Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 07:54 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post
DEMOCRATS have ZERO credibility where the poor, blacks, etc are concerned. ZERO.
The republicans are the party that care about the poor and the blacks? Thanks for the Lulz!

Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Yes the GOP has had problems bring blacks onboard but i think that is soon to change. See my previous reply for why. Think nobody has been noticing? Think again.
It may, but it will be meaningless without a dramatic change in the Latino vote. We're talking of a population headed towards being 3x the black vote. Last i checked, quantity rules.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 PM

494 posts, read 804,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The republicans are the party that care about the poor and the blacks? Thanks for the Lulz!

I posted the proof. The end! lol

Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It may, but it will be meaningless without a dramatic change in the Latino vote. We're talking of a population headed towards being 3x the black vote. Last i checked, quantity rules.

Most Latino's i have ever known tend to be more on thee social conservative side. One of a few reasons why i don't understand the GOP's view ofcourse i know when neocons ( not true conservatives ) there is always ulterior motives behind it as well. meh.. With them i admit i am not as certain?

Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Most Latino's i have ever known tend to be more on thee social conservative side.
The polls of 2012 Latinos told me your Latinos you know are the reverse mirror image of the overall Latino population.

2012 sent a very clear message-it remains to be seen whether the party will become sane enough to rectify this fatal problem.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The polls of 2012 Latinos told me your Latinos you know are the reverse mirror image of the overall Latino population.

2012 sent a very clear message-it remains to be seen whether the party will become sane enough to rectify this fatal problem.

I did not say they voted republican. I said *most* i have known tend to be more on the conservative side. That did not mean they were voting republican. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
I did not say they voted republican. I said *most* i have known tend to be more on the conservative side. That did not mean they were voting republican. Thanks.
I lived in Texas for quite a while and even dated some ladies who were first generation Americans. I would pretty much agree with you. They are almost all Catholic, and not like the Catholics in my neighborhood in Indiana who swill booze and gamble. These were the devout Catholics. Pro-life and all of that.

With that said, they generally voted Democrat because most of them were working class people who were members of unions and were big believers in the labor movement. Cesar Chavez is an icon in those parts.

I think like most people, you will find that their everyday living and economics trumps their ideology. They vote Democrat because that is the party talking about issues that REALLY impact their lives, such as amnesty, income inequality, and workers' rights, instead of things like abortion and gay marriage.

Now, you can argue whether they are on the right side of those issues, but the fact remains, those are more important issues to them. The GOP would be better served to show a little compassion on those issues if they want to swing some of those votes. They already have the fundamentalist vote so I don't understand why they are so hell bent on making abortion and gay marriage an issue.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I lived in Texas for quite a while and even dated some ladies who were first generation Americans. I would pretty much agree with you. They are almost all Catholic, and not like the Catholics in my neighborhood in Indiana who swill booze and gamble. These were the devout Catholics. Pro-life and all of that.

With that said, they generally voted Democrat because most of them were working class people who were members of unions and were big believers in the labor movement. Cesar Chavez is an icon in those parts.

I think like most people, you will find that their everyday living and economics trumps their ideology. They vote Democrat because that is the party talking about issues that REALLY impact their lives, such as amnesty, income inequality, and workers' rights, instead of things like abortion and gay marriage.

Now, you can argue whether they are on the right side of those issues, but the fact remains, those are more important issues to them. The GOP would be better served to show a little compassion on those issues if they want to swing some of those votes. They already have the fundamentalist vote so I don't understand why they are so hell bent on making abortion and gay marriage an issue.
Goes back to what i have been saying a bit on here recently and thus the neoconservatives. It is all just a effort to garner support ( which is starting to fail miserably ) for the neoconservative agenda. neoconservatives have little care for religion etc. They just want them votes to keep the war machine going. Watch and see how they change tactics in future elections to attract dem voters. Reasons why Obama is now basically Bush's twin on those matters. The sooner people in this country figure this all out the better off we all will be. As for Unions? They serve a purpose but need to be kept in check and thus one of those who support RTW which still ALLOWS them but the Union has to work harder for the worker if they want their paying support. Thus how it should be. See Detroit MI for a perfect example of what happens when they have too much control. As said as well social issues have been nothing but deflections for and from both parties which helps keep the eye off the 8 ball and thus main game which we have been doing horrible with and thus economic issues be it jobs, government expansion, spending, foreign aide, foreign policy, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections