Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

C-SPAN Live Stream - C-SPAN (http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx - broken link)

She's killing Dirty Harry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 10:17 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
C-SPAN Live Stream - C-SPAN (http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx - broken link)

She's killing Dirty Harry.
I'm surprised that Clint Eastwood hasn't killed him

Old 10-15-2010, 06:00 AM

Harry was horrible.

She's not a very good debater either, but she got her points across, she smacked him good a couple times, her closing statement was excellent, but she did miss a couple opportunities on some softballs he hung over the plate.

She clearly won last night.

Should see a little bump in the polls for her.

I've GOT to find a video snippet of Dirty Harry talking about colonoscopy procedure, how they go "up there" and snip it out.

Closing statement;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9L0J...layer_embedded

Harry told a multitude of lies, including about his "war is lost" comment. GWB and Patraeus are his pals.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
What on earth are you talking about? Angle looked like a blithering fool most of the night. No politician I've seen yet seems able to cultivate that same wild and ignorant look in her eyes that Sharron Angle has mastered. Her answers had some of the least substance I've ever heard from ANY politician in any debate. Harry Reid came across as authoritative and knowledgable. He repeatedly pointed out actual accomplishments during his time in the senate including bringing that Yucca Mountain nonsense to an end.

Angle was constantly forced to defend the indefensible. The positions she has taken on abolishing the DOE (even her good buddy President Reagan decided it was necessary), her stance on privatizing (or abolishing) social security, and her statement that it wasn't her responsibility to bring jobs to Nevada. She was a mediocre state legislator and this was pointed out as well.

This awful woman is a bad joke that has been played out daily on the people of Nevada for weeks. Every time I see that sickening smile of hers on t.v. I just want to cringe. The Nevada Republican Party had months to come up with a real candidate to run against Harry Reid and this sad, stupid lady is the best that they can do? Makes me absolutely ill.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
What on earth are you talking about? Angle looked like a blithering fool most of the night. No politician I've seen yet seems able to cultivate that same wild and ignorant look in her eyes that Sharron Angle has mastered. Her answers had some of the least substance I've ever heard from ANY politician in any debate. Harry Reid came across as authoritative and knowledgable. He repeatedly pointed out actual accomplishments during his time in the senate including bringing that Yucca Mountain nonsense to an end.

Angle was constantly forced to defend the indefensible. The positions she has taken on abolishing the DOE (even her good buddy President Reagan decided it was necessary), her stance on privatizing (or abolishing) social security, and her statement that it wasn't her responsibility to bring jobs to Nevada. She was a mediocre state legislator and this was pointed out as well.

This awful woman is a bad joke that has been played out daily on the people of Nevada for weeks. Every time I see that sickening smile of hers on t.v. I just want to cringe. The Nevada Republican Party had months to come up with a real candidate to run against Harry Reid and this sad, stupid lady is the best that they can do? Makes me absolutely ill.
On the contrary, she WON that debate. As I said, she is not the best debater, but she got her points and attacks across and face it - reid was horrible.

Reid lost the debate to Angle - Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 | 2:01 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun
Angle mops the floor with Reid - The Complete Las Vegan - ReviewJournal.com

Even the kooks at DKos agree;

Daily Kos :: Diaries

Old 10-15-2010, 07:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:

Do I sense you might be a die in the wool Democrat that would have the same feeling about any candidate that didnt have a D by their name?

Nita

Old 10-15-2010, 08:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Harry Reid, man up!

LOL!!!!

They need to run that line over and over, until the election.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
her statement that it wasn't her responsibility to bring jobs to Nevada.

It would be her job to make it business friendly to bring jobs to Nevada. Not regulate them, so they leave and go where it is more profitable.
Government cannot create private sector jobs. They don't put an ad in the help wanted section.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:36 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,973 times
Thumbs down Checkmate by Sharon Angle! How did you get so Rich Harry?

Nevada Voters witnessed the Sleaze Bag Harry Reid getting called out on how he made his $$$$$Millions while only being a Public Servant.

While we struggle with the day to day bills, worry about taxes, mortgage payments and follow the rules Dingy Sleazy Harry Reid was able to mass $$$$Millions on the back of the American People! He is a Disgusting Corrupt Politician and I hope he is Defeated and Thrown in Jail. Because that is where he belongs.

Sharon Angle represents hope and credibility for Nevada! She wants to get these Sleaze Bag Politicians off our backs!

VOTE FOR HONER & HONESTY.........VOTE SHARON ANGLE

Old 10-15-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
and her statement that it wasn't her responsibility to bring jobs to Nevada.
Not "bring" jobs, but "create" them. Don't twist the words.

She has it exactly RIGHT. Her job to initiate the policies that will allow business to create jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections