Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times

Advertisements

Obama for President
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Republican...

Colin Powell

Democrat

Wesley Clark would make a great president.....

I like generals, what can I say...
what can you say?....you like America being run by the military?

Old 07-27-2007, 08:14 AM

467 posts, read 325,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
what can you say?....you like America being run by the military?
Actually, General Clark is a strong advocate for getting out of Iraq and follows the idea of many former Generals and Admirals that the military should only go into conflicts out of necessity and not choice.

He was first in his class at West Point, speaks 5 languages including Arabic, Supreme Allied Commander of NATO and Democratic Presidential candidate in 2004. That is obviously a short version of his resume, but you get the idea.

I'm not sure he's enough of a politician, but his heart is in the right place and he's a brilliant man.

Read a biography of D.D. Eisenhower before you question whether a military man should be President.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:21 AM

13 posts, read 65,822 times
Ron Paul.

From his website: "He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution."

Old 07-27-2007, 08:26 AM

^ Toninole i'm being critical of military canidates considering what we have been through since 2000. Wesley Clark's credentials are impressive but not enough to convince me to vote for him but he isn't even running!

The Dems have a good list of potential nominees unlike the GOP. I'm actually amazed they think Fred Thompson is a serious canidate and Reagan-like!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:30 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
I like Colin Powell to, but unfortunately he won't run.

Due to what Bush and his administration has done, the Republicans do not have a chance, but this always happens almost every election

I agree, there is nothing out there to vote for...Hilary lied, and she and her hubby were involved in some Pretty sticky stuff some years ago...and yet, people will vote for them...but she will run real roughshod over any apponent the democrates put in there...but, she is involved with campaign fraud since 2000 and I still question the Vince Foster Death, along with a lot of other people who have been associated with the Clintins who are also gone from this world.

Obama is a holicost skeptic who has predicted the Israeli state is not long for the Middle East -- and should be transplanted to Europe.

the others I wouldn't give you the time of day for

I'm independent...the only candidate presently that I would vote for is Giuliani, but even that bothers me...

the lesser evils I suppose...used to get really excited about the elections, way back, but no more...they give us nothing to vote for...and as always the Dems will get in this time...

We need more parties...to help make honest politicans out of what is presently there....they are all corrupt...and it's a shame the majority of the people refuse to see this...no, it worries me.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:42 AM

^ interesting thoughts.....Powell blew it by hitching his wagon unto the Dubya fiasco....a respected man lied for Bush in front of the UN trying to sell the Iraq War.

As for Rudy....he should be thanking God for 9/11 because that is all his canidacy is built around on.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:48 AM

478 posts, read 959,802 times
Ron Paul. How can you not like a guy him? He is the only person in either party who tells the truth.

YouTube - Ron Paul : Stop Dreaming

Old 07-27-2007, 08:50 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
^ interesting thoughts.....Powell blew it by hitching his wagon unto the Dubya fiasco....a respected man lied for Bush in front of the UN trying to sell the Iraq War.

As for Rudy....he should be thanking God for 9/11 because that is all his canidacy is built around on.

Yes, you are correct, I can't disagree, but.....? And yes on your elvauation of Rudy...

I'm just lost and totally standing here feeling like, who in the heck is any good?

I think there is way more to Powell's story then what we know....way more

Far as Global warming I don't buy it, besides earth, like everything else runs it's own course (cycle) There were Ice ages that melted, and huge volcanic catastrophes that shelded the earth from the sun...and there were times when the earth was clear, clean and tropical, just as there were times when land masses were connected? The earth is a star, and someday it will in fact, burn itself out...but global warming...hog wash...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:53 AM

467 posts, read 325,142 times
Quote:
^ Toninole i'm being critical of military canidates considering what we have been through since 2000. Wesley Clark's credentials are impressive but not enough to convince me to vote for him but he isn't even running!

The Dems have a good list of potential nominees unlike the GOP. I'm actually amazed they think Fred Thompson is a serious canidate and Reagan-like!
ARGH - I sure wish he were...

I know we've been through the ringer, but I think the majority of that falls on the heads of civilian chicken hawks who pushed for this war, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Pearl, etc. Bush is too dumb to say no and the Pentagon tries their best to serve their masters. There are many generals, including Clark, that find it reprehensible that Bush has led us so far down the rabbit hole and would've taken a different path.

I'm looking forward to a Gore/Clinton ticket or Clinton/anyone ticket and I think either option will blow the Republicans out of the water. I, too, don't get the Thompson thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections