Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
and the only options were San Angelo, Kerrville, or Corpus Christi which would you chose and why? The reason I'm asking is these three areas seem to stand out as good places to live/retire for a variety of different reasons and input from anyone who has first hand knowledge of these towns would be helpful to my research. Thanks in advance.
Where is your daughter going to be? If I had to move and a kid was going off to college, maybe I'd try to go nearby.

Why not Las Cruces? Las Cruces is a little more English speaking, maybe your wife could get a job, I did see a job today on El Paso Times web page for a medical assistant at an oncology clinic. Has she tried that place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 09:53 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Thats tough man.. I like San Angelo, and have considered it.. but I also Like Corpus.. I guess Corpus.. because its near the water, I am familiar with it. And Have even considered living there.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:19 AM

271 posts, read 809,951 times
This winter I'm planning a road trip to all three and hopefully one will really stand out as "the place".

Malamute
My daughter will probably go to school in California and as much as I love the beaches there it's just too expensive to live out where she wants to be and like a lot of kids she really wants to be on her own and not have "Daddy" looking over her shoulder. As to your 2nd question --Yes she did.

Muhnay
Have you investigated any other towns near CC and if so did any stand out as possibilities for you?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
DD, yes I have. Port Aransas and Portland are right next to Corpus and very nice. Ingleside was nice as well.. but they just lost the naval base and I am not sure what the city will become without the base to help support it. But it was a nice area too. Rockport I also liked... and they are about to get a huge water park. Victoria is some place else I also considered, near water if I want to make the trip, and they have an agressive way of thinking.. the hispanic chamber merged with the Chamber of Commerce to show unity recently and thats my kind of thinking. Galveston though is where my heart still lies. I recently went down there to view a house I had rented.. it was washed away. But Galveston seemed to be on the road to recovery... slowly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso