Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 02:44 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
Just wondering - (for example someone setting fire to the place or a dodgy teacher)

at my school

Someone got knocked out with a bag after a lad threw it at him and a lad got expelled for hitting a teacher and on my first week at the school , two year 11s had a fight in the school hall.
In grammar school, there was this bully (when bullying was not as politically incorrect) and he would pick on EVERYONE.

One day, this new girl, who looked like an adult Serena Williams (not same face but same body size and everything, yes, she was that big, even in grammar school) she decided one day that she wasn't going to accept this male bully picking on everyone, and there was a HUGE altercation in the classroom. There wasn't an actual fistfight, but this girl lifted up a large glass fishtank (it was empty, just had rocks at the bottom) and she threw it at the bully. It ALMOST hit him but he got out of the way just in time and the thing smashed all over the floor, broken glass an everything. Nobody got hurt with the flying glass but geez, this was something to see, a lot of us were secretly happy this happened.

I'd like to say the bully stopped bullying after this incident, but i don't know for sure.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:09 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
My examples fall somewhere in between the axe murder and the worms...

We had a teacher who coached girl's basketball. There was a girl on the team who was really good, plus pretty & smart. As soon as she graduated, the teacher quit his job and they ran off to get married and he followed her to her college, from what I heard. Apparently they had been having an affair all along.

We also had two other female students, one my age and one a year younger, who married teachers after high school. This was the late 80s, so it was pretty strange.

The only other major event was in my sophomore year, a very popular guy who was dating my fried suddenly died when his house blew up from a gas leak. He and his father died, and the house was completely gone.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:57 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
A kid told his friends he is going to stab the French teacher to death and then kill himself.

Left a suicide note on his bed that particular day. So during class he got up and walked towards the teacher. He changed his mind and turned around. The kitchen knife still in the pocket. Walked back to his desk and somebody started yelling that he has a knife and threatened to kill the teacher.

Police came. Reporters. TV stations camped outside his house. The kid got stuffed into a pychiatric clinic for a year and his parents had to temporarily move out of town to avoid the media. He has now a masters degree and found a great job.

Small town story from Germany

Old 10-19-2014, 10:28 PM

846 posts, read 1,798,332 times
My high school had some interesting things happen when I was there (2006-10). We had numerous lockdowns, sometimes because of crimes in the area, sometimes fire drills.

Our rival high school spray painted our school twice in my time at school. One time during my freshman year, they painted their colors (purple) all over the walls, wrote vulgar symbols all over the walls, and spray-painted even on the football stadium itself, damaging the press box.

It was a multi-thousand dollar clean up job to fix the mess. My senior year, we started a green wall of plants along our wall and some of the West Ashley students vandalized that.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:03 AM

577 posts, read 900,470 times
In elementary school my 4th grade teacher was physically abusive and no one ever did anything about it. He was the only male in the building other than the custodian. He only picked on the "bad" kids but would hit one in particular and throw him against a wall. I did tell my mother about it but she didn't believe me.

In high school, right after graduation a girl married her much older math tutor... they'd been having a relationship all along.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:11 PM

715 posts, read 791,595 times
also my mates school email got hacked.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:59 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,964,783 times
Had a girl next to me have a bad reaction to some heroin she took during biology. She went into cardiac arrest with her head on her desk.. The were pumping her as she as they rolled her out the doorway, she didn't make it.

Senior prank involved letting loose hundreds of baby chicks loose in the school

Watched a kid get his face destroyed when he got into a fight with another kid who repeatedly smashed it into the hubcaps of the school bus (with the big nuts poking out)

One of the kids thought it would be funny to make one of our older teachers slip up in the lunch room so they laid down something wet right behind her. She slipped, her tray went to the left and her wig went to the right.

Our band director a well respected man, was found to be dating some of the boys in the marching band and my hot young psychology teacher was found to be doing some of the girls for some extra credit on his own time also.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:01 PM

715 posts, read 791,595 times
Default What is the most shocking/strangest thing that happened at your school?

i will start with mine

someone got knocked out with a boot bag

and two year 11's had a fight in the hall in the first week of me being there

also once lost locked out of the school by the Year 11 when i was in Year 7

a pupil got expelled for punching a PE teacher.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:37 AM

38 posts, read 33,750 times
when i was in catholic school (K-8th), every year in May, on one Friday night, the 8th graders would host a spaghetti dinner as part of their confirmation. since the school was totally opened and linked (lots of open air walkways, courtyards and etc.), most of the doors to the classroom and even the teachers lounge were unlocked and easily accessible. well on the 2006 spaghetti dinner several kids from a bunch of different grades decided to ransack the teachers lounge, which was full of old plush furniture, knocking over things, writing with permanent marker on the whiteboard etc etc. the principal retired after that year and we got another the following year when I was in 5th grade we got a new one, a really old lady from New York.

In 5th grade we had a test where we had to write down all the states and their capitals. In the middle of the test a kid raised his hand and asked why Springfield was the capital of IL, to which the teacher admonished him.

sixth grade was a real trip. Apparently the whole middle school acted really bad that year.

there was this one kid who made really awesome paper planes out of the work he was supposed to be doing. someone dared him into flying one during a test, and it landed square on the keyboard of the teacher's laptop after it accidently caught a drift from the ceiling fan and went in the wrong direction.

speaking of laptops, a kid permanently broke one by messing up the boot order so the hard drive didn't work anymore.

one time in music class everyone (including the teacher) had to copy the dance moves of the teacher - selected dance leader, and the kid from the states test became the leader. He did a...humping motion, which everyone copied, including the music teacher.

also in sixth grade we didn't have a computer teacher so whatever adult who wasn't busy would supervise us. one day there was no one available, so we were in the computer lab alone. someone found out a way to get to YouTube and blared pop music throughout the whole lab.

during lunch some kid shook up a soda, and the teacher caught him and told him to throw it away. He opened it, threw it at the teacher, and was expelled.

in 7th grade the dictator principle instituted a three strikes you're out discipline deal due to all the ruckus the year before, which didn't go over well. she ended up getting fired because she lifted up a third grader's skirt to see if her shirt was tucked in.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:05 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,679,753 times
My old PE teacher was found guilty of murdering her girlfriend.

The wrestling coach at my kids' high school bit the head off of a live bird in front of the wrestling team. He was charged with animal cruelty.

The principal at that same school was arrested for shoplifting a pair of lightweight curtains that she stuffed in her purse.

All of these incidents were in highly rated, very affluent schools. Just weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education