Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,723,469 times

Advertisements

As we wait to see what the final results of these midterm elections will be I think its all but confirmed the Republicans will take at least one house..

My recomendation to the party in charge is "dont screw it up"!

Democrats/republicans... No matter what side of the fence we are on we have been beholden to a two party system that has completly forgot about who they are supposed to be working for!! progressive liberals who have ruined the democratic party have made this happen.. thank you for waking up the silent majority!!

Previously we have found ourselves stuck in deciding between two often "bad" choices to represent US! My hope is that these elections will be different! A message will be sent that we are fed up with politics as usual..

Smear campaigns have failed, Career politicans stand to be thrown out on their asses, and a new vibe is being felt throughout this whole election..

This is for TRUE "AMERICAN" patriots who on Both sides...Democrats/Republicans love this country!!

This is not for Progressive liberals who.... lets face it... really hate everything this country was founded on and are burning inside because of the likes of the tea party, and people like Rand Paul, who for progressive liberals they cant make the connection that someone can be against civil rights but NOT a bigot or vice versa that someone can be for civil rights and STILL be a bigot!!

May this country get back on tract again with the politicians beholden to the people of this great nation!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM

948 posts, read 1,387,081 times
If we get more of our statesmen and women to start voting for this country and not for there party we will move ahead.
Some people say that this election is about the economy. I suggest that it is about telling our officials that they work for us not control us. This of course is not only their fault. A large part it is ours because we don't hold them to the test except at election time. To many a day goes by that we don't do anything but complain about how bad of a predicament we are in during happy hour at the local pub.
When we don't stand up for ourselves and speak for ourselves. The people that represent us will be able to only guess what the majority wants or move on there own agendas. Neither is acceptable in a society that hold the theory that the government is by the people and for the people.
Tomorrow we will be at the voting booth and tomorrow it will be to late to tell the candidate what we expect from their job performance. From tomorrow until November 2012 we need to hold the candle under there feet and tell them what we expect.
You do this by the pen and joining like minded groups that will compound your voice with many making it louder. Not always what one wants will be what the other guy wants, and my idea may be different then your idea. That's why the founders designed or system to hold and respect debate, and compromise. Don't make your personal decisions on what Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermann or Alan Colmes says. Take your own idea, formulate a plan and what goals you want to achieve. Then talk about it on the radio, message boards, blogs, letters to elected officials. Go to political rallies, get involved and be an American not just someone that complains from the cheap seats.
We call the founders the fathers of this country. That is not entirely right. That are the grand fathers and they have passed the duty on to their children and that is us. We now today are the fathers of this country and we have a duty to our child to stand up for it and protect it.
If your Democrat or republican you have a right to be heard and I may despise your ideas and I will voice that opposition. I expect no less for you. As a result of disagreement we come to a happy medium that while it may not make everyone happy, and it may not be perfect in our eyes it is the best thing for this country and we must be the voice of our child.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:19 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,373,443 times
I hope the leftovers still in office and the lobbiests don't CO-OPT the new crop of the elected.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
As we wait to see what the final results of these midterm elections will be I think its all but confirmed the Republicans will take at least one house..

My recomendation to the party in charge is "dont screw it up"!

Democrats/republicans... No matter what side of the fence we are on we have been beholden to a two party system that has completly forgot about who they are supposed to be working for!! progressive liberals who have ruined the democratic party have made this happen.. thank you for waking up the silent majority!!

Previously we have found ourselves stuck in deciding between two often "bad" choices to represent US! My hope is that these elections will be different! A message will be sent that we are fed up with politics as usual..

Smear campaigns have failed, Career politicans stand to be thrown out on their asses, and a new vibe is being felt throughout this whole election..

This is for TRUE "AMERICAN" patriots who on Both sides...Democrats/Republicans love this country!!

This is not for Progressive liberals who.... lets face it... really hate everything this country was founded on and are burning inside because of the likes of the tea party, and people like Rand Paul, who for progressive liberals they cant make the connection that someone can be against civil rights but NOT a bigot or vice versa that someone can be for civil rights and STILL be a bigot!!

May this country get back on tract again with the politicians beholden to the people of this great nation!!
if the republicans hold true to the true republican core beliefs of lower taxes and smaller government this term, then in 2012 republican power will be increased. if not, then the republican party will go the way of the whig party, and a new party will rise to prominence, and it will be a conservative party.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,559,782 times
Quote:
...progressive liberals who have ruined the democratic party have made this happen.. thank you for waking up the silent majority!!

About smear campaigns....? Just what do you mean by your remarks?

I am a progressive liberal. I believe in American values, [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-02-2010 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM

59,199 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
About smear campaigns....? Just what do you mean by your remarks?

I am a progressive liberal. I believe in American values, [MOD CUT]
Plese define for me your version of American values.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-02-2010 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,791,311 times
Progressive or regressive? Forward or backward? Or are issues more complicated than the "this or that" propositions we assign them?

Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,723,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Progressive or regressive? Forward or backward? Or are issues more complicated than the "this or that" propositions we assign them?

Awesome question! I just wonder if you prepared for the simple answer...

progressives...and yes republicans too.. Complicate the issues! In in effort to expand and create a powerfull centralized government they invent problems and ask our government to to solve them when they are not capable of doing it!!

Do I need to go down the list of every goverment agency that was created to solve some kind of the problem where the problem has only gotten worse?

Dept of energy (to reduce our dependency on foreign oil??)

Dept of education?? we havent produced a generation as smart as what we did 50 years ago

DEA and the war on drugs?? We've spent billions on this but if any person tonight wanted to get some drugs I bet it wouldnt be too hard to find them

how about the recent gov bail outs?? still up for debate??

our new healthcare policy.. Ins. rates are climbing, companies are finding it even more difficult to provide ins to their employees. And as a citizen I am now somehow being forced by my government to buy something I dont want

and so on and so on and so on!!! need I keep going

If we elect politicians on the premise that goverment is to do less, and take less we would have a system that works and is LESS complicated..

Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,791,311 times
Quote:
Awesome question! I just wonder if you prepared for the simple answer...

progressives...and yes republicans too.. Complicate the issues! In in effort to expand and create a powerfull centralized government they invent problems and ask our government to to solve them when they are not capable of doing it!!

Do I need to go down the list of every goverment agency that was created to solve some kind of the problem where the problem has only gotten worse?

Dept of energy (to reduce our dependency on foreign oil??)

Dept of education?? we havent produced a generation as smart as what we did 50 years ago

DEA and the war on drugs?? We've spent billions on this but if any person tonight wanted to get some drugs I bet it wouldnt be too hard to find them

how about the recent gov bail outs?? still up for debate??

our new healthcare policy.. Ins. rates are climbing, companies are finding it even more difficult to provide ins to their employees. And as a citizen I am now somehow being forced by my government to buy something I dont want

and so on and so on and so on!!! need I keep going

If we elect politicians on the premise that goverment is to do less, and take less we would have a system that works and is LESS complicated..
I don't know if you believe in cause and effect, but all of the government agencies you list were a response to an actual problem. Government just doesn't make up major societal problems. It didn't make up oil dependency or drug dependency or poverty. Those are all legitimate problems that effect the entire society, not just one group of people.

Problems are like the whack-a-mole game, you may solve one but your solution causes another to pop up. Problems never go away; so, there will always be a need for solutions.

Sometimes the federal government proves a better solution. Other times local governments are the better solution. Other times the market is the best solution. Or faith is the best solution.

I'll give you one example of a government agency that can do something better than anything private. That is the FDIC which eases the pain of a bank failure. Make no mistake, they happen all of the time: in good times or bad times. If you have ever had an account in a failed bank, you thank your lucky stars that there is an FDIC. There is no private solution for that.

I also believe that there are better private solutions than government solutions, healthcare and retirement nest eggs are two that I think can be handled better by the private sector. I apologize for not coming up with a specific example.

And there are probably things that the Salvation Army can do better than government or the private sector. I'm sorry I cannot come up with a specific example.

This is why I believe that things are more nuanced than being simply good or bad.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:57 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,142,409 times
Progressives, liberals, they are the same. Regardless, they dont realize or admit that their ways and their beliefs fail. They are not what this nation was founded upon and are not what will bring continued success. While not all Democrats are liberals, the ones who are have ruined their party.

Same with the GOP. There are far too many "Republicans" that dont hold Conservative values. Conservatism is what it will take to lead this nation to further prosperity. True conservatives, not phony Republicans who are too worried about power and spending and God knows what else. If the GOP doesnt wake up, now that they have a chance to at least be a part of a solution, and hold firm to Conservative principles, we will get another round of Liberal leadership come 2012. And that round will prove fatal for this country.

Liberals, like Obama and Soros, do not believe in American exceptionalism. They believe we should be "cut down to size". That we as Americans should believe that we should be the greatest nation on Earth. They want social justice. They want to force everything to be "equal". Their tools is unions and increasing the size and power of the government. They want us to believe that nothing is possible, nothing great can be done, without government being involved. That is BS. Liberalism is an ideology based on lies and deceit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections