Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:52 AM

156 posts, read 182,131 times

Advertisements

Hey

So pretty good chance we are moving to El Paso this winter and looking for time to come back out and check out some apartments. We are looking for either a townhouse or 3 bedroom apartment rental. Our preference is to be on the west side, but we can handle being elsewhere until we become more situated. Thanks

I was wondering if anyone had any input on the following apt complexes or others I haven't found out about yet. We like newer builds.

1. Coronado Springs
2. Villas at Helen Troy
3. Las Masciones
4. Tuscany at Mesa Hills
5. Puerta Villa at Cimarron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 06:03 PM

575 posts, read 884,633 times
I had to look up Coronado Springs -- didn't realize that was there. And what's Las Masciones? Can't find any info on that one. is that a typo?

Don't have too much to say about these. I know the Tuscany is pricy, but in a good location, and Puerta Villa has a lot of soldiers and the apartments have very little proper outdoor space.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:51 PM

Las Mansiones ~ Resort Style Living

Old 09-06-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet West View Post
I had to look up Coronado Springs -- didn't realize that was there. And what's Las Masciones? Can't find any info on that one. is that a typo?

Don't have too much to say about these. I know the Tuscany is pricy, but in a good location, and Puerta Villa has a lot of soldiers and the apartments have very little proper outdoor space.
Outdoor space like community space or balcony space on the Puerta Villa

Thanks for the info

Old 09-07-2014, 06:32 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbebo View Post
That's on the FAR east side of the city, but with easy access to loop road 375.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
That's on the FAR east side of the city, but with easy access to loop road 375.
Probably off of the list then.

Can anyone recommend any other apartments on the west side of town?

Old 09-08-2014, 06:56 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,083,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbebo View Post
Probably off of the list then.

Can anyone recommend any other apartments on the west side of town?
Yes and traffic on that side is horrible during certain hours of the day due to Soldiers commuting to/from Ft. Bliss.

I would recommend Puerta Villa. It's a very nice complex, nice pool, small gym (but enough to do what you want) and the walking trail along Resler is very nice. The community is gated, there are grills spread out throughout the complex and about 3-4 grills in the pool area. Pool area also has wifi for you. It is quiet there. Quarter fed laundry is at the rental office, 24 hour access for laundry.

For 2 bedroom rent with water is about $960 for me and my wife. Electricity is $55, we keep it around 73-74 during the warm months. Never been here in the winter time so I couldn't tell you how much heat would cost. Cable/internet choices are Time Warner or AT&T. I've used both, they're both about the same. Currently have AT&T as it gave me more channels for the money with the special they were running at the time.

If you e-mail Puerta Villa, they can send you a current price list. There are overhead parking spots and garages available though the wait on the garages is quite long, over 6 months last time I checked. But there is a very nice self storage facility I've used a few times down Resler near the Wal Mart Neighborhood Market. It's called Franklin Self Storage.

You're about 2 miles from the Wal Mart Neighborhood Market, 10 minutes from Sunland Park Mall/Best Buy/Target and 5 from the Outlet Mall. You have easy access to both I-10 and 375. I-10 is about 3 minutes away and 375 is 5 minutes up Resler. There is a Chevron across the street. In the same plaza is a Dollar General, quick lube oil change place, martial arts school, liquor store (nice kind, not the seedy kind), pizza place, Chinese place, Subway, dry cleaner, realtor, ice cream shop and dog grooming place. Behind the plaza is the Greater El Paso Credit Union.

There is plenty of shopping within a 10 minute drive for your typical retail stores and food places. 2 things not close are CVS (there is Walgreens close, though) and JC Penney's (it's on the east side) but other than those 2 that come to mind right now, I can't think of much that's not over here.

West side seems to be quieter. Plenty of bike lanes if you're into biking. Franklin HS is about 2 miles away (across from Wal Mart) and a lot of people use their tennis courts, basketball courts and track.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:20 AM

575 posts, read 884,633 times
Are you back, Army Guy?

Puerta Villa does look nice. It's new, at least. I still have a problem with "no useable outdoor space" (i.e., a patio or balcony that's private) but maybe that's not so important for you.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:08 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,083,948 times
Violet West,

Yes, got back in July, ended up going home to Chicago for a few weeks and also did some other traveling.

No, the outdoor space isn't important to us as we do not have any kids yet. I do miss having a garage to work on my car but it is what it is.

OP,

There are also a lot of rental homes available on the westside in the "Ridge" area. I think you're probably looking at $1,200+ a month but it is a home.

Personally, I didn't go for a home as I wanted access to a pool as well as a gym. Plus, I think we are ultimately saving money with less expenses to maintain the apartment than we would in a house.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 PM

Thanks. Wife is interested in a home rental, but I'm not so eager to get into a home rental. Higher bills, no gym or pool access (wife wants the pool), and more maintenance.

Plus being new to the area, I think its easier to get acquinted and setup in El paso.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: