Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 03:43 PM

43,641 posts, read 44,361,055 times

Advertisements

Mine was my 11th grade history who was also the high school principal. His whole class was like a monotone dictation session.

Who was your most boring teacher and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 03:52 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,626,136 times
I had a social studies teacher in 9th grade who I thought was kind of boring because he seldom talked to us, he would wheel in a tv set and disappear every day leaving us to watch Top Cat cartoons for the hour. Top Cat was entertaining but that teacher was so dull I don't think I ever caught his name. It didn't matter though, he passed everyone anyway.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:34 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,672,692 times
My son had a history teacher sorta like that. At least he was showing movies that were historical fiction. It was his favorite class.

My least favorite teacher was also a high school social studies teacher. He sat behind his desk and lectured in monotone voice the entire time.

Bueller...Bueller...

(I was the kid asleep with the spittle coming out)

Old 10-21-2014, 06:12 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,348 times
My most boring teacher was my economics teacher. He made an already dry subject even more boring. His tests were nasty too, they were only 5 or 6 questions, and each one represented 25% of your semester grade. Miss 2 questions, and you basically failed that test.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:15 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,525,084 times
My health teacher. All he did was read the paper. Every now and again he'd read a sentence from the paper and leave out a word. The student who got it right got a point. That's how the class was graded. It was his last year before retirement and he was determined to find out just how far he could push things.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:52 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
My world history professor during my freshman year of college. He stood in front of the class and read from the book (like us college students were incapable of this). He had a voice that droned on and on and on and on........... He wouldn't even look up from the book so most everyone in class did something other than history.

History has always been something I loved, but this guy sapped the life out of it.

He was a tenured professor which gives you a clue about the academic quality of this college. Quitting this place and eventually transferring was the smartest decision of my life.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:09 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,907 times
I never appreciated my 10th grade World History teacher until many years after high school. But at the time, she was unlike any teacher I had ever had before---exceedingly boring, extremely strict, never remembered anyone's name, tough test giver, and quite strange to look at (I wont get into that). But as an adult, I think about her...and remember her for the extremely intelligent woman that she was. She just didn't have the people skills (esp. with high school kids) to be an effective teacher.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:51 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,375,112 times
Default Mr. Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Mine was my 11th grade history who was also the high school principal. His whole class was like a monotone dictation session.

Who was your most boring teacher and why?
The best and worst teachers were both in the Math department.
Mr. Pace was hilarious. He knew that the students attention span in Algebra/Geometry was time limited,
so the first 15 minutes and last 15 out of an hour were power paced with a big break in between. We were doing things like bringing small pets to school You could here his class down the hall.

Mr. Jones was probably a genius. He couldn't understand why Calculus and Trig. weren't just so obvious to us dummies.

What always worried me about teaching is that just because you get high marks doesn't mean you can teach.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,273 times
My most boring teacher had to be the Economics teacher I had in High school. He had such a flat monotone way of speaking and he dressed like an undertaker in a horror movie. He looked like one too.
I hated that guy and since he failed me over one freakin' lousy point I guess the feeling was mutual.

My science teacher on the other hand was an incredible teacher who made learning fun and interesting and made me want to learn more. Those kind of teachers are very rare.

I had an English teacher in jr. high that was born in France and spoke with a heavy french accent. We could hardly understand what she was saying. She had trouble with the english language and used to ask us how to pronounce words. I have no idea how she got that job.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,387,480 times
11th Grade Chemistry, 9th Grade Physics

College: General Chem II (My Gen Chem I was great, so it was quite a downgrade)

I'm sure there were more, but those stand out the most to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education