Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:14 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

I thought Mayor Bloomberg was the King of the Opportunists when he switched from Democrat to Republican to Independent. If Bloomberg is King then Arlen Spector is the Prince. Now we have a new set of sore losers in Murkowski, Crist and maybe Castle. It just goes to show you, these people have no principles or values. All they care about is themselves. That they can just shrug off what they pretended to stand for in order to keep their "power" shows the voters are right to discard them. I think there are enough of them now that they can start an Opportunist Party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 09:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
You can call her a sore loser, but she still has a right to run for the office.

Murkowski announces write-in campaign to keep her Senate seat - CNN.com

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 09-17-2010 at 10:37 PM..

Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
What about Joe Lieberman? Was he a sore loser too?

Or, Ralph Hall who switched parties when re-districting landed a bunch of Republican's in the 4th district of Texas?

Old 09-18-2010, 08:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Maybe the Left and Dems will understand NOW why we conservatives don't care for squishy RINOs?

Instead of bowing out gracefully, instead of getting behind the winners for the good of the party, instead of saying 40 friggin years in congress is enough, they put their own ego and hunger for personal power ahead of all that.

The conservative values they CLAIMED to hold, the loyalty of the party they CLAIMED to support, goes right out the window when it comes to their own desperate grab to retain the seat they lost.

I mean, talk about sour grapes and sore losers. They lost fair and square - it was their votes that did them in.

Now can you lefties understand WHY these RINOS have to go?

Don't forget specter too, switching parties in the hopes of saving his nasty butt.

She is likely to be further embarrassed;

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpo...historical.php

She has resigned from her leadership positions in the senate, she will get NO help from the GOP.

Last edited by sanrene; 09-18-2010 at 08:51 AM..

Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Castle deserved his loss.

RealClearPolitics - Politics - Sep 17, 2010 - White House: Obama calls Rep. Castle after loss

Old 09-18-2010, 08:51 AM

782 posts, read 3,789,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now can you lefties understand WHY these RINOS have to go?

/
I want those establish Republican to run. There's a better chance the Dems can gain seats that they never had a real chance of winning. States like Alaska and Florida. Now we have a chance to keep Delaware, Nevada and take Kentucky. Tea party is maybe the best thing for the Dems in an anti-establishment year.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:48 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

Or, Ralph Hall who switched parties when re-districting landed a bunch of Republican's in the 4th district of Texas?
Yes to question number one although his party deserted him. Remember, he was their VP nominee.

I don't know the name Ralph Hall but if he either lost his primary and then switched parties or he thought he was going to lose so he switched parties in anticipation of his primary loss or he lost a primary but it was too late to switch parties so he asked people to write in his name just to be spiteful, then he never had any principles and values to begin with. These spoiled overgrown brats are saying, just give me the job and I'll be anything you want me to be and if I take down the nominee by siphoning off the votes of the person the people nominated, big deal, it's all about me, not them. Like it or lump it.

If people want Charlie Rangel, or Maxine Waters, or Alvin Greene despite their problems, it's their right to nominate them. Ditto all of the Republicans that Republican Party voters but not the Republican machine, want.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I thought Mayor Bloomberg was the King of the Opportunists when he switched from Democrat to Republican to Independent. If Bloomberg is King then Arlen Spector is the Prince. Now we have a new set of sore losers in Murkowski, Crist and maybe Castle. It just goes to show you, these people have no principles or values. All they care about is themselves. That they can just shrug off what they pretended to stand for in order to keep their "power" shows the voters are right to discard them. I think there are enough of them now that they can start an Opportunist Party
love it: you know, I just don't understand. It never used to be "I don't like you anymore, I am going to find some new friends" If the people have said, we don't want you this time, get over it. Try to re-group, give it a rest and see what you can do to help your party. There are other years.

Nita

Old 09-18-2010, 09:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

yep, they all are. They have a right to do what they choose, it is a free country but it would be better to let things quiet down. Then decide what is best for your country and how you can make a contribution, not go off in a corner, cry and decide to play your game in some other field.

Nita

Old 09-18-2010, 10:46 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
I want those establish Republican to run. There's a better chance the Dems can gain seats that they never had a real chance of winning. States like Alaska and Florida. Now we have a chance to keep Delaware, Nevada and take Kentucky. Tea party is maybe the best thing for the Dems in an anti-establishment year.
What one has to consdier really is will they draw votes that democrats would get and really hurt them in a low turnout year that is predcited for democrats.That is ceertainly what both are countig on ;alot fo democratic votes.Nevada is in quetion which is unusal;kentucky not so much and Delaware has always been a deep blue sates and only the wek candidate and democrtic wealkness is hurting them there really.What is worried about is what happened i Kennedy;s seat 'large drop i democratic voting and many voting different for the first tiem as a protest vote for change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections