Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 10:17 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times

Advertisements

his biggest opposition is romney, who his party hates and has failed in the past.

i understand were not doing hot as a country, but ill probably load up on intrade the next few days for obama in 2012.

i might wait and see if he dips some more, but i dont see how he loses right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
I think Obama believes that someone up there must truly like him because he's one luck SOB. The Republicans need to invest in a clown car because they are going nowhere fast. They are so stuffed with bozos they can't even field ONE nominee in a Republican year.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
his biggest opposition is romney, who his party hates and has failed in the past.

i understand were not doing hot as a country, but ill probably load up on intrade the next few days for obama in 2012.

i might wait and see if he dips some more, but i dont see how he loses right now.
Not worried, the current past rejects and losers that make up the GOP Circus act are no real threat, heck half of them hate the others and once Romney is selected as the GOP Guy, a good number of them are going to write in their new Idols name (PAUL) anyway. Obama will win with ease, The GOP is stuck repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results, the definition of crazy.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:51 AM
pth

274 posts, read 459,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not worried, the current past rejects and losers that make up the GOP Circus act are no real threat, heck half of them hate the others and once Romney is selected as the GOP Guy, a good number of them are going to write in their new Idols name (PAUL) anyway. Obama will win with ease, The GOP is stuck repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results, the definition of crazy.
I can understand not wanting a gop nominee as the president, but this post sounds like youll actually be happy obama is in office for another term. Are you actually excited about that?

Old 11-08-2011, 12:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pth View Post
I can understand not wanting a gop nominee as the president, but this post sounds like youll actually be happy obama is in office for another term. Are you actually excited about that?
When I consider the Alternatives, yes I would much prefer him to stay in office over ANY of them. Being that the GOP cannot come up with a VIABLE Alternative, just repeating the same stupidity they did in 2008, then I will have to repeat my support of Obama. Maybe in 2016 the GOP will have leaned something and come up with a Quality candidate, but right now they showing they are sloooow learners.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:07 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

This certainly makes sense; the evangelical base will accept neither Romney (a "cult" member) or Paul (too socially liberal). There will be many who vote for Paul just as many voted for Nader in 2000, splitting the total and decreasing the chances of either man to win the general election. N.B.: I am NOT saying that LDS is a cult, merely noting that many believe that to be true. A candidate's religion should never have been made a litmus test for governance.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:05 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,952 times
I believe that Obama will lose in 2012....and I believe the country will thrive because of it.

I laugh at the liberals who are calling the race a whole year ahead of time. A LOT can happen in a year...like continued 9 + %.....no upswing in the economy....more and more OWS violence spilling over into the streets in the form of flash mobs...just as we saw in Great Britain not too long ago. Oh...and let's not forget...all of that supported by Obama and Pelosi. God Bless them...right Nancy? hahahaha

The Cain issue is a distraction...but it won't last forever. Eventually the Obama record of incredible failure will come to the forefront...just as it did with Jimmy Carter. The average American voter may be fairly stupid....but even a moron will know come election time that he is NOT better off than he was 4 years earlier, and in fact, he is far WORSE off....with no sign of it getting better.

When that happens, people might forgive a bit of clumsy handling of obstacles that the media has placed in the path of the republican opponent. After all....anything will look better than another 4 years of abject failure by Obama and his crew of misfits. They will say NO to another 4 years of digging this once great nation into the abyss of debt, with the Chinese as our major mortgage holder.

Chuckle all you like now libs...you have another year to enjoy and wallow.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:38 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
I believe that Obama will lose in 2012....and I believe the country will thrive because of it.

I laugh at the liberals who are calling the race a whole year ahead of time. A LOT can happen in a year...like continued 9 + %.....no upswing in the economy....more and more OWS violence spilling over into the streets in the form of flash mobs...just as we saw in Great Britain not too long ago. Oh...and let's not forget...all of that supported by Obama and Pelosi. God Bless them...right Nancy? hahahaha

The Cain issue is a distraction...but it won't last forever. Eventually the Obama record of incredible failure will come to the forefront...just as it did with Jimmy Carter. The average American voter may be fairly stupid....but even a moron will know come election time that he is NOT better off than he was 4 years earlier, and in fact, he is far WORSE off....with no sign of it getting better.

When that happens, people might forgive a bit of clumsy handling of obstacles that the media has placed in the path of the republican opponent. After all....anything will look better than another 4 years of abject failure by Obama and his crew of misfits. They will say NO to another 4 years of digging this once great nation into the abyss of debt, with the Chinese as our major mortgage holder.

Chuckle all you like now libs...you have another year to enjoy and wallow.
im voting for ron paul and would go cain before obama, just to make sure you werent referencing me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections