Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for palin in 2012?
Yes 13 17.33%
No, tea parties are for little girls and their imaginary friends! 62 82.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 05:46 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Notice how the only city in Texas Obama will go to is Austin & the only time he was there was during his campaign.

He's scared ****less of the rest of the state.
Should he waste valuable time in a State where he will ultimately lose? btw, both Dem candidates Hillary clinton and Barack Obama came to San Antonio during the Texas primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 08:05 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,728,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Should he waste valuable time in a State where he will ultimately lose? btw, both Dem candidates Hillary clinton and Barack Obama came to San Antonio during the Texas primary.
If Palin is the Republican nominee, Texas will be in play. Texans seem not to respond to her.

If Huckabee is the Republican nominee, there is a very outside chance for Obama winning.

If Romney is the Republican nominee, Obama should not waste his time and money.

Remember Texas went for McCain in the GOP Primary by 51% to Huckabee's 38%. They were the only 2 candidates really in it by that point. Ron Paul got 5%.

Palin seems to be the early 2012 Republican frontrunner. The Deep South will go for her (except Florida), maybe the Great Plains states, and maybe her home state of Alaska, but not much else, no matter who her VP nominee is. That will assure another term for Obama.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:09 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Today in the L.A. Times,in an article entitled "Palin says she would make the sacrificies necessary to run for president":

But while acknowledging she was enjoying private life, the former governor hastened to clarify that she would be happy to step back into public life.
"You know, the country is worth it, though, to make those sacrifices, when we talk about making money today, having a lot of fun today, having all this freedom," she said. "If the country needed me — and I'm not saying that the country does and that the country would ever necessarily want to choose me over anyone else, but I would be willing to make the sacrifices if need be for America."

From the moment this crazed menace WALKED AWAY from her elected duties in Alaska, is there anyone alive who didn't KNOW she intended to run for president in 2012?
Step BACK into public life? When the hell did she ever LEAVE?

Did the city of Wasilla need a mayor who burdened 5,469 people with $22,970,497 of debt? What sacrifices were made in that modest job (besides throwing her constituents under a bus and claim herself hero)?
City of Wasilla : Home... download the PDF's, read it and weep.

Was she having a lot of fun when oil execs were holding their noses over her proposals to tax product to the point where 75% of their profits would go to Alaska and the 25% that hit the floor was all theirs? Her greed and ambition got the best of her and it drove their investments out of Alaska and right into the Gulf of Mexico. Then comes the hack bony finger of denial deflection telling Alaskans they're victims of the Federal government for what she personally mismanaged. All the while the whole planet neck deep in an energy crisis, she decides it's the ideal time to shake the oil companies AND the lower 48 down for more. A real team player you betcha! The moment her job might get tough balancing her own budget she quits. What a treacherous Jezebel conservatives have chosen to represent them. Has nothing to do with sex, and everything to do with being seduced into selling their souls for a devils bargain. Republicans don't lead, they get dragged around by tabloid mentalities debasing reason.

If this is the best Republicans have to offer in service to OUR constitution, it's high time another party took it's chair because it's clearly too in love with it's own corruption when they're applauding theft, baldfaced lies, and treachery serving power for power sake. I've never so horribly doubted republicans before Bush, but Palin is proof positive there are other levels of rock bottom to aspire. 2016 R candidate; Beavis and Butthead. Cartoons are legal entities too, right?

Old 11-28-2010, 08:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
coming during the primary is a totally different situation.

Nita

Old 11-28-2010, 08:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
If Palin is the Republican nominee, Texas will be in play. Texans seem not to respond to her.

If Huckabee is the Republican nominee, there is a very outside chance for Obama winning.

Remember Texas went for McCain in the GOP Primary by 51% to Huckabee's 38%. They were the only 2 candidates really in it by that point. Ron Paul got 5%.

Palin seems to be the early 2012 Republican frontrunner. The Deep South will go for her (except Florida), maybe the Great Plains states, and maybe her home state of Alaska, but not much else, no matter who her VP nominee is. That will assure another term for Obama.
Why do you say Palin is the frontrunner? I would totally disagree with you. Remember we are talking about her because she has name recognition and we have about 12 candidates that could or will get into the race. I would be very surprised if she gets the nomination. In fact I will be surprised if she actually runs. She is playing like a candidate to draw attention and keep herself in the limelight. If she were the nominee, I think she would carry Texas. You may not want this to happen, but I think she is more popular there than you think. Have you seen the polls in Texas lately? Is that where you are getting the idea she is not well received?

Nita

Old 11-28-2010, 09:13 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,959 times
Palin makes all the noise about running.
But will she really?
With Palin, it's all about.....$$$$$.
IF.....she can make MORE $$$$$ running, than sitting it out, she'll run.

Steve

Old 11-28-2010, 09:47 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times
As much as I would like to vote for anything other than Democrat.
This lady would never get my vote. My Reasons:

-Her Voice....Oh God Its annoying, and she tries to get one liners
-She Quit Alaska and that state needs help...ALOT OF IT.
-She Quit Alaska to join FoxNews and get to get her TV show.
-I don't believe she knows what family values are.

Nope. Never. Ever

Old 11-28-2010, 10:58 AM

1,728 posts, read 4,728,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why do you say Palin is the frontrunner? I would totally disagree with you. Remember we are talking about her because she has name recognition and we have about 12 candidates that could or will get into the race. I would be very surprised if she gets the nomination. In fact I will be surprised if she actually runs. She is playing like a candidate to draw attention and keep herself in the limelight. If she were the nominee, I think she would carry Texas. You may not want this to happen, but I think she is more popular there than you think. Have you seen the polls in Texas lately? Is that where you are getting the idea she is not well received?

Nita
Her leading in Texas as you point out, whose voters tend to be more moderate Republicans and Democrats, shows that she is the early frontrunner.

Remember generally the hard core party line supporters are usually the only ones to vote in the primary. They do not represent what 75% of the electorate may or may not do. Palin could win the GOP nomination and win Texas in the primary, but maybe not in the general election.

I hope that she does not win Texas in either the primary nor the general election. But she might.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:17 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post

Based on the recent Joe Miller fiasco, I wouldn't necessary count on her home state of Alaska!

Old 11-28-2010, 01:19 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times
Exclamation Ha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Would it kill us to nominate someone who actually has real life experience as president. Obama was a "community organizer" and a sometime senator. Palin was a small town mayor and governor for what? A year and a half? She was campaigning as VP and not governing for a good chunk of that.

Would it kills us to elect someone who has either held political office responsibly, who has a record, or someone from the private sector who has run a business or anything?

I look at some politicians and ask why. Obama? Palin? O'Donnel? Has O'Donnel ever even had a job? Does she even have a college degree? Who are these people? Sheesh.
I have 'Real Life' experience...VOTE FOR ME! I can relate to 'the working Joe'...VOTE FOR ME! I can stretch a dollar...VOTE FOR ME! I know what gas costs per gallon and what it's like to have to afford it out of my own pocket...VOTE FOR ME! I would vote for the first person working 40+ hours a week w/a foreclosed mortgage and no healthcare that runs. It's what we need. Can't help but notice how quiet Oprah's been lately. Guess she decided she made a bad choice. I know I did. This country is in total absolute ruin. The unemployed better resign to being unemployed for quite some time and figure out how to deal w/it because it's not going to get any better. And Palin and her 'Mr. President' wannabe spouse...that otta bring him out of the closet if nothing else does. And Bristol can dance all over the freakin' Rose Garden...what a mess. And all the American Public does is clap their hands and vote the morons into office. What to do...what to do... We need a true American Citizen, someone that actually works for a living...nothing more, nothing less!
Koale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections