Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Nearly everything Barack has done is bad for this country. It's as if he and his administration really do want to destroy the United States.

Excessive spending, rising tax rates, ramming legislation down the people's throats, not living up to their obligation to secure the border, allowing Black Panther voter intimidation, apologizing to Muslims and now making a recess appointment of Donald Berwick to head up Medicare and Medicaid.
Oh no! Not a recess appointment of Donald Berwick!!!

Regarding the recess appointment of Donald Berwick, I realize Glennie was misleading you all about recess appointments the other evening. He really seems to believe that his fans not only dont know, they don't care what recess appointments are, and they would never look up on their own the real-life reasons why this appointment, and the other two, were made this way. Way to know your market Glennie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
I don't mean that Barack is America's enemy in the sense that people don't like him.

Barack is our enemy by the facts of his policies and actions/inactions. He is damaging the United States and we should consider impeachment before it's too late.

The "negative attitude" Obama has towards the US is not a creation of the RW. He is ruining this country.
and again that is opinion.

many people said the same about clinton with his policies, bush was considered a terrorist at the end of his presidency, and on and on. this is what always happens in politics.

losing party whine and moan and complain, and make opinion to be fact.

its stupid and accomplishes nothing in the end. in the end it just shows how dumbed down and simplified the average american has become. pick a team(republican or democract), whine about your opponent. when your team is elected, defend, whent hey are voted out go back to whining.

te only thing is, both of the teams got the same goals, play together. they just duped us into choosing sides while they laugh at our stupidity.

and it works.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:34 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
and again that is opinion.

many people said the same about clinton with his policies, bush was considered a terrorist at the end of his presidency, and on and on. this is what always happens in politics.

losing party whine and moan and complain, and make opinion to be fact.

its stupid and accomplishes nothing in the end. in the end it just shows how dumbed down and simplified the average american has become. pick a team(republican or democract), whine about your opponent. when your team is elected, defend, whent hey are voted out go back to whining.

te only thing is, both of the teams got the same goals, play together. they just duped us into choosing sides while they laugh at our stupidity.

and it works.
You can say that opinions are just opinions. But, there are things that Barack shouldn't be doing. And these things are harmful to America and it's citizens.

So you can say that's just MY opinion, but facts are facts, and harm is harm.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:41 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
He is ruining this country.
Meaningless words considering that the same was said about George W. Bush.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Meaningless words considering that the same was said about George W. Bush.

So, you don't think that policies and new legislation effect this country one way or another? And that harm can't come from a particular administration?

You can't possibly think that all actions taken by government are positive. Especially, actions taken by Obama.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Recess appointment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Presidents since George Washington have made recess appointments.

It's not as rare as Glenn thinks it is.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:13 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
It has become a sad day since all repubs can do is whine and whine. Instead of constantly complaining and whining, do something about it.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It has become a sad day since all repubs can do is whine and whine. Instead of constantly complaining and whining, do something about it.
We will, in November, there isn't much that can be done til then.

You know, like a few on this board, I have been voting since before many of you were born and I do not remember ever a President who has stirred up so much controvery. Believe me, I hate having the feelings about him I have. Yes, I am a Republican and yes, because of that my views and opinions are slanted to the right. I would never claim they weren't, but I have never felt so strongly about any President as I feel about this one. except for a couple of minor things, I am not sure he has done one thing that has helped our country.

Nita

Old 07-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Except for a couple of minor things, I am not sure he has done one thing that has helped our country.
And as time goes by, Barack will wrecklessly damage the U.S. even more.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Nearly everything Barack has done is bad for this country. It's as if he and his administration really do want to destroy the United States.

Excessive spending, rising tax rates, ramming legislation down the people's throats, not living up to their obligation to secure the border, allowing Black Panther voter intimidation, apologizing to Muslims and now making a recess appointment of Donald Berwick to head up Medicare and Medicaid.

What next?

In this country today, the problem IS Obama.

I can't see how Democrats can think that Obama's policies are good for us.

If what we are seeing in America is what Progressives envision as progress, then we're all in big trouble. To adhere to this kind of fundamental change is just stupid.

Throw the bums out in November. And vote out Barack in 2012. He is a bad President. We need a President who is on the side of Americans.
I think the evidence is irrefutable. The measures taken have been much too effective to be assigned to mere incompetence and bad choices. This is a carefully planned and executed destruction we are witnessing. It is not too late to reverse the course and restore the Republic and its Constitution. Soap box and ballot box until then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections