Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Reagan! I did not realize his adoration of the Heritage Foundation.
I find your comment very interesting to put it mildly: so many libs seem to say Reagan was not even a conservative and now you connect him with the Heritage Foundation. By the way, you are right, but I still find it interesting.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 PM

236 posts, read 552,760 times
No regrets. As we live and learn. It only teaches us to dig deeper and pay attention to political and world issues. Sometimes an apple looks very pretty on the outside. But cut it open and you will see how rotten it is. America is a great nation built on moral, ethical, and family values. Yet, so many step over the Constitution and other laws created to protect the American people.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 PM

996 posts, read 1,897,789 times
I regret supporting any democrat I have ever supported, except Zell Miller.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,785 times
In 2003 I voted for Ruben Studdard when Clay Aiken was obviously the better candidate. I'll never be able to take that vote back! <sob>

Old 07-23-2010, 03:57 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
How about those of us who have supported Dick Lugar in the past? The guy is a complete joke and a RINO! The sad thing is, I may end up having to swallow my pride again and support Dan Coats, who is a RINO on Steroids. Had Ellsworth not supported Obamacare, I'd actually consider him instead. I think Ellsworth (D) is actually better on the 2nd Amendment than Coats; that's how big a joke Dan Coats is.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:11 PM

996 posts, read 1,897,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I think she became Bush 43's EPA Secretary in 2001, he essentially threw her a life line to get her the hell out of New Jersey. Basically, she cost the Republican party of New Jersey any credibility for about 10 years. NJ went deep, deep blue in the 2000s in all levels of government, the senate, the statehouse, the judges, the Republicans lost an entire generation of power.
Yea, she was head of EPA, then resigned for some weird reason. Christie is better!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times
Oddly, I voted for Obama in 2008. It was the first time I voted democrat my entire life. Do I regret it? Considering the competition, that's a hard question to answer. I primarily voted against McCain after he picked Palin as his running mate. I'm sorry, but that woman's utter pride in her own ignorance is dangerous to this country in whatever leadership role she could wind up in. Am I happy with how Obama is running this country? Absolutely not! To me, he's made two fatal mistakes:

-when it came to the economic bail-out, instead of giving billions to fat, greedy banks and corporations, they should have simply given a mere fraction of those funds to small or medium-sized businesses, where the majority of job creation is always driven. If so, I am positive we would not have the dismal job numbers we are seeing today.

-Healthcare reform. Nothing at all was designed to rein in healthcare costs. Where did they address the 300% mark up on a needle? Where did they address a "guest" doctor who checks in on you in a hospital room for 30 seconds and charges you $1500? It costs billions of dollars for a pharma company to develop a new drug. When it's approved and hits the streets, the drug companies have to recoup as much of their investment as they can, and in most cases the insurance companies have to pick up the tab. How did the Healthcare bill address this problem? Government subsidies are a fact of life, they could have increased the government subsidies to to lower the cost of developing new meds, and it still would not have come close to the cost of the Healthcare bill.

Now, all this being said, would McCain/Palin have faired any better? I don't think so. Government spending might be less (then again, maybe not. Look at Bush) Remember, McCain's first chief economic adviser was Phil Graham, who on the eve of the economic collapse said "there is no recession, it's just a bunch of whiners. It's only a recession of the mind."

That position is indefensible now, more so then it was then.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Bravo for you! I doubt that many will own up to regretting a Bush/Cheney vote as you've done but millions should!
Possibly because they don't regret doing so. I know I don't. The thought of Al Gore being President on 9/11 ......

Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
I voted Nader. He was the vote of real change, no regrets, well other than he didn't win and we have the Same'o again.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
I regret voting for George W. Bush / Dick Cheney in 2000. I did so for my own economic self interest.

Anyone else have any regrets? Doesn't matter if it's local or national.
I regret voting for:
Al Gore
John Kerry

The only reason I voted for them was because they were the democrats on the ticket.
This last election I voted for McCain and wish he had won, I will always be proud of the fact I did not buckle and do what I was told and be a good little zombie democrat
I will vote independent from now on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections