Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:56 PM

18 posts, read 23,164 times

Advertisements

How are you !whoever come here and view my note.
I am a Chinese girl,My name is CHENXiao zhu.you can call me phyllis for short. i meet this forum when i was search customers via internet

it was good such as my hometown‘s forum.when i was a middle school student,i stay in the forum at my leisure time. of course we communion in Chinese o(∩_∩)o...
when i was a children,i though i will to be a mailman,i like to see the bliss expression people shown, when they received a letter from a old friend.and ride on a bike in the country road....
Or to be a Chinese teacher,i like my country very much,she is plentiful and centuries-old...

i am fresh as a international trade operator.to be a operator is out of my expect.
But you can not always to do what you want ,right ?

actually,i poor in English,but i want to improve it sincere. I will love my job,also love English .But i lack of practice,so i would like to makes friends with English speaking people sincerely.
if you can help me as a friends please add my MSN ID:justkapok@yahoo.cn it also my yahoo!messenger ID.
And if you want to learn Chinese,I think i can give you some help.

Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 10:57 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,063,834 times
Welcome!

For practice conversing in English, try the "World" forum and "Other Topics" forums. Don't be afraid to start threads and tell us more about yourself, where you are from, and how you live. Also, feel free to share your opinions on any of the other topics discussed here.

Here's a quick critique of your English. I'll try to re-phrase what you have written into "better" English. Please keep in mind that there are many different ways to say things in English:

Quote:
How are you !whoever come here and view my note.
Greetings to everyon who reads what I have written here.

Quote:
I am a Chinese girl,My name is CHENXiao zhu.you can call me phyllis for short. i meet this forum when i was search customers via internet
I am a Chinese girl. My name is Chen-Xiao.Zhu. You can call me "Phyllis" for short. I found this forum when I was searching for customers on the internet.

Quote:
it was good such as my hometown‘s forum.when i was a middle school student,i stay in the forum at my leisure time. of course we communion in Chinese o(∩_∩)o...
When I was a middle school student, I spent my leisure time on my hometown's forum. Of course, we communicated in Chinese.

Quote:
when i was a children,i though i will to be a mailman,i like to see the bliss expression people shown, when they received a letter from a old friend.and ride on a bike in the country road....
When I was a child, I wanted to be a mailman, riding a bike on a country road. I thought I would enjoy seeing the blissful expression of people when they received a letter from an old friend.

Quote:
Or to be a Chinese teacher,i like my country very much,she is plentiful and centuries-old...
Or I wanted to be a teacher of Chinese History. I like my country very much. She has centuries (millennia actually) of history.

Quote:
i am fresh as a international trade operator.to be a operator is out of my expect.
But you can not always to do what you want ,right ?
I am new to international trade operations. I did not expect to do this job when I was growing up, but you can't always get what you want, right?

Quote:
actually,i poor in English,but i want to improve it sincere. I will love my job,also love English .But i lack of practice,so i would like to makes friends with English speaking people sincerely.
Actually, my English is poor but I sincerely want to improve it. I love my job and I love English but I need practice, so I would sincerely (maybe say "really" instead) like to make friends with English-speaking people.

Quote:
if you can help me as a friends please add my MSN ID:justkapok@yahoo.cn it also my yahoo!messenger ID.
And if you want to learn Chinese,I think i can give you some help.
If you want to be friends and help me with my English...

>>

So, there you go. Best of luck improving you English. Hope you connect with some friends.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Welcome!

For practice conversing in English, try the "World" forum and "Other Topics" forums. Don't be afraid to start threads and tell us more about yourself, where you are from, and how you live. Also, feel free to share your opinions on any of the other topics discussed here.

Here's a quick critique of your English. I'll try to re-phrase what you have written into "better" English. Please keep in mind that there are many different ways to say things in English:

Greetings to everyon who reads what I have written here.

I am a Chinese girl. My name is Chen-Xiao.Zhu. You can call me "Phyllis" for short. I found this forum when I was searching for customers on the internet.

When I was a middle school student, I spent my leisure time on my hometown's forum. Of course, we communicated in Chinese.

When I was a child, I wanted to be a mailman, riding a bike on a country road. I thought I would enjoy seeing the blissful expression of people when they received a letter from an old friend.

Or I wanted to be a teacher of Chinese History. I like my country very much. She has centuries (millennia actually) of history.

I am new to international trade operations. I did not expect to do this job when I was growing up, but you can't always get what you want, right?

Actually, my English is poor but I sincerely want to improve it. I love my job and I love English but I need practice, so I would sincerely (maybe say "really" instead) like to make friends with English-speaking people.

If you want to be friends and help me with my English...

>>

So, there you go. Best of luck improving you English. Hope you connect with some friends.
Thank you very much!
i will try my best to learn

Old 07-11-2008, 12:14 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justkapok View Post
[color=#008000]How are you !to whom it may concern my name is Chen Xiao Zhu but you can call me phyllis for short.

I found this forum when I was searching the internet for (customers??)

This is as good as my hometown‘s forum. When I was in middle school I would go on forums during my free time. Of course we talked in Chinese.

When i was a child I wanted to be a mailman because I liked to see people smile when they received a letter from a old friend and I wanted to ride a bike on the country roads.

I also thought about being a Chinese teacher. I like my country it is rich in history.

I am a new international trade operator. I did not want this job but we cannot always do what we please. Right?

I am poor in English and I really need practice. Anybody interested in helping me out? If you would like I can help you with Chinese
There you go I was bored.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:58 AM

36 posts, read 166,995 times
Hi Justkapork !

How are you today? which city are U living in?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:31 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Hi Phyllis! Welcome to our forum. Someday I will come and see your country, but it's awfully big.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:17 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Dead stim, wata; all same.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdca View Post
Hi Justkapork !

How are you today? which city are U living in?
I am fine. thank you. hope you too
i am living Xiamen.China now.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Hi Phyllis! Welcome to our forum. Someday I will come and see your country, but it's awfully big.
Welcome to our country,it si a very beautiful country,you will like it once you come here

Old 08-03-2008, 11:07 PM

36 posts, read 166,995 times
I visited Shanghai and some other cities in 2004. Right, a beautiful country but a lot of apartments with clothes hung outside.

Which countries have you travelled to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education