Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:19 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,186,706 times

Advertisements

If Sarah Palin runs it will be to dilute the voting pool. She will definitely pull votes away from Bachmann and Ron Paul. She will also pull votes away from Rick Perry to some extent as far as the fundamentalit religious right. I don't see her pulling many from Mitt Romney. I have given you the basics, y'all figure it out from here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If Sarah Palin runs it will be to dilute the voting pool. She will definitely pull votes away from Bachmann and Ron Paul. She will also pull votes away from Rick Perry to some extent as far as the fundamentalit religious right. I don't see her pulling many from Mitt Romney. I have given you the basics, y'all figure it out from here.
And might that not be Karl Rove's intention?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:43 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,880,995 times
Quote:
I can see Palin pulling votes from Romney, Perry or Bachman (traditional neocons no matter how you paint them) - I don't see them pulling from Paul though.

Sarah may be the enamored of the "new" Tea Party but since the Tea Party was co-opted by Fox I don't think they have much to do with the original movement or Dr. Paul.

I could be wrong though, after all the political season is officially started and all bets are off!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And might that not be Karl Rove's intention?

It's what they did last time to get McCain nominated. Thompson and Guilianni didn't even try, they just diluted to voting. Then they kept Huckabee in to pull the votes from Romney. McCain could never have gotten nominated without the careful orchestration of the GOP. He was a sacrifice nominee at that.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I can see Palin pulling votes from Romney, Perry or Bachman (traditional neocons no matter how you paint them) - I don't see them pulling from Paul though.

Sarah may be the enamored of the "new" Tea Party but since the Tea Party was co-opted by Fox I don't think they have much to do with the original movement or Dr. Paul.

I could be wrong though, after all the political season is officially started and all bets are off!

I wouldn't have thought so either, but at anothe site I post on, there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters and many of them also support Palin as a second choice.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,666,007 times
Quote:
I wouldn't have thought so either, but at anothe site I post on, there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters and many of them also support Palin as a second choice.

Here's what many of you don't seem to grasp. Sarah Palin strikes a moral cord with many grassroot Americans....who have been looking for a God fearing man or woman to return to the White House....since the departure of Ronald W. Reagan. - Say what you will...mock. ridicule, etc., but millions of Americans just finally felt a strong sense of trust...and confidence in our country...when Reagan was President. And Sarah Palin reminds a lot of folks of those days. There has seemed to be a genuine zeal for rebuilding a broken America.... in Palin....like was in Reagan, that none of the other candidates exude.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post

I happen to agree she will pull votes from Bachmann and probably Perry, maybe Romney but not Paul. Now I ask, is it necessary to throw the comment in about the Tea Party and Fox? BTW, in case you don't watch FOX< Pawlenty was their guy (at least for some of them that made in obvious)

Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
It's what they did last time to get McCain nominated. Thompson and Guilianni didn't even try, they just diluted to voting. Then they kept Huckabee in to pull the votes from Romney. McCain could never have gotten nominated without the careful orchestration of the GOP. He was a sacrifice nominee at that.
I somewhat agree wtih you, but if they are doing this (well Rove anyway) why are they attempting to get Paul Ryan, Chirstie or someone else to run and why do they want to delete the pool? What is the advanatage? As for 2008 and Thompson; that was simple and he didn't pull many votes from anyone as he never made any showing to speak of, he simply got roped into running and never wanted it to begin with.

Nita

Old 08-23-2011, 12:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,967,414 times
Just curious, but how can Palin pull votes away from anyone? There will be only ONE GOP candidate in the election so no one is pulling any votes away from anyone else unless they run as an Independent which would ensure that neither they or the GOP candidate stands a chance of winning. The GOP will descide who that candidate will be, you can show support for one over the others but it will comes down to th GOP leadership making the choice in the end.
Casper

Old 08-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Here's what many of you don't seem to grasp. Sarah Palin strikes a moral cord with many grassroot Americans....who have been looking for a God fearing man or woman to return to the White House....since the departure of Ronald W. Reagan. - Say what you will...mock. ridicule, etc., but millions of Americans just finally felt a strong sense of trust...and confidence in our country...when Reagan was President. And Sarah Palin reminds a lot of folks of those days. There has seemed to be a genuine zeal for rebuilding a broken America.... in Palin....like was in Reagan, that none of the other candidates exude.

I understand it, I don't really feel the same way but I understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections