Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:27 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingtha View Post
You can't imagine how much that resonates with me!!!! Sigh. That is what I probably miss the most. I now live in Houston, which is WAY too congested and polluted for my taste.

I long for the days when I could take a deep breath of fresh desert air after a summer evening rain..... and feel alive!!!

Welcome to Refinery Alley and here's your personal respirator. I can't wait to GTFO of this hot, smelly, humid hell of a place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 05:29 PM

158 posts, read 439,055 times
Thanks for the kudos, guys! My actual name is Sabrina, apparently a lot of people have dogs with that name too LOL

Thanks everyone for making me feel at home in El Paso. I do really like it here. I must ask though, why is there such a poor selection of beer at stores in this city? Maybe that is for a different thread. Think I'll start one

Old 10-19-2008, 05:50 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Welcome to Refinery Alley and here's your personal respirator. I can't wait to GTFO of this hot, smelly, humid hell of a place.
El Paso HUMID, really? Are you in the same El Paso I am?

Ahh just wait till ASARCO goes back on line.. bwahahahaha..

Old 10-19-2008, 06:54 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
El Paso HUMID, really? Are you in the same El Paso I am?

Ahh just wait till ASARCO goes back on line.. bwahahahaha..

Hmm, or was he talking about Houston?

Old 10-19-2008, 06:59 PM

In the EL Paso Thread? I guess so.. but without saying as much it has left us to wonder.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
Quote:
In the EL Paso Thread? I guess so.. but without saying as much it has left us to wonder.
I am guessing because they were talking about Houston earlier.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
Quote:
If it really left you to wonder then I guess I need to make it more clear. Do you think El Paso is more humid than Houston? I thought I made it clear enough when I highlighted "I now live in Houston". I've also said I was moving from El Paso to Houston in numerous posts.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:47 AM

I have to be honest.. I have not seen many of your other post.. you kinda blend in to the background sorry.

So you happy your leaving Houston then? Because this is the El Paso thread and if you want to complain and post how happy you are leaving Houston, maybe you should post it in the Houston thread.. they would care more than the El Paso threaders would. SO are you on your way back to El Paso, or will you try to find something less humid with more jobs and better pay.. like maybe in Dallas, or Maybe you want to leave Texas and try Arizona, or maybe New Mexico?

Old 10-20-2008, 06:45 PM

44 posts, read 156,225 times
All the responses on shopping sound nice to me! Like I said I have no shopping here what so ever.. My husband says that the weather sounds like a dream compared to the very VERY chilly weather here, (ice storms, no power etc.). What about the storms? We are in tornado alley here and I know parts of Texas are. At first I was afraid to move to NE because of the storms, but they are really pretty. I could just do without the tornado part!!
I guess now comes the time for my family and I to visit the area and experience it.
When my family and I were looking at houses in the area for sale we noticed that a lot of them had pools in the backyard. Are there several public swimming pools or membership pools? I know in Idaho there are communities that share a pool for the neighborhood. Here we have some that are public and one that is membership for about $150 for the summer.
One thing that my girls think is really neat, that you can swim all year round!
Is there a grocery store in El Paso that is similar to Whole Foods? I know there is a Whole Foods in Dallas and Austin but they don't seem to have one closer. Are there locally owned "natural" grocery stores or farmers market? I googled it and found one that also is a deli??
Since the weather seems to be pleasant all year round, does that mean that if you like to garden, (like I do), you can have a sustainable garden all year?

Old 10-20-2008, 06:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithmyoung View Post
All the responses on shopping sound nice to me! Like I said I have no shopping here what so ever.. My husband says that the weather sounds like a dream compared to the very VERY chilly weather here, (ice storms, no power etc.). What about the storms? We are in tornado alley here and I know parts of Texas are. At first I was afraid to move to NE because of the storms, but they are really pretty. I could just do without the tornado part!!
I guess now comes the time for my family and I to visit the area and experience it.
When my family and I were looking at houses in the area for sale we noticed that a lot of them had pools in the backyard. Are there several public swimming pools or membership pools? I know in Idaho there are communities that share a pool for the neighborhood. Here we have some that are public and one that is membership for about $150 for the summer.
One thing that my girls think is really neat, that you can swim all year round!
Is there a grocery store in El Paso that is similar to Whole Foods? I know there is a Whole Foods in Dallas and Austin but they don't seem to have one closer. Are there locally owned "natural" grocery stores or farmers market? I googled it and found one that also is a deli??
Since the weather seems to be pleasant all year round, does that mean that if you like to garden, (like I do), you can have a sustainable garden all year?

Weellll...... by perfect weather, most of us don't mean swimming weather all year. We mean no snow to plow out of driveways, not much rain, no blizzards... No -- it's not swimming all year round. Swimming season is coming to a close and won't start back up until late February or even March.

I believe there are some membership pools but there are a number of public pools -- some indoors which could make for year round swimming.

There are some kinds of natural grocery stores around. Sun Harvest is supposed to be one, there's some Indian foods and other places that look sort of natural at least on Mesa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso