Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:28 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess I missed the part where Bush was golfing and ignored Katrina? Refresh my mind and show me where you are getting this information. As for Kartina, if I remember right, that was after his second victory. None of us know how much damage his reaction to Katrina might have been. I am not judging him, I am pointing out you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Talke about narrow minded.

Nita
OK, he wasn't actually golfing, but he was certainly slow to respond or even say anything about the disaster there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 07:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Huckabee/Rubio 2012!!!
just might happen, but I am not sure Huck is interested. He is playing the wait and see game like Fred Thompson did 4 years ago, he might just wait and see too long.

Nita

Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
OK, he wasn't actually golfing, but he was certainly slow to respond or even say anything about the disaster there.
And what happened to his ratings from Katrina on? BTW, I am not sure we are talking about Bush right now. Isn't this more about who the Republicans will put on the ballot?

Nita

Old 03-20-2011, 03:43 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Neither if neocons hold sway, which they will.

Candidates must be CFR.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:44 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
the lies and false accusations about Ron Paul have been exposed many times before.
"Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment."

Ron Paul lists Ghandi MLK, and Rosa Parks as his heros. During the primaries the right was the first ones who tried to pull this BS to discredit Ron Paul. Another reason not to trust them.
The allegations still hang over Ron Paul and they are pretty substantial. Based on his son's proclamation that the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment should be abolished, I'd say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Ron Paul's got other problems though he's lousy campaigner and campaign organizers and he's never even won a state wide election. Can you tell me the last time a guy won the White House without winning a statewide election?

Old 03-21-2011, 03:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
You mean the way he went on TV 72 hrs before Katrine hit and asked people to take the forecast of a category 5 very seriously?

The responsibility for the slow involvment belongs to Mayor Nagun and the Fmr. Gov. of Lousiana.

Back on topic: Paul doesn't have the charisma to beat Obama. By 2012 people might be fed up enough to vote for Paul but I doubt it. I have little doubt that Cain could beat Obama in debates; and, he can talk circles around Obama on the economy but he has very little name recognition across the country and no experience in government.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:37 PM

324 posts, read 877,003 times
You all had better HOPE that Ron Paul runs and wins or America IS finished !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4egXbhSOhk

Old 03-24-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
You all had better HOPE that Ron Paul runs and wins or America IS finished !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4egXbhSOhk
Ron Paul is not going to run and if he does, he isn't going to win, so I guess the country is finished, at least in your mind.

Nita

Old 03-24-2011, 06:25 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
romney is still the fave, but like ive said again and again, i dont know how he wins the nomination when half the gop are tea partiers.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:40 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
romney is still the fave, but like ive said again and again, i dont know how he wins the nomination when half the gop are tea partiers.
If half the GOP are tea partiers that means there is no such thing as a tea party.

The original Tea Party movement was a liberty movement, not social conservatives. Please don't confuse conservatives with advocates of liberty.

I have noticed "tea party" has become a catch all word, the GOP did a good job marginalizing it, people are falling in line just as planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections