Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 12:59 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
That was '08. People were still convinced that we needed to be policing the world and that our economy was fine with just a little bump in the road. People are now realizing that Ron Paul was right then and he is right now. His support is growing!
Tami...ya gotta luv ya. Your reputation count (101) proves members like what you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 01:22 AM

369 posts, read 942,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Why (how) do you think Paul can get the Repub nomination? He only got 10% in '08....and dropped out?
paul can ride the tea party wave.

you have republicans who are fed up with the bloated government.

younger republicans care a lot more about economic issues than social issues.

some republicans just want somebody who can beat obama but at the same time don't want a progressive light candidate (romney).

i think paul's hurdle is the evangelical republican.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
paul can ride the tea party wave.

you have republicans who are fed up with the bloated government.

younger republicans care a lot more about economic issues than social issues.

some republicans just want somebody who can beat obama but at the same time don't want a progressive light candidate (romney).

i think paul's hurdle is the evangelical republican.
Paul's hurdle is the Republican 'big shots'...who call the shots. They won't let a Libertarian be their nominee. That is fact.

And true, The Christian's don't trust or support a man who supports drug legalization...and prostitution.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 AM

313 posts, read 834,227 times
Quote:
Paul's hurdle is the Republican 'big shots'...who call the shots. They won't let a Libertarian be their nominee. That is fact.

And true, The Christian's don't trust or support a man who supports drug legalization...and prostitution.
He supports the federal government getting out of those issues. The Constitution left those issues up to the states but the federal government has ignored the Constitution! Just because the federal government got out of regulating that, it does not mean that it would be legal. I do believe that most (if not all, I don't know for sure so I can't claim all as a fact) States have laws against drugs and prostitution. What is so horrible about the federal government giving up the power that it should not have?

btw, I am a Christian and consider myself a very conservative Christian. I also happen to be a fan of liberty and believe that God gave us the right to choose for ourselves so why should we allow our government to take that God given right away. We as a nation have become complacent in letting our government take our rights away because its not something we want to partake in. What happens when the government does start limiting your choices, the things that matter to you? You were fine giving other people's rights away, why would they help you keep yours?

Last edited by StampinTami; 07-27-2011 at 03:01 AM.. Reason: added

Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
He supports the federal government getting out of those issues. The Constitution left those issues up to the states but the federal government has ignored the Constitution! Just because the federal government got out of regulating that, it does not mean that it would be legal. I do believe that most (if not all, I don't know for sure so I can't claim all as a fact) States have laws against drugs and prostitution. What is so horrible about the federal government giving up the power that it should not have?

Read these links. Below

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
I just don't like his or his idiot son's Anti-Israel stances. Their supporters keep claiming that Paul "is Pro-Israel"

but Paul bashes Israel like crazy, including comparing Israel to Nazi Germany. He's also a suck up to the Palestinians and terrorists in general.

Ron Paul Is A Vicious Anti-Semite and Conservatives Need To Wash Their Hands of Him
Ron Paul's Anti-Israel Record and the Republican Primaries | Politicker NJ
GOP Jewish Coalition Rips Ron Paul as Anti-Israel. You Don't Know the Half of It.
Ron Paul: Gaza is a Concentration Camp, Israel is Starving Palestinians - Charles Johnson - The Lizard Annex - True/Slant

Enough said, I believe
Here's an exert from one link.

http://www.politickernj.com/alan-ste...ican-primaries

''Paul’s message speaks for itself: Hamas is not a terrorist organization, in spite of its launching of over 1,000 rockets against citizens of Israel. The United States should not support Israel in its campaign of retaliation against a vile terrorist organization whose "Culture Minister", Atallah Abu Al-Subh greeted the news of 9-11 with the words, "Allah has answered our prayers." And campaign donations from neo-Nazis will be welcomed.
In view of this record of Ron Paul, why would gubernatorial candidate Steve Lonegan and 23rd District State Senate candidate Mike Doherty enthusiastically accept the endorsement of Ron Paul ? Furthermore, why would Mike Doherty have actually made the horrendous misjudgment to support Ron Paul for President in 2008 ?
In terms of Republican conservatism
Paul’s message speaks for itself: Hamas is not a terrorist organization, in spite of its launching of over 1,000 rockets against citizens of Israel. The United States should not support Israel in its campaign of retaliation against a vile terrorist organization whose "Culture Minister", Atallah Abu Al-Subh greeted the news of 9-11 with the words, "Allah has answered our prayers." And campaign donations from neo-Nazis will be welcomed.
In view of this record of Ron Paul, why would gubernatorial candidate Steve Lonegan and 23rd District State Senate candidate Mike Doherty enthusiastically accept the endorsement of Ron Paul ? Furthermore, why would Mike Doherty have actually made the horrendous misjudgment to support Ron Paul for President in 2008 ?''

Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Read these links. Below

Here's an exert from one link.

''Paul’s message speaks for itself: Hamas is not a terrorist organization, in spite of its launching of over 1,000 rockets against citizens of Israel. The United States should not support Israel in its campaign of retaliation against a vile terrorist organization whose "Culture Minister", Atallah Abu Al-Subh greeted the news of 9-11 with the words, "Allah has answered our prayers." And campaign donations from neo-Nazis will be welcomed.
In view of this record of Ron Paul, why would gubernatorial candidate Steve Lonegan and 23rd District State Senate candidate Mike Doherty enthusiastically accept the endorsement of Ron Paul ? Furthermore, why would Mike Doherty have actually made the horrendous misjudgment to support Ron Paul for President in 2008 ?
In terms of Republican conservatism
Paul’s message speaks for itself: Hamas is not a terrorist organization, in spite of its launching of over 1,000 rockets against citizens of Israel. The United States should not support Israel in its campaign of retaliation against a vile terrorist organization whose "Culture Minister", Atallah Abu Al-Subh greeted the news of 9-11 with the words, "Allah has answered our prayers." And campaign donations from neo-Nazis will be welcomed.
In view of this record of Ron Paul, why would gubernatorial candidate Steve Lonegan and 23rd District State Senate candidate Mike Doherty enthusiastically accept the endorsement of Ron Paul ? Furthermore, why would Mike Doherty have actually made the horrendous misjudgment to support Ron Paul for President in 2008 ?''
1st link:
Ron Paul Is A Vicious Anti-Semite and Conservatives Need To Wash Their Hands of Him
Absolutely nothing from Ron Paul himself. They made mention of a sponsored bill but did not even link to it. The only link to back up anything that they said was to another story that they wrote talking about a small group of RP supporters. Complete FAIL!
2nd link:
The author conveniently left out the part about RP condemning the rockets being shot into Israel from Gaza. Did you read the comments on this article. There are only 4 and it sums up pretty good why RP thinks we need to get out of Israels business.
3rd link:
GOP Jewish Coalition Rips Ron Paul as Anti-Israel. You Don't Know the Half of It.
The concentration camp remark with the link to back it up took you to the same story. FAIL! No one has proved that he wrote those newsletters and he has said repeatedly that he had no involvement with them. Other than that there really wasn't anything in that article. RP believes that we should just get out of it. Israel would be a stronger nation if we weren't butting into their affairs and giving their enemies more $$ than we give them. They wouldn't have to come running to the U.S. to get permission to do what they want to do. Why should they have to? Israel has the means to take care of themselves.
4th link:
Ron Paul: Gaza is a Concentration Camp, Israel is Starving Palestinians - Charles Johnson - The Lizard Annex - True/Slant
Again, he is stating we should stay out of it!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Read these links. Below
Why did you quote me and then ignore everything that I had said?

Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Why did you quote me and then ignore everything that I had said?

NO man or woman is TRUSTWORTHY, Period. I firmly believe we have come to this time where you had better put ALL your Faith and Trust in God. People in politics...and Politics...is so CORRUPT...and what more evidence does anyone need....after Clinton, Dubya Bush and now Obama...have shown and been such LIARS.

Tami, most of the world is blinded and deceived....and in DENIAL.

That's all I can tell you....and KNOW IT'S FACT...and true.

Your choice!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
As of now, July 21, 2011....None of the candidates entered on the Republican side....has any serious chance of beating Barack Obama in 2012.
Heck, no one is even interested in their bios!!!

LOL

Old 07-27-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
NO man or woman is TRUSTWORTHY, Period. I firmly believe we have come to this time where you had better put ALL your Faith and Trust in God. People in politics...and Politics...is so CORRUPT...and what more evidence does anyone need....after Clinton, Dubya Bush and now Obama...have shown and been such LIARS.

Tami, most of the world is blinded and deceived....and in DENIAL.

That's all I can tell you....and KNOW IT'S FACT...and true.

Your choice!
I do put my Faith and Trust in God but I also believe that it my duty to vote. Yes, Clinton, Dubya and Obama are liars but did they have a solid voting record to go along with the claims that they made? NO! They did not. Ron Paul does what he says he will do. I may not agree with everything that he says BUT I know from his past votes that he will not sway. He has over 20 years of being truthful in politics and I am choosing to vote for that over all the other candidates and potential candidates that change their mind based upon which way the wind is blowing.

and again, you changed the conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections