Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Democrats - If Hillary runs in 2012 would you vote for Obama or Hillary?
Obama 21 51.22%
Hillary 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:23 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times

Advertisements

Neither. Despite Hillary's "hawkish stance", there isn't a hair's worth of policy difference between the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 09:25 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
from what I've read, the right is not excited about ANY potential nominee so, who is stating that President Obama is trailing any "unnamed GOP candidate" in most states?
Most on the radical right live in a fantasy land making things up. Obama is leading "unnamed gop candidate" in every poll i've seen, including fox news.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,808 times
I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2008 and would do so very willingly again IF it were to occur (but it won't... even if Hillary were to change her mind, the DNC worked too hard to get Obama through the first time and they wouldn't want to ruin that now).

Old 04-04-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Most on the radical right live in a fantasy land making things up. Obama is leading "unnamed gop candidate" in every poll i've seen, including fox news.
That is not true.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

The mean of those 5 polls has Obama +2.8, which is actually quite small. And if you throw out the high and low polls, the number drops to a +1.6 spread. But more telling is that in all of the polls listed, Obama does not get >50%. For an incumbent President not to poll above 50% is a sign of discontent in the country and that there is an opening for another candidate.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
Thus far it looks like Hillary has a 2:1 margin of victory over the incumbent Obama!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:56 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'd vote for Hillary. She's not perfect, but she's smarter than Obama, more experienced, and if she wins, Bill likely becomes Secretary of State - and his diplomatic track record is pretty good.
What is this "experience" you say that Hillary has?? Being the WIFE of a president is not experience. She has ZERO diplomatic training as can be seen by need of "special envoys" being sent around the world. She was a carpetbagger senator only elected as payback to her husband.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What is this "experience" you say that Hillary has?? Being the WIFE of a president is not experience. She has ZERO diplomatic training as can be seen by need of "special envoys" being sent around the world. She was a carpetbagger senator only elected as payback to her husband.
LOL. On EVERY question she was asked during the debates and interviews, she gave straightforward, sensible answers. Then-Senator Obama could barely come up with speculative responses and simply tried to keep returning to the issue with Iraq to garner up his anti-war base. Her ideas on healthcare, on foreign policy, and even on domestic policy are issues Obama fought against and yet has adopted because his policies were too idealistic and unrealistic.

I wanted Obama to become a strong leader but he just hasn't shown that to me. Instead, he has drawn from the Bush playbook and the Clinton playbook without his own promises coming true (e.g., closing Gitmo, having criminal court cases for the terrorists, not having a mandate for healthcare, not starting a new war). I am done with him.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:37 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,790 times
Hillary will not run, so the question is moot and pointless.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Barry is already TRAILING any "unnamed GOP candidate" in most states. The social experiment is over!
Of course you have little evidence to back this up, but well when the candidates are named Obama is leading in most states...

Anyway the poll is a joke, Clinton is not running, enough of this stupidity.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
I'd vote for Obama. It's fun to watch conservatives squirm and pull their hair out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections