Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times

Advertisements

The country faces serious problems within the next few years. We have a economic crisis and we have social issues pulling us apart.
Let alone fighting and managing 2 wars and putting our troops in harms way in the war on terror.

What the people of this nation fail to realize is we are broke.
Its really that simple and if think prices are high now wait until the dollar continues to lose its value and gas hits 5 dollars a gallon. If anyone thinks higher taxes is the solution that doesn't fix the problem of the FED printing more money as the government continues to spend. You having less money in your pocket and or less in your neighbors wont fix the problem. The problem is government.

Even if you want free health care where is the money going to come from we are broke if you asking the government for solutions good luck. Government lies to us all about how much things will cost and who is really going to pay let alone the service you will get for it. Again we are broke.

So as I look at the so called field of potential 2012 GOP candidates and those who might run I am convinced the people of this country are insane.

I also like how they in the news media have already started to plan who is going to be the long shots and who are the front runners. How can this be?

1. Sarah Palin.... seriously.. I'm sure if we were in times of peace and good economic standing she would be a "good enough" president to get by on for 4 years. With that being said she has no plans and or real ideas on the economic issues and our current foreign policy crisis. Drill baby drill doesn't fix the real issues and she doesn't have the experience needed at times like these to be president.
2. Mike Huckabee.... just what the country needs another smooth talking christian promoting the idea of marriage and ignoring the serious issues we face as free people. Mike Huckabee is closer to being a fascist then george bush would ever be he will just sound better when he does it.
3. Mitt R. This is a person driven to be president like he has been planning it his entire career. This followers mostly the pushers of the Mormom church hoping to bring about the changes they want over everyone else. Mitt while a business man is interested in keeping things the same, when it comes to our foreign policy and corporate welfare. He will be spending money on every other program not addressing the role of government itself and asking lawyers what the constitution says. Conservative or not he was elected in Massachusetts I'm not sure he is what the country needs right now is a another Bush.
4. Jeb bush.. does anything else need to be said and he is the smarter one they say.
5. Newt Gingrich - speaker of the house in 1994 then lost his way in Washington and forgot about liberty and replaced it with BUSH republicans.
6. Chris Christie -- could be a interesting option but even he doesn't want the job and I think he has his hands full with NJ that state needs him more then we need him as president.

Others..
Mike Pence - need more info but a good running mate for someone.

Jim DeMint - longtime establishment republican.

Nikki Haley, who hasn't even won yet but is being heralded as the new Sarah Palin need I say more.

Sen. Rick Santorum, who'd be the social conservative in the race next to huckabee.

Bobby Jindal - not enough experience.

And of course the last one... the one who was telling all the republicans for the last 25 years in written, in speeches on the congress floor about our foreign policy and our economic crisis. A promoter of liberty over the expanse state. Predicting the housing crisis, predicting our issues with the wars in IRAQ and our empire spending us into debit. Warning of the Federal Reserve System. Warning us in the 2008 debates again and again and instead embracing him the republicans laugh when every time he is right. Ron Paul for years has been voting down time and time again to increase spending and taxes. While the media and establishment are busy looking for leadership from political hacks and people who laughed at Ron Paul the nation will get a daily dose of these incompetent idiots. If Ron Paul runs in 2012 he only has to play all his speeches on the house floor to win over every American. Instead of going with someone who actually has some knowledge on foreign policy and economics we will be talking about Sarah Palin and Mitt R and Fox news and the rest of the country will be continue the insanity all over again.

Ron Paul was and his followers the real tea party and somewhere along the line Sarah Palin and Fox News took it for themselves. All the time before this in 2008 where we they when our debit was at 9 trillion!!! Ron Paul was their telling everyone about it on national television like the tea party father he was. We need sound money.
Ron Paul does not want to return to the Gold standard over night but make gold and silver legal tender and phase out the FED over time.
Its constitutional and keeps the government spending power in check and balanced.
If you don't know who Ron Paul is look him up and read some of his speeches and writings before you call him a kook, crank or any other established republican and progressive will call him to make sure you don't actually think for yourself.

The only sane and logical choice in 2012 is Ron Paul because he was right he offered time and time again ways to fix the crisis before it happened and or got worse.. You ignored him... stop ignoring someone speaking the truth you might just get a country you will be proud of again and a country truly free to the people. If you want limited small government in economic and social choices, no income tax, a government limited in constitutional authority. Having just wars which protect our nation not other nations. Bringing our troops home so they can live and defend OUR freedoms and our Constitution. Security on our borders and promoting freedom via example not via force over UN resolutions.
Get out of the UN, NAFTA and our Government managed trade start taking Ron Paul seriously and has the only front runner.
Why???? Because WE ARE BROKE!!! PERIOD Even if you wanted to continue down this course show me the money. Let alone all the entitlements coming from the baby boomers and social security. You can't and that is why you look for idiots to run your country.
If you want small government Ron Paul is the leadership this country needs who has PRINCIPLES and stick to them even when everyone told him he was a crank for the ideas of liberty and defending our constitution.
Don't be fooled by another neo-con, vote for someone who has proven his is right and said it for years. Liberty has one last shot to take hold in this nation don't let it go down the road of tyranny when the government economic system collapses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Bobby Jindal / Mike Huckabee...
There you go
Diversity and Values all in one ticket.
MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:30 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Bobby Jindal / Mike Huckabee...
There you go
Diversity and Values all in one ticket.
MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Oh god..shoot me.. like I said stupid people./

Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default So it begins... the GOP 2012 race.. and already I'm sick to my stomach

Prepare to get sicker...

Because TX gov Rick Perry has his sights set on the White House, too. If you liked Dubya, you're gonna love Perry. He's very similar, except less charming and not as bright.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Prepare to get sicker...

Because TX gov Rick Perry has his sights set on the White House, too. If you liked Dubya, you're gonna love Perry. He's very similar, except less charming and not as bright.
I soooooo agree and I don't even live in TX.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Basically in the party that is in the presidency it always the same as far as race to the nomintion really.It seems fro your title verus content that you are yourself pushing Ron Paul;good luck weith that because I doubt he has nay more chance tha he did lst time. he is the Nader of republican politics really.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Well, don't count the Rahm Emanual/Robert Gibbs ticket out......oh wait, wrong party......

Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,369,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
blah blah blah So as I look at the so called field of potential 2012 GOP candidates and those who might run I am convinced the people of this country are insane. blah blah blah.

Americans insanity was proven when the idiot obama was elected.
come on, a "community organizer" ???
there is the epitimity of "inexperienced" for ya

your credibility was shot when you over this and went after the GOP in 2012

Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,726 times
Kind of funny what Obama has brought on the Dems. A 64 seat sweep of the house and probably a pretty right wing president in 2012. Thanks again, Mr President. You destroyed the Democrat party like no Republican ever could LOL!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
What's sickening is the fact that these GOP candidates are not vying for their place in the weekly showing of "Creature Features." They each will do more good there than on the political scene.

There is not one GOP candidate, identified or not, who can match this president. So again we find Republicans not focusing on helping to resolve the problems they created when they were in office, but trying to draw attention away from Obama's increasing success with their meaningless campaign talk. Pathetic, as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections