Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
YOUR AN IDEALOLOIC, HAVEN'T EVEN READ THIS THREAD THRU....I'M A CONSERVATIVE...I'M A DISENGAGED REPUBLICAN...YOU "HOPE FOR A CHANGE RIGHT WING ELEPHANT....PLAYING A HARP"....hopelessly wanting change....
Conservative? And you're sitting out this election?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
So get out there and vote third party! DO SOMETHING instead of simply complaining!
Damn right! Quit sniveling and making excuses people. Get out and vote, all of you, both parties.

And here's hoping the left is crushed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,224,171 times
Quote:
Effects of Sexual Abuse on Society
Decline of U.S. Educational Systems
History of Politics vs. Modern Day Politics (Changes?)
Decline of the American Judicial System
And I would be interested in seeing that.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,224,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
what we need is a revolution. French - style
You want a Commitee of Public Safety?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:42 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:
yanno, I used to feel that way, when I was young, vigulant and for the betterment of this country, hungry for great changes....hungry for research, for technology....

no more....

but I will think about it....
You're not disillusioned, disgruntled, disappointed, etc - you're just OLD. The times they are a changin' - and they will continue to do so until you die. Nothing is the way it used to be - and never will be again.

You used to be young, you aren't any more. If that is enough reason for you to throw in the towel on your country, sobeit. I won't try to change your mind...

Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 AM

563 posts, read 929,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
You want a Commitee of Public Safety?
No, not at all. I want our people to be strong enough to stand together and demand our elected officials make the necessary changes for our country to survive. Both major parties must begin to make the growth and long-term survivability of our nation to be their first priority.

If elections keep putting the same old officials into office, and the nation keeps falling apart, then something has to be done. Or the interesting times we live in will become VERY interesting!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You're not disillusioned, disgruntled, disappointed, etc - you're just OLD. The times they are a changin' - and they will continue to do so until you die. Nothing is the way it used to be - and never will be again.

You used to be young, you aren't any more. If that is enough reason for you to throw in the towel on your country, sobeit. I won't try to change your mind...
calling me old? Well, you are a perfect example of why this country is the way it is.....I can and am perfectly able to conform to change....some change is good...however, please be advised, I'm not old, I'm a human being and so are senior citizens....

Old 11-02-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
And I would be interested in seeing that.
oh yeah, I'm going to take one of those studies and post all that information, on CD...right....

Old 11-02-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderingwanderer View Post
no, not at all. I want our people to be strong enough to stand together and demand our elected officials make the necessary changes for our country to survive. Both major parties must begin to make the growth and long-term survivability of our nation to be their first priority.

If elections keep putting the same old officials into office, and the nation keeps falling apart, then something has to be done. Or the interesting times we live in will become very interesting!

i'm voting for you!!!! :d

Old 11-02-2010, 08:54 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,722 times
Lightbulb Ray, Let Me Add A Little On Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post

At one time or another, I've butted heads with quite a few people here in Politics...and while it's true our political views and inclinations aren't the same, at the end of the day, we still all live in the same country, left or right-leaning notwithstanding...

And I was always taught that if you don't vote, then you give away your voice as to how things are done and run in America...I won't lie---I voted Demo today (2nd in line at my precinct today LOL), even though my 'side' is supposed to be getting its' collective rumps kicked...

But I can't worry about hopeless causes, or other stuff like that...too many other good people fought and died, and bled and sweated, and marched in the hot sun, to give me the right to cast my vote this morning, and win or lose, I can raise my hand and say that my 1 vote counts...

Which is why I have little to no sympathy for the OP...if something is wrong, then get off your tuckus and go to your local board of elections, and get it straightened out...when I do come here to 'butt heads' with my friends on the other side of the aisle, I do so knowing that I have a vote to back me up, and I'm not just sitting and complaining without taking action first to actually DO something about what's bugging me...

We live in a great country...and one of the things that keeps the country great is that we possess the right to vote and make changes in our elected officials and how our monies are eventually spent, if we don't like how things are done...every 2 yrs, every 4 yrs, without fail, the cycle continues...locally, state-wide, and nationally, and if you don't vote, then whatever complaints you have about the way things are done will ring hollow

Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
At one time or another, I've butted heads with quite a few people here in Politics...and while it's true our political views and inclinations aren't the same, at the end of the day, we still all live in the same country, left or right-leaning notwithstanding...

And I was always taught that if you don't vote, then you give away your voice as to how things are done and run in America...I won't lie---I voted Demo today (2nd in line at my precinct today LOL), even though my 'side' is supposed to be getting its' collective rumps kicked...

But I can't worry about hopeless causes, or other stuff like that...too many other good people fought and died, and bled and sweated, and marched in the hot sun, to give me the right to cast my vote this morning, and win or lose, I can raise my hand and say that my 1 vote counts...

Which is why I have little to no sympathy for the OP...if something is wrong, then get off your tuckus and go to your local board of elections, and get it straightened out...when I do come here to 'butt heads' with my friends on the other side of the aisle, I do so knowing that I have a vote to back me up, and I'm not just sitting and complaining without taking action first to actually DO something about what's bugging me...

We live in a great country...and one of the things that keeps the country great is that we possess the right to vote and make changes in our elected officials and how our monies are eventually spent, if we don't like how things are done...every 2 yrs, every 4 yrs, without fail, the cycle continues...locally, state-wide, and nationally, and if you don't vote, then whatever complaints you have about the way things are done will ring hollow

I respect you and your opinon and for taking the time to state your opinion here today...
I used to feel the same way as you do....believe me....all proud to be an American, etc...proud to vote, and used to believe this was a great country....

I've seen way to much perhaps....but this bouncing back and forth every four to eight years doesn't cut it and doesn't help our country....they are all so crooked, and as I stated, why would I vote for someone who bashes they're oponent to the point of slander and lies just to win? Why don't they stand up and own why they feel they are the better candidate...they are slipping and scraping the bottom....
things were always crooked, we always had the bad guys, but among them there were some good times..until they killed Kennedy the Kennedy's...

yes, sadly men have died for the right to vote, and truly I wonder how they would feel now, amongst this circus of fraud, disillusion and lies....

I'm not asking for your sympathy, but more so to wake up....you think b/c you voted today, you did your duty....? Vote doesn't matter anymore...and if I'd vote, I'd vote either straight republican, which I feel is the lesser of two evils...or for the independents....I don't know...?

I just don't know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections