Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:18 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Do you think the bird would mind, considering it's probably dead?

The response to the spill has been abysmal.
The point is it has no reason being in the ad. She is just trying to pull at peoples heart strings which is dishonest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 07:20 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,402,302 times
Does anyone think there's a likelihood of a Palin-Angle Tea Party ticket in 2012?

Old 06-26-2010, 07:20 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandore_miracle View Post
does anyone think there's a likelihood of a palin-angle tea party ticket in 2012?
lol

Old 06-26-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Have you ever watched Fox?
Actually, no.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
These expensive ad campaigns and commercials arent designed the way they are accidentally. Political analysts take minute note of the "minds" of likely voters for candidate A, candidate B... they know who they're talking to, and they get a response.

It may seem incomprehensible but this was chosen as the best way to connect with the broadest base of likely Angle voters.
You know I think you are right,Sanrene jumped right in here and loved the ad.Just by her, one post she proved both our points,is she something or what

Old 06-26-2010, 08:39 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Lots o' slander. Lots o' fluff. Not much substance.
Agreed. but then this may be her attack ad, sure hope this is what the bulk of her campaign ads will look like.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:47 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
These expensive ad campaigns and commercials aren't designed the way they are accidentally. Political analysts take minute note of the "minds" of likely voters for candidate A, candidate B... they know who they're talking to, and they get a response.

It may seem incomprehensible but this was chosen as the best way to connect with the broadest base of likely Angle voters.
And I still shake my head that people fall for this junk. Regardless of anyone's political spectrum, I find it difficult to believe that people believe these overly ominous ads. I suppose that's the point. The marketers know precisely what their base fears and pounce upon it. And if you take notice, it's all fear driven.

As for the 'race card'....it's just something I've noticed for years in campaign ads. Again, it goes back to the constituents they're trying to reach and the fears that drive those constituents. i.e., "Take America Back".

What I know is my America is diverse. Always has been.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
And I still shake my head that people fall for this junk. Regardless of anyone's political spectrum, I find it difficult to believe that people believe these overly ominous ads. I suppose that's the point. The marketers know precisely what their base fears and pounce upon it. And if you take notice, it's all fear driven.

As for the 'race card'....it's just something I've noticed for years in campaign ads. Again, it goes back to the constituents they're trying to reach and the fears that drive those constituents. i.e., "Take America Back".

What I know is my America is diverse. Always has been.
In the ad, she throws out a lot of things (Iran, the oil spill), but it's not clear that she'd be in a position to do anything about those issues if elected, either.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:07 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
Does anyone think there's a likelihood of a Palin-Angle Tea Party ticket in 2012?
Keep your fingers crossed!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Keep your fingers crossed!
Shoot, I already repped you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections