Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 03:19 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Figuratively speaking, of course.

"What may be an even more interesting indicator of whether Governor Perry will run or not is his opposition. The Texas Democratic Party is raising money to fund a website to introduce the "Real Rick Perry" to America. Spokeswoman Kirsten Gray says their campaign for funds has also been going well."

While Rick Perry Rests, Presidential Talk Ramps Up - FoxNews.com

My first thought was awwwww, those sweet Texas liberals want to keep Rick Perry, in Texas maybe for a fourth consecutive term and not share him with the rest of us.

But it got me to thinking. Have you seen any organized effort by Democrats against, for example, either Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachmann, you know, like an anti-website or anti-political print, web or TV ads targeting any of the individual GOP candidates as opposed to Republicans in general?

I'm in Tennessee so they could be airing locally on TV or be printed in local newspapers in the early primary states (or swing states) and I wouldn't know it.

I've seen the anti Obama TV ad.

Anyone ever see the documentary "Pumping Iron" where a young Arnold Schwartzenegger psychs out Lou Ferrigno causing Ferrigno to lose the body building contest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 03:59 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Figuratively speaking, of course.

"What may be an even more interesting indicator of whether Governor Perry will run or not is his opposition. The Texas Democratic Party is raising money to fund a website to introduce the "Real Rick Perry" to America. Spokeswoman Kirsten Gray says their campaign for funds has also been going well."

While Rick Perry Rests, Presidential Talk Ramps Up - FoxNews.com

My first thought was awwwww, those sweet Texas liberals want to keep Rick Perry, in Texas maybe for a fourth consecutive term and not share him with the rest of us.

But it got me to thinking. Have you seen any organized effort by Democrats against, for example, either Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachmann, you know, like an anti-website or anti-political print, web or TV ads targeting any of the individual GOP candidates as opposed to Republicans in general?

I'm in Tennessee so they could be airing locally on TV or be printed in local newspapers in the early primary states (or swing states) and I wouldn't know it.

I've seen the anti Obama TV ad.

Anyone ever see the documentary "Pumping Iron" where a young Arnold Schwartzenegger psychs out Lou Ferrigno causing Ferrigno to lose the body building contest?
Not clear to me what your question or point is. Laura?

Perry is not any different than the rest, Laura! Just another self-centered ambitious politican.

Palin is the only person on 'radar' who might be sincere and caring enough for America....to make any significant difference.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:10 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
No candidate makes dems "wet their pants".. However there are some that should make all of America scared if they were to win!!!!!

Old 07-03-2011, 04:22 PM

Default pant wetting tine is long past

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No candidate makes dems "wet their pants".. However there are some that should make all of America scared if they were to win!!!!!
How could America be in ANY WORSE shape than she's in NOW, with the current prez?

LauraC.....you are a 'political hack'....and/or a 'shill' for Rick Perry?

Which is it?

Old 07-03-2011, 04:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Which GOP Candidate or Potential GOP Candidate Is Making Dems Wet Their Pants?

What? You mean from laughing so hard?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I saw Pumping Iron and see no connection to that and anything going on in politics right now. Whoever gets the nomination with be blasted, it's the job of the opponants to do that. Like how people blasted Obama, and continue to blast him. I don't know about "wetting pants"...is that what most Republicans are doing now? I learns so much on the forums.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
With Laughter? That would have to be Buchmann but if Palin jumps in it will be close.
Casper

Old 07-03-2011, 06:58 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
I also thought about stress incontinence brought about by laughter.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:58 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
How could America be in ANY WORSE shape than she's in NOW, with the current prez?

LauraC.....you are a 'political hack'....and/or a 'shill' for Rick Perry?

Which is it?
Ahhhh, you with your 175 posts are more likely to be attached to some campaign. I've been posting here and in other forums since 2006. I think I asked a legitimate question:

Have you seen any organized effort by Democrats against, for example, either Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachmann, you know, like an anti-website or anti-political print, web or TV ads targeting any of the individual GOP candidates as opposed to Republicans in general?

And I think my reason, that I don't live in a swing state or an early primary state, so I wouldn't know if local opposition ads were airing against individual Republicans is a good reason for asking the question. The only 2012 anti-ad I have seen is the one about Obama that doesn't mention any Republican candidate.

I support a Rick Perry run so I get news alerts on Rick Perry. That's how I know stuff that's going on related to his possible run for President. Try it. Go to Google and create a News Alert for whoever you support.

I used Romney and Bachman in my example because in the last national poll I saw they were Number 1 and Number 2.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:35 PM

Default Glad you are a forum contributer, LauraC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Ahhhh, you with your 175 posts are more likely to be attached to some campaign. I've been posting here and in other forums since 2006. I think I asked a legitimate question:

Have you seen any organized effort by Democrats against, for example, either Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachmann, you know, like an anti-website or anti-political print, web or TV ads targeting any of the individual GOP candidates as opposed to Republicans in general?

And I think my reason, that I don't live in a swing state or an early primary state, so I wouldn't know if local opposition ads were airing against individual Republicans is a good reason for asking the question. The only 2012 anti-ad I have seen is the one about Obama that doesn't mention any Republican candidate.

I support a Rick Perry run so I get news alerts on Rick Perry. That's how I know stuff that's going on related to his possible run for President. Try it. Go to Google and create a News Alert for whoever you support.

I used Romney and Bachman in my example because in the last national poll I saw they were Number 1 and Number 2.
Laura,

Just got me 176 posts (grin)

You are very polite and apparently a very decent woman. I truly admire and respect you for that. I apologize if I have misjudged you.
But, this is not my first 'rodeo'....and many invested shills come to these foruns (public arenas) acting as an innocent bystander.

If you read my Thread ''Agree or Disagree - Talk to me , America''.....you see I'm not interested in wasting time promoting and/or Googling any candidate. I sincerely believe the system offers little to 'No hope' for any help for our country ...in this current corrupt political system.

Again Laura, Thanks for your civility. That is refreshing!

P.S. -- Oh, I do think Sarah Palin could make those lib dems ''Wet their pants'' ...and more. She is the only one I even semi-trust. They hate her so much....because of her seemingly High Quality value system.

When the MSM (Wacky Katie C., Sawyer, NBC, etc.) attacks any candidate, potential candidate....the way they've attacked Sarah... so mean-spirited, so visiously...as they do.....well, that tells me a lot about that candidate.....that is very attractive....and I don't mean her 'good looks!'

Last edited by quality guy; 07-04-2011 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections