Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 AM

272 posts, read 1,063,386 times

Advertisements

Council goes for La Fe's Downtown project, $58 million in bonds, Smart 101 bus line - Newspaper Tree El Paso

The usual suspects voted against the bond. Anyone care to guess their names? That is right! It's none other than our friendly northeast representative Melina Castro and mission valley's Eddie (I hate the statue) Holguin and last but not least, Miss Forged documents Rachel Quintana! Jesus the citizenry need to start electing more capable and less corrupt individuals than these three clowns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 02:23 PM

270 posts, read 626,773 times
USMC, you had me laughing with your description of these three city reps. I have descripted two of the male reps as Laurel and Hardy-they had twin beards and one speaks, the other parrots. I havent come up with one for my other favorite. Saw an editorial where the Mayor is descripted as Arlo Gutherie. Thanks goodness, we live in a free speech society or you and I would be locked up. LOL

Old 01-28-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luplor View Post
USMC, you had me laughing with your description of these three city reps. I have descripted two of the male reps as Laurel and Hardy-they had twin beards and one speaks, the other parrots. I havent come up with one for my other favorite. Saw an editorial where the Mayor is descripted as Arlo Gutherie. Thanks goodness, we live in a free speech society or you and I would be locked up. LOL
Those are pretty funny names. We have to laugh and make light of the situation.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:43 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times
Well since NE Rep Melina Castro always ''Cast'' a ''No'' vote we could call her Melina CastNo .

Old 02-03-2009, 07:17 PM

524 posts, read 1,370,679 times
Well..my mother got to me before I read it here..like I said before..>I do not need to read the EP Times or get newstories on the web..to find info on my hometown of EP..I just need to call my mother...and I can NOT believe that this is even being considered...the homes in Magoffin are all old..I know but some are original...what are they going to do with the famous Magoffin House...throw it down too..and what is this 101 route!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:38 AM

729 posts, read 2,068,148 times
Just build it!! ELP is the last big city in Texas to have this kind of living in downtown areas. This is the kind development ELP's downtown needs. Put up some more lighting, hire more police, clean it up. Here in Austin the police patrols on foot, bycicle, and on horsback.

Go Karam brothers!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
Well..my mother got to me before I read it here..like I said before..>I do not need to read the EP Times or get newstories on the web..to find info on my hometown of EP..I just need to call my mother...and I can NOT believe that this is even being considered...the homes in Magoffin are all old..I know but some are original...what are they going to do with the famous Magoffin House...throw it down too..and what is this 101 route!
The 101 Route is the first phase of the proposed Bus Rapid Transit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: