Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for palin in 2012?
Yes 13 17.33%
No, tea parties are for little girls and their imaginary friends! 62 82.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times

Advertisements

I would not want her to run for President, but I DO see her as qualified to be Secretary of the Interior. She's got a glorious life in Alaska, though, with the hunting, fishing, snow mobiling. A lot of women I know (who are NOT soccer moms) really admire her for that, because we like to do those things, too (even the hunting - I have friends who left with their husbands for bear camp). If I were her, I wouldn't want to leave that Alaskan paradise, and from watching her special, I don't think she wants to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 07:33 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and your point is: if she had just won the Republican nomination this might mean something, but she hasn't, so why the obsession with her and her popularity or lack of same?

Nita
They're trying to take the heat off of Obama...

Old 11-15-2010, 08:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I've been saying for, at least a year, she knows exactly what's she is doing. She's playing to the small base of fringe tea party types that do like her, and has become a millionaire from it. Sarah has a charismatic appeal to a small base of people. Many of those same people would never vote for her in a Presidential run. I think Sarah knows this, and she's quite coy about running as President. She likes to keep the mystique up front and center, and she's very good at working people. Working a crowd is her strength.

I do believe she was treated like backwoods trash, and played up to be an idiot by McCain's campaign people/handlers. She turned it into something the 'lamestream' media did. In fact, I think it helped her more than it hurt her.

Sarah isn't as stupid as she's been made out to be; she's quite savvy at playing up her strengths---charisma for a certain crowd that just happens to be very vocal since 08'. Sarah knows how to work a crowd and is good at coming up with 'catch phrases' that stir an audience. A stupid person can't do that, but Sarah doesn't have the type of cognitive ability it takes to be the leader of a country. Hell, she couldn't even hang in there as governor of a state with less than a million population. Being good at chanting catch phrases in front of an angry crowd is not the same as having the substance, and approaching real problems with serious solutions. Sarah lacks substance.

People are stirred up right now since we damn near had a depression at the end of the dickc/bush administration. Once things settle down a bit Sarah P. will not be as popular, or as up front and center.

She's actually in a quagmire. If she runs for President she will lose. I think she knows this. Her weaknesses will be scrutinized beyond anything she's faced to date. I doubt she has the fortitude to withstand it. She does have the diva personality. Even the mainstream Republicans will be out to dethrone her. She will be attacked from both sides, and the republicans will use her like a decoy, and the public will turn on her. If she doesn't run, her popularity will fade as the whole tea party group settles down. And they will settle down.

Sarah is making her money while she can.
I pretty much agree with everything you are saying.

Nita

Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
I amazed at how stupid she actually is. You betcha!

The refudiation queen is a reflection part of our society. Scary someone would support a person that is so completely dumb.

I've never been a fan of a quitter.
Being a quitter and dumb are not one and the same. She is anything but dumb. You don't make the money she has made if you are dumb, nor can you stay in the spotlight this long.

I don't like her either particularly, but I think she is a hell of a lot smarter than some give her credit for being.

Nita

Old 11-15-2010, 08:44 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,241,105 times
Palin is stupid. No debate. You betcha.

She is also a liar.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
After seeing Sarah Palin's Alaska last night I think you have to be insane to want to leave that beautiful place for the ugliness that is Washington, DC. I especially can't imagine that manly man she's married to, being stuck in the White House and surrounded by all of those go-fers and nail buffed wusses in DC politics.

I seriously think she should have stayed the Governor of Alaska. She'd probably eventually have gotten the job Rick Perry's about to get as chairman of the Republican Governor's Association and could still be a leader in Republican politics.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Palin is stupid. No debate. You betcha.

She is also a liar.
let me get this straight? You say she is stupid so we are not to debate this, is that your idea of a free society? As for a liar, could you give us all a couple of examples with facts, not opinions.

Nita

Old 11-15-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
After seeing Sarah Palin's Alaska last night I think you have to be insane to want to leave that beautiful place for the ugliness that is Washington, DC. I especially can't imagine that manly man she's married to, being stuck in the White House and surrounded by all of those go-fers and nail buffed wusses in DC politics.

I seriously think she should have stayed the Governor of Alaska. She'd probably eventually have gotten the job Rick Perry's about to get as chairman of the Republican Governor's Association and could still be a leader in Republican politics.

I agree with all of what you are saying. I can't beleive she would actually give up her life and love for Alaska, for even 4 years.

Nita

Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
let me get this straight? You say she is stupid so we are not to debate this, is that your idea of a free society? As for a liar, could you give us all a couple of examples with facts, not opinions.

Nita
Well the whole pull the plug on granny for starters.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
I agree with all of what you are saying. I can't beleive she would actually give up her life and love for Alaska, for even 4 years.

Nita
Not worry, American also "can't beleive" that Palin would give up Alaska for DC and will make sure of it by rejecting her soundly. Too bad a person like Palin represents the Republican party and only demonstrates how utterly bankrupt the GOP is; Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections