Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 05:35 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
that pizza was really bad. They still even in business?
Yep actually they are still in business there's 3 in Jax one on Atlantic Blvd. one on Bowden Rd. and one on Cassatt Ave. and yes they were terrible pizza's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 05:54 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Is it just me or has the tea party completely flipped its lid? Here we have FOX news proclaiming Cain a victor in a debate he clearly didn't show up to, when Paul, Johnson, Pawlenty, Santorium, etc showed up and did so with principles.

The former FED chairman who can't answer a softball question somehow gets declared the victor?

And anyone who claims tea party support is going along with (better yet defending) this? Really?

Is the tea party going to push a FED candidate in this election?
Yes because unfortunately the Tea Party has now been diverted to an astroturf front.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Sure why not pick Cain. Its no big deal this big government fraud doesn't know the Constitution from the Declaration of Independance.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:52 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
I can't shake the feeling that the Republicans are going to sacrifice someone, (see: Dole, Bob; Kerry, John;, Mondale, Fritz) and concentrate on shoring up the House and making a run at taking the Senate.
Hopefully they decide to sacrifice Jeb Bush...I don't think we deserve another Bush do we?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Hopefully they decide to sacrifice Jeb Bush...I don't think we deserve another Bush do we?
I'd take Bush over Palin any day of the week

As for Cain, I like him, but I don't think he has any chance of getting the nomination in the current GOP.

From what I've seen so far of the potential candidates, I'm once again considering putting Ted Nugent as a write-in candidate

Old 05-26-2011, 10:12 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
This is inappropriate for this forum.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:10 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Some more gems from that policy wonk Herman:

Quote:
Do you think we still belong in Afghanistan?

I can't answer, because I don't have all the information that the president has in making that determination. Whether or not we should have gone in the first place? That's also is a fuzzy kind of thing. What's the mission in Afghanistan? Based on news reports, going to Afghanistan was supposed to be to help them fight off the Taliban. i think that's the mission, but I'm not sure. If that's the mission the next question is can we win in this fight against the Taliban. I don't know the answer to that. All I know is if you look back in history Russia tried the same thing. And they finally gave up.
Quote:
Is there anything in the PATRIOT Act that bothers you, that you'd want to see reversed, or are you pretty much okay with that legislation?

I think that the PATRIOT Act is about 90 percent right on. I can't delineate to you exactly what I would want to change, but here again I would rather error on the side of caution and protection, rather than worry about that ten percent that I might have a problem with. Perfect legislation doesn't exist. But I'm happy with legislation that's 90 percent right on especially if it's going to protect the people.
Quote:
What would you say to a civil libertarian who argued that we all want to safeguard American lives, but that if you don't draw some legal line then the government is going to tend to use its authority for nefarious purposes?

What I'd say to them is this. I think it's one of our founding fathers who said - I think it might have been Thomas Jefferson, it might have been Abraham Lincoln, I'm not sure - if men were angels, we wouldn't need laws. Men are not angels. I'm okay doing what we need to do to protect this country. And if we see an opportunity where we need to change a law, then let's change it. Because if we try to debate hard and long how we create the perfect law, we could be annihilated by then. Let's pass laws that are 90 percent right on, and then go back and debate whether or not we need to change somethings - rather than waiting until we have a law or legislation that everybody feels is 100 percent.
Herman Cain: Spying on Americans Is Okay, But Not Assassinating Them - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

Click on the link and get more laughs. Folks, I really wish I was making this all up, I wish that someone so many people have been fooled into supporting wasn't less of an intellectual than Sarah Palin or George W. Bush. However, it's all true.

This man is an empty suit, when will people realize this!? The man has less convictions than Mittens Romney! He has zero idea what's going on. God help us if this is who the Republicans nominate.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
I was wondering if anyone else in here has had any thoughts on Herman Cain, A Black Republican that is trying to run for President. I caught him on TV last night being interviewed on CNN and came away suitably impressed with him as a candidate and a person in general., I would be interested in what some of you think about him. Here is a link to an article on him.....Herman Cain: Possible 'Dark Horse' 2012 GOP Presidential Candidate
I think he doesn't have a clear idea for this country. He just mumbles and says he will figure out what to do when the time comes. That is not what we need.

Vote Ron Paul 2012.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I think he doesn't have a clear idea for this country. He just mumbles and says he will figure out what to do when the time comes. That is not what we need.

Vote Ron Paul 2012.
Eh... I think Ron Paul is turning batty in his old age. He's starting to sound like a conspiracy nutwhack.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Some more gems from that policy wonk Herman:

Herman Cain: Spying on Americans Is Okay, But Not Assassinating Them - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

Click on the link and get more laughs. Folks, I really wish I was making this all up, I wish that someone so many people have been fooled into supporting wasn't less of an intellectual than Sarah Palin or George W. Bush. However, it's all true.

This man is an empty suit, when will people realize this!? The man has less convictions than Mittens Romney! He has zero idea what's going on. God help us if this is who the Republicans nominate.
He's been too busy running a pizza chain to put much thought into these political issues. That's what the RW doesn't understand when they say they want a pol who has "business experience". It sounds like he isn't even an educated layperson on many issues. I could probably beat him in a debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections