Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:31 AM

118 posts, read 290,319 times

Advertisements

Ok we got our first lady Governor in Oklahoma, she has a lot to say about what she wants to do , when she was lieutenant Governor she never stood up for Oklahoma when Gov. Frank Keating was spending, lets see what she wants to cut now. Also I give her till the fall of 2011, she will raise taxs in one form or another, mark my word on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,536,109 times
I'm not thrilled about her winning... The elections are still a sore subject for me.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:43 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,510,254 times
With a name like "proud voter of Obama" I could see why you wouldn't be happy with Oklahoma's elections!

If it's any consolation's, the rumor is that Askins' saw the writing on the wall and cut a deal before the election to get Opala's spot on the Supreme Court.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:59 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,348,065 times
Well, there you go another liberal on the supreme court to vote against the will of the people, or al least most of them.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin847 View Post
Ok we got our first lady Governor in Oklahoma, she has a lot to say about what she wants to do , when she was lieutenant Governor she never stood up for Oklahoma when Gov. Frank Keating was spending, lets see what she wants to cut now. Also I give her till the fall of 2011, she will raise taxs in one form or another, mark my word on this.
I don't quite get at all your points. Gov. Keating was known as the most vetoingst governor in Oklahoma, so I guess he was vetoing a bunch of extra spending bills.

Fallin said in her campaign ad that she stood for reduced government spending, but later in the same ad said she wants to find more money for the classroom. It will be interesting to see how she reconciles those two conflicting stands.

Fallin also stands for eliminating the state income tax, but has apparently not revealed what to replace it with. If she had something in mind, it was too early to reveal it before the election. So you may be right in her wanting to raise taxes in some way to use to replace the state income tax. Many conservatives are against any income tax because it acts to penalize productivity, and I tend to agree with that.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:16 PM

778 posts, read 2,325,066 times
I would love to know what miracle she will pull to cut taxes with an $800 million (and growing) shortfall coming up.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 PM

[Fallin said in her campaign ad that she stood for reduced government spending, but later in the same ad said she wants to find more money for the classroom. It will be interesting to see how she reconciles those two conflicting stands.

Fallin also stands for eliminating the state income tax, but has apparently not revealed what to replace it with. If she had something in mind, it was too early to reveal it before the election. So you may be right in her wanting to raise taxes in some way to use to replace the state income tax. Many conservatives are against any income tax because it acts to penalize productivity, and I tend to agree with that.[/quote]

Well I can see raised taxes and no income tax. This is the highest State income tax we have paid and have lived in many states.

Interested in this speach you say she wants to increase spending in the classroom. I voted wanting no more spending and want to read what she said. I do know there is lots of junk said about all politicians but I believe none until I see it in print. Please link the speach if you can. Thanks

Old 11-12-2010, 07:48 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,252,462 times
I think Oklahoma has always worked by the good ole' boy system. I guess now it'll be the good ole' girl system. I wasn't thrilled by any of the governor choices, but Fallin plays the religious card. One thing about it, when you're as far down in the barrel as Oklahoma is we won't have far to fall. LOL, at least houses are cheap. Just watch for the potholes and no paint on the roads. But, there's a few good things in Oklahoma, LOL, just not the politics.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:36 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,551,764 times
Any female candidate who feels the need to throw in her opponent's lack of marriage and motherhood as a plus for herself says a lot about the candidate and the people voting for her.

A woman who has not given birth is somehow less qualified for political office? Really?

Give me a break.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Any female candidate who feels the need to throw in her opponent's lack of marriage and motherhood as a plus for herself says a lot about the candidate and the people voting for her.

A woman who has not given birth is somehow less qualified for political office? Really?

Give me a break.

I would agree with you if that was the only issue. This time around that is the least of my concerns so therefore with what is laid out before us or I should say me as a voter I voted for Mary Fallon. If the only issue before us was a marriage or non marriage issue, I would have thought that was about as dumb as you get and voted the other way but like I said that was the least thought on my mind when I voted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections