Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I wonder why the themes of your post never crossed any economists' minds

What are the proposals that the Republicans have offered in the last two years? "The Roadmap to America's Future", which I'm sure is what impelled you to the polls today, and what else?
repubs proposals in the last 2 years? umm, who knows? Obama, Pelosi, & Reid weren't listening to them anyway. How can you even try to blame the repubs when they have been in the minority in all 3 arenas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 06:50 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:

What are the proposals that the Republicans have offered in the last two years? "The Roadmap to America's Future", which I'm sure is what impelled you to the polls today, and what else?
Actually, I had to Google "roadmap to America's future." Didn't know what you were talking about. I usually keep up with politics better but my dad had cancer and died in August and my mom has CHF and isn't doing well either, so I've had my hands full. I have to admit I haven't had a lot of time to watch TV and have just paid attention to the candidates in my district.

But the things I outlined aren't anything new. They are the reason I am a Republican, because they are the things that I believe to be true and as a small business owner, things that I know about. I started out as an independent when I was first able to vote 35 years ago, and then began to realize that it was Republican ideals that I agreed with. That's not to say I vote straight party lines, but usually it's the Republican candidate that I agree with on issues.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You'd have to be mentally ill not to vote republican

Old 11-02-2010, 08:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
repubs proposals in the last 2 years? umm, who knows? Obama, Pelosi, & Reid weren't listening to them anyway. How can you even try to blame the repubs when they have been in the minority in all 3 arenas?
Oh, honey. You can't be old enough to vote. You just can't be.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Actually, I had to Google "roadmap to America's future." Didn't know what you were talking about. I usually keep up with politics better but my dad had cancer and died in August and my mom has CHF and isn't doing well either, so I've had my hands full. I have to admit I haven't had a lot of time to watch TV and have just paid attention to the candidates in my district.
luzianne, I'm sorry about your folks. None of the rest of this stuff matters. (((hug)))

You can probably see you haven't missed much!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 PM

183 posts, read 467,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
By all means, vote Democrat. Vote for more entitlements for you at WORKING people's expense.

Here are even more reasons that you should vote Democrat.

American Thinker: Thirty-six Reasons to Vote Democrat

For crying out loud....do the research, vote intelligently, not along your mama and daddy's party line. This country is going to hell in a handbasket--every incumbent should be out on their collective ears.
But being middle class or even poor doesn't mean working people are taking care of them.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwestman View Post
Get out there and vote Democrat. There's no way in hell the Republicans are going to give you a better deal.
Where did this type of thinking come from? Somehow Government is about getting/giving people deals?

I didn't realize that our Republic was about who was going to give you a better deal.

I love how the left judges the right by the philosophy of the left - no wonder they don't like the right. Conservatism is not about setting up third party elitists to dole out deals.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:12 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meintennessee View Post
Yes, by all means...the Democrats will keep you entitled to government handouts while taking every shred of ambition and integrity you have within you...so that you will be dependant on them to live and thereby secure your vote for the rest of your miserable life.
Quote:
Can you give some examples of this, happening these days? Cradle-to-grave type welfare programs have been dead since 1996.

Do you mean the current unemployment rolls?
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act which was what reformed the welfare system was opposed by most House Democrats and when it was up for re-authorization in 2002 the vote was 229 to 197 right along party lines with Dems voting against re-authorization.

Seems Democrats would have liked to go back to the old system..

Old 11-03-2010, 12:39 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
Can you give some examples of this, happening these days? Cradle-to-grave type welfare programs have been dead since 1996.
Been to California recently? Apparently not.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
Wow, nice example of an appeal to authority argument! Since when are you the AEA's spokesperson? Where's your economic degree from again? Thought so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections