Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for palin in 2012?
Yes 13 17.33%
No, tea parties are for little girls and their imaginary friends! 62 82.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
You mean how the crazed obama spend most of his senate term running for president?? You know what? If she runs and I don't think she will, she'd kick his ass back to Hawaii.
I don't think that either one of them, Palin, or Obama, can do this nation any good ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 06:19 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,959 times
If Palin does run, how is she gonna handle the non-stop 24/7 press coverage?
She's cried and whined since 2008, about how "unfair" the "liberal" media has been to her?
Her VP campaign in 2008, will seem like a walk in the park. compared to how the press will hound her in a 2012 presidential run.
What she gonna do, hide from the press, and only give "selective" interviews with FOX news?

Good luck with that.............................................. ...................

Steve

Old 11-17-2010, 06:25 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Today in the L.A. Times,in an article entitled "Palin says she would make the sacrificies necessary to run for president":

But while acknowledging she was enjoying private life, the former governor hastened to clarify that she would be happy to step back into public life.
"You know, the country is worth it, though, to make those sacrifices, when we talk about making money today, having a lot of fun today, having all this freedom," she said. "If the country needed me — and I'm not saying that the country does and that the country would ever necessarily want to choose me over anyone else, but I would be willing to make the sacrifices if need be for America."

From the moment this crazed menace WALKED AWAY from her elected duties in Alaska, is there anyone alive who didn't KNOW she intended to run for president in 2012?

This is WONDERFUL news if true.....Just Imagine the claws, the shotguns and venom that will be thrown her way by ...wait for it....The Republicans. ...Do you honestly believe Romney, Newt and anyone else who may be looking at the Repbublican Primaries, will allow this woman to get ahead of them. ...Hell I'll work on her campaign, where do I sign up?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Palin running for President is Xmas come early for the Democrats.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
notes on her hands: do you have any clue how many politicians use similar tactics? Of course you don't.

Nita
Who? You do remember what she had written on her hand, don't you? If they were her beliefs then they should be in her brain and not on her hand.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
If Palin does run, how is she gonna handle the non-stop 24/7 press coverage?
She's cried and whined since 2008, about how "unfair" the "liberal" media has been to her?
Her VP campaign in 2008, will seem like a walk in the park. compared to how the press will hound her in a 2012 presidential run.
What she gonna do, hide from the press, and only give "selective" interviews with FOX news?

Good luck with that.............................................. ...................

Steve
She won't be able to do it but it will sure be fun to watch.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Palin running for President is Xmas come early for the Democrats.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 PM

764 posts, read 1,557,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Someone from Illinois is pointing the finger at California! Priceless! I'm glad you look forward to another state "crashing and burning"; what a wonderful American citizen you are!
I look forward to my own state crashing and burning also. If we cant get off social entitlements then it will happen eventually. (look at Europe) Or we can just keep skipping along blindly and hope it wont happen here. And for the record i am from southern Illinois. Liberals live up in chicago, the rest of us are conservative. If only we could push that city into Lake Michigan.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:24 PM

764 posts, read 1,557,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
For real spellcheck? I grew up in Illinois (the part that makes money not troy) and am happy not to be there anymore. That place has been f'd for years and there is no turning back.
It sure is, liberals sure know how to drive the economy into the ground, dont they? How does a place make money? I thought it was the people. And i do make money, thank you very much.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:24 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
Common sense is a very valuable attribute to help with coping with every day life. However anyone that believes that common sense without intellectual curiosity, a solid well-rounded education with knowledge of geopolitics, history, economics etc is sufficient to be a competent and effective president shows tremendous naivete. A person that cannot even finish serving one full term as governor of a state with a population smaller than metro Omaha, NE shows she is thin-skinned. You need structure and commitment and forebearance to be president- a Quitter doesn't make it. Nor does a woman who backed a man in her home state that could not even prevail over a write-in candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections