Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:33 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You totally invalidate your post with this ridiculous remark. Obama has lost support with factions of his base for his moving way too far right to appease the radical right wing.

He would have allowed "The Bush Tax Cuts for The Rich" to expire and he would have pushed harder for "The Public Option", among other things, if he was "far to the left". Anyone that is not as radical and religion based as people like Perry are considered too far left by the wingnuts.
Obama moved away from the far left because he didn't have the power to execute from his preferred position. He wasted all of his power on healthcare reform, which hasn't improved the life of a single American. The progressives that are unhappy with Obama are naive to think he could just deliver on all of his campaign promises by making scripted speeches. He has to convince Congress to deliver bills to him that he can sign.

Congress isn't so obedient. The 2010 elections made it impossible for Obama to have his way. And Obama now knows that if wants to get even the tiniest thing done, he has to concede turf to Republicans. Obama actually did what the progressives wanted by focusing on healthcare. But the progressives lost big now - because the individual mandate is unlikely to survive court challenges - and they lost control of Congress.

The progressives should look in the mirror. That's where the blame belongs, not with their chosen President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
And more Perry uglies.

Perry 'squashed' Texas execution probe, ex-official says - CNN.com

Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times
Congress are the ones killing the economy they have shut down everything Obama has brought to the table. I saw a poll on MSNBC the other day 67% of americans want all of Congress replaced I totally agree with this poll I really think it should be more like 75% to 80%

Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The left will vote left and the right will vote right, it is the middle that makes the difference and right now the vast majority (all but Paul) of GOP candidates are not an alternative to what we already have, are you really happy with the curret choices? Maybe the GOP should find better candidates in the future, I thought the 2008 elections would have taught them that lesson, I see I was wrong, unfortunately.
Casper

I think we have some very good candidates and to be honest I would just about vote for Bozo the Clown complete with clown shoes rather than see Obama get back in. How can anyone that voted for Obama criticize anyone's candidates...lol. It's really laughable.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:32 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Because Florida.bob and other progs cannot stop slandering Peryy on the issue of capital punishment I am re-re-posting this information.

Just so those who like actual factual truth get some...

in the state of Texas, the Governor of the state can only grant celmency if the Texas Board of Pardons recomends shuch action. Other than that the Gov. can only grant a 30 day stay. if the 30 days exprires without a court action, the execution proceeds.

The Texas Gov. does not have the power to just grant anything he wishes in relation to executions.

See below from teh legal statue

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/...5&ch=143&rl=57

See below for the Texas Constituion in particular
Article 4 Section 11 Sub-Section B

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...N/htm/CN.4.htm

Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times

Rick Perry Physically Intimidating Ron Paul - YouTube

Old 09-09-2011, 06:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I think we have some very good candidates and to be honest I would just about vote for Bozo the Clown complete with clown shoes rather than see Obama get back in. How can anyone that voted for Obama criticize anyone's candidates...lol. It's really laughable.
As I said, the right (that would be you) will vote for the right, no matter how low quality their candidates are, my opinion of them except for Paul. Speaking of which, if you atctually believe any of the other candidates will draw many Independent voters to their camp you are going to get a very rude awakening in 2012.
Casper

Old 09-09-2011, 07:23 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
lol at "Perry for Leader"

Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post

Ron Paul Responds to Finger Pointing Rick Perry Photos: "I Don't Even Recall the Moment" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections