Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:53 PM

562 posts, read 660,840 times

Advertisements

Is this what we have to choose from for our leader? The leader of the most powerful nation on earth? Why can't we throw them all out and FIND someone worthy to lead this country?!

NONE of the people running for President of the United States deserve to be in that seat. These clowns are a laughing stock and should be nixed immediately.

Where are the greats? Are there no more Theodore Roosevelts? Abraham Lincolns?

I may not even vote this time around. These candidates are ridiculous! Throw them out and start over!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,925,318 times
NOW your talking!!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:05 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,773,796 times
I'll admit I like to complain. Who doesn't?

The way I look at it, voting gives me the right to complain. Even if I have to hold my nose, I vote. So if a politician turns to be a lying, incompetent scumbag, that's on him.

Democracy cannot survive unless people vote. People who do not vote are just as bad, if not worse, than the bad politicians. Why? Because non-voters don't even care.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:10 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,408,484 times
exactly, you can tell the worthless POS that you voted, but DID NOT vote for them.. otherwise, if you don't vote, you really shouldn't bother even talking politics. and nobody has to vote for any of the main candidates, it's always an option to write someone in.. Halle Berry would make a damn fine president...

Old 07-24-2007, 06:32 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,224,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
exactly, you can tell the worthless POS that you voted, but DID NOT vote for them.. otherwise, if you don't vote, you really shouldn't bother even talking politics. and nobody has to vote for any of the main candidates, it's always an option to write someone in.. Halle Berry would make a damn fine president...

Its probably better than her acting...Catwoman was terrible..

Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,408,484 times
she acts?

Old 07-24-2007, 06:52 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,089,307 times
You know, in previous years there was always one candidate that really stuck out. I voted for that person. Could care less that he was a Dem or a Rep. He was the person that mostly backed up what I believed in.

The last few years, and specially this year, it's like "I hate this one less then that one. Is it just me?

Old 07-24-2007, 07:12 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,680,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Is this what we have to choose from for our leader? The leader of the most powerful nation on earth? Why can't we throw them all out and FIND someone worthy to lead this country?!

NONE of the people running for President of the United States deserve to be in that seat. These clowns are a laughing stock and should be nixed immediately.

Where are the greats? Are there no more Theodore Roosevelts? Abraham Lincolns?

I may not even vote this time around. These candidates are ridiculous! Throw them out and start over!

I agree, every single candidate has major reasons not to support them. It's a very weak field.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:06 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,454,313 times
I feel like we've been handed six choices, and I am not a die-hard for any of them. How did this happen? How are our politicians narrowed down without a public say-so?

Old 07-24-2007, 10:22 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I feel like we've been handed six choices, and I am not a die-hard for any of them. How did this happen? How are our politicians narrowed down without a public say-so?

Lobbyists, $$$, Belt-way Who-Knows-Who, Corporations, $$$

ie: not the common average American...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
You know, in previous years there was always one candidate that really stuck out. I voted for that person. Could care less that he was a Dem or a Rep. He was the person that mostly backed up what I believed in.

The last few years, and specially this year, it's like "I hate this one less then that one. Is it just me?
Unfortunately, no, you are not alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Very much agree re the voting.

And, lol, yea,,, I'd vote for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I'll admit I like to complain. Who doesn't?

The way I look at it, voting gives me the right to complain. Even if I have to hold my nose, I vote. So if a politician turns to be a lying, incompetent scumbag, that's on him.

Democracy cannot survive unless people vote. People who do not vote are just as bad, if not worse, than the bad politicians. Why? Because non-voters don't even care.
Twenty points to you for that post!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections