Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 12:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The only results you will see from the Repubs, will be tonight. Beyond that, they will continue the ways of the Party of Gridlock, in hopes of similar results in 2012.
They'll probably put on a little bread and circuses show in a few months, as a reward to the base: attempts at impeachment. They know their base are the bear-baiting type (as many of them are themselves *cough* DeMint) who would love nothing more than to see the uppity Barack Obama hurt and humiliated. Heck, they're trading in their own families' health and well being today, in exchange for just the hope of being treated to something resembling punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 12:28 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What harm? Helping you and your family better afford medical insurance, expanding your coverage, NOT "taking over" your healthcare, and reducing the deficit at the same time? That sounds horrible...please make it stop.....
What harm? Deeper in debt with a trillion dollars stimulus that has not much more than sputter (we do have 10% unemployment ya know).

Help me afford medical insurance? I afforded it just fine before and have been more than happy with freedom of choice and medical insurance.

Reducing the deficit???? What? Obama? Have you looked at how much deeper in debt we are since he took office.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
What harm? Deeper in debt with a trillion dollars stimulus that has not much more than sputter (we do have 10% unemployment ya know).
The 3.5 million jobs saved and created that wouldn't have been without the stimulus may not be many but that's not Obama's fault. It's not his fault if the states misspent the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Help me afford medical insurance? I afforded it just fine before and have been more than happy with freedom of choice and medical insurance.

Reducing the deficit???? What? Obama? Have you looked at how much deeper in debt we are since he took office.
You're fine with your own personal medical insurance, good. You're just part of a soon-to-be-healthier, and thus more productive, nation. You will still have freedom of choice and medical insurance. Don't you read these things?

Yes, reducing the deficit. Do Glennie and Rush just not talk too much about that? Look at the CBO report on the Health Insurance Reform Act for yourself.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:22 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Quote:
Guess the Republican base has been successfully hoodwinked, again. But I'm confident that a good, long, two-year closeup on a Republican-majority House will gradually awaken all of you to what a nightmare they really are, and again, how they have less than no interest in your well-being.

I believe also that two more years on the Internet, and a savvier awareness of how powers try to manipulate us through all forms of media, will create a less gullible populace.

This is actually a great thing about to happen. The current slew of Ds in Congress, many do need to be replaced; Obama does need to learn he has to connect with all the people, in their own languages. The insanity of an R-controlled House in a divisive time is a fantastic learning opportunity for the batch of Ds who'll come in in 2012.

I love that the Rs in their current configuration offer only beasts and/or know-nothings. I look forward to honest mass revulsion -- from Rs and whatever the TPers have morphed into by then, as well as Ds -- throwing them back out in 2012, and a LANDSLIDE Obama re-election.

*sets clock*
LOL I was telling my wife that very same thing today.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Republican can not do alot controlling one third of one branch of government. I hope they send spending cut bills to the senate and the president make them kill or veto the bills. thats all they can do with the house.
According to a lot of the republicans who post here, 2006 was the turning point in the history of the United States when the Democrats won, and they all but singlehandedly rode America into the ground.

Are you saying they couldn't have been at fault for the results of the last two years of the Bush administration?

We agree. I never did think so, either.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
LOL I was telling my wife that very same thing today.
well if she is like most women then she will just do things her way.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
I'm listening to Anderson's excuse panel on CNN.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:40 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
They're all dead, pretty much.

This really is a good thing about to happen. I'm sincere. I hope they all get in.
So do I. That way all of America's problems will be solved in the next two years.

Heck, they'll probably solve a third of them before they even get to Washington.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Guess the Republican base has been successfully hoodwinked, again. But I'm confident that a good, long, two-year closeup on a Republican-majority House will gradually awaken all of you to what a nightmare they really are, and again, how they have less than no interest in your well-being.

I believe also that two more years on the Internet, and a savvier awareness of how powers try to manipulate us through all forms of media, will create a less gullible populace.

This is actually a great thing about to happen. The current slew of Ds in Congress, many do need to be replaced; Obama does need to learn he has to connect with all the people, in their own languages. The insanity of an R-controlled House in a divisive time is a fantastic learning opportunity for the batch of Ds who'll come in in 2012.

I love that the Rs in their current configuration offer only beasts and/or know-nothings. I look forward to honest mass revulsion -- from Rs and whatever the TPers have morphed into by then, as well as Ds -- throwing them back out in 2012, and a LANDSLIDE Obama re-election.

*sets clock*
Results are coming in and it isn't pretty for us Dems, but we knew it was coming. Plus, this is nothing new. Everytime there is a major change as there was in 08' the populace shifts back the other way. Add in the mess that dickC and Bush created and people wanted someone to be mad at, so as typical, be mad at the one who inherieted the mess.

The good thing is..............LOL, they have two years to fix everything, just as Obama was suppose to miraculously fix dickC's and bush's mess. This might be a very good thing. They have two years, and this might work well for us in 2012. In fact, I think I'm glad it's happening this way.

Let the repubs and TP's show us what they can do! Let's roll!!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:54 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
That's one way to spin the slaughter your party is about to see tonight.
Why not spin it that way? Republicans are spinning this as a mandate when in reality it's the independents picking the fat girl with big goiter on her face over the fat girl with the slightly smaller goiter on her face
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections