Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

This is NOT what we need.

Quote:

He says whatever people want to hear and promises them whatever they want to be promised. He takes care of his fat cat donors. He makes millions for himself until eventually he cashes in and leaves town. He will throw the interests and needs of his contituents under the bus. School teachers lose their jobs. Class sizes across the state increases. Children are robbed of educational opportunities. Slick Rick's mean and lean economic policies continue to chip away at the sustainability and dignity of the elderly's final years of life.

Texas leads the nation in low end minimum-wage jobs. Some 550,000 workers last year were paid at or below the federal $7.25 minimum wage, more than double the number making those wages in 2008 (CNNMoney.com, Bureau of Labor Statistics)

Texas shares with Mississippi the dubious title of having the highest percentage of minimum wage workers in the U.S., 9.5% (CNNMoney.com, 8/12/11).

Many of those Texas positions don't offer health benefits. Even with these new low level jobs, because of Texas' population growth, it would need to create another 629,000 jobs or 5.6% more positions just to reach its pre-recession employment level (Economic Policy Institute).

Doug Hall, who works at the Economic Policy Institute, stated, "They (Texans) have a long way to go before they get back to a positive place." Texas also has other resources most states don't that have nothing to do with Gov. Perry. Texas is rich in natural resources and has benefited from the high price of oil and gas exploration (CNNMoney.com).

Gov. Perry also signed a Tea Party- type budget in 5/2011 that slashes $15 billion in spending over the next two years. This budget could result in the loss of 100,000 jobs. Thousands of teachers, a vital investment in Texas' future, are already feeling the impact of more than $5 billion in cuts to education funding (CNNMoney.com).

Fiscal "hawk" Perry fought against raising taxes. However, he didn't mind raising the state's debt from zero, when he took over, to $37.8 billion in 2010 (Recio, McClatchy Newspapers, 8/12/11).

Burnt Orange Report: Rick Perry is a Ponzi Scheme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 09:44 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
what a load of political liberal spin!

The budget was cut because the NATIONAL ECONOMY THAT BAMMER HAS RUINED STINKS!
Texas has created 40% of all the jobs created in the USA in the last 14 months!
Texas high unemployment is NOT about Texas it is about the utter misery in liberal states that has driven tens of thousands from those states to move to TEXAS.

Cant one single liberal just ONCE tell the truth?????????

Old 09-02-2011, 09:46 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
what a load of political liberal spin!

The budget was cut because the NATIONAL ECONOMY THAT BAMMER HAS RUINED STINKS!
Texas has created 40% of all the jobs created in the USA in the last 14 months!
Texas high unemployment is NOT about Texas it is about the utter misery in liberal states that has driven tens of thousands from those states to move to TEXAS.

Cant one single liberal just ONCE tell the truth?????????
40 percent means nothing if they are all minimum wage jobs.

ive got bigger problems with perry though.

he seems to love illegals and the idea of mexico and the united states combining together.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
40 percent means nothing if they are all minimum wage jobs.
7.xx > 0.00

Can any math whizzes confirm this for me?

Quote:

ive got bigger problems with perry though.
You know, I'm totally on the fence with Perry. If libs continue to attack him, I'll have to reinvestigate that and vote for the first (R) for president in my life. Have always written in or voted third party before.

Quote:
he seems to love illegals and the idea of mexico and the united states combining together.
Meh, 6 in one hand (Obama) half dozen in the other (Perry)

Old 09-02-2011, 10:04 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
7.xx > 0.00

You know, I'm totally on the fence with Perry. If libs continue to attack him, I'll have to reinvestigate that and vote for the first (R) for president in my life. Have always written in or voted third party before.

Meh, 6 in one hand (Obama) half dozen in the other (Perry)
Liberals don't like Perry because they see him as being a Religious Fundie Neocon.

They don't like Paul because of his desire for a smaller fed.

Bachmann is just plain crazy, there are just too many reasons to list for her.

Romney - he has done a good job about being vague.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Liberals don't like Perry because they see him as being a Religious Fundie Neocon.
Won't matter in a depressed economy.

Quote:
They don't like Paul because of his desire for a smaller fed.
uber-liberal HuffPo posters would disagree. Some are even (gasp) rediscovering the "individual responsibility" mantra.

Quote:
Bachmann is just plain crazy, there are just too many reasons to list for her.
She's going nowhere.

Quote:
Romney - he has done a good job about being vague.
^ this

Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
7.xx > 0.00

Confirmed

Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
The Democratic smear machine is ramping up just like they did with Palin.

I guess we can take it that means the Democrats have that cold feeling in the pits of their stomachs that Perry will take the WH in 2012.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Won't matter in a depressed economy.

^ this
Fighting foreign wars in a depressed economy is not going to help the economy. That is the greatest fear with Perry. (NeoCon). Just Bush 2.0.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,546 times
I think you will find that a lot of independents will go for Romney. He seems the least controversial of all candidates, including BO. He is keeping a low profile, smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections