses, but I was younger and thought it was their job to do this... being forced to do menial dangerous tasks when I should have gone to union bosses.. but didnt find out till later.. teachers too can be bullies and were...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education