Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:04 PM

515 posts, read 368,212 times

Advertisements

If the former Minnesota governor is to improve his name recognition among the large group of Republicans testing the 2012 waters, it will be by showing up in places like Ohio, a traditional battleground state still suffering from 9 percent unemployment.

Republican Pawlenty seeks to break out of 2012 pack | Reuters

Why not, I don't know much about him but it seems moderate and good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 05:23 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
If the former Minnesota governor is to improve his name recognition among the large group of Republicans testing the 2012 waters, it will be by showing up in places like Ohio, a traditional battleground state still suffering from 9 percent unemployment.

Republican Pawlenty seeks to break out of 2012 pack | Reuters

Why not, I don't know much about him but it seems moderate and good.
Thanks for the laugh.

I'm really enjoying this run up to the primaries. The Republican Primaries are going to be the "Greatest Show On Earth".

Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,315 times
he cant win imo.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Thanks for the laugh.

I'm really enjoying this run up to the primaries. The Republican Primaries are going to be the "Greatest Show On Earth".
Obama was funny at the beginning, and he crushed Hillary
These primaries seem incredibly promising because Pawlenty, Daniels, Romney and Gingrich are there..And funny because Michelle Bachmann will be there
The GOP field is the most open in one century.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
he cant win imo.
I prefer Daniels, but he can win, he's moderate, he can win the independants vote..Many of them are disappointed by Obama (too liberal agenda)

Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Pawlenty is a republican that has won in blue Minnesota. The guy is electable, especially if Obama doesn't turn things around.

Newt, Huck, Palin, Bachmann, Trump and Paul are all unelectable.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:40 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Default Pawlenty

YouTube - Michael Savage Exposes Tim Pawlenty as just another Fake Conservative - March 28, 2011

Quote:
Tim Pawlenty argued Monday that his past support for cap-and-trade legislation shouldn't hinder his presidential bid because nearly all the other Republican White House hopefuls also took the same position.
Quote:
wlenty cut for the Environmental Defense Fund with then-Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano where he pleads, "Come on Congress. Let’s get moving. Cap greenhouse gas pollution now."

Thought everyone should know before going crazy for Tim Nobody

Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
Pawlenty is a republican that has won in blue Minnesota. The guy is electable, especially if Obama doesn't turn things around.

Pawlenty has gone full scale evangelical now that he is running for a Primary. Religion this religion that, gays this, bring back DADT that.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post

I agree with you, any Republican that can win in MN must have something to offer. I am one that is pulling for Daniels right now, but certainly can live wiht Pawlenty or a few others.

Nita

Old 04-01-2011, 01:09 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with you, any Republican that can win in MN must have something to offer. I am one that is pulling for Daniels right now, but certainly can live wiht Pawlenty or a few others.

Nita
When Pawlenty ran for Governor and while he was Governor of Minnesota he didn't wear his religion on his sleeve. Now that he is no longer the Governor of Minnesota and running for the GOP Primary its of course time to start wearing his religion on his sleeve and start targeting the gays, which is exactly what he is doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections