Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 07:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,087,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Still waiting to see how people, especially those making minimum wage or paltry salaries in general, are supposed to be able to afford to insure themselves and their families.
It's called "The affordable care act" aka. obamacare.

Or are you admitting that it is a farce?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:22 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,188,271 times
Cruelty is fun, isn't it?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
In your world looking at it 'through the eyes of a leftie'...really means looking at it through the eyes of someone who is not a brainwashed/dead right-wing nut...So I'll keep it straight for you 'alphamale'....ROFL. I am curious, how did you become 'alphamale', are you the leader of a boy scout troop or something? Were you top dog at band camp?
In a perfect world, the leftie/liberal/progressive mentality would work.

Oh...and without that pesky Constitution.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,315,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

I know even 'alphamales' need help with basic reading comprehension from time to time.

They were making the point that there are working people whom cannot afford healthcare, thus why we shouldn't follow the tea-tard/Republican plan to just let them suffer and die if they cannot afford health insurance, or go find a church to help them.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:25 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,315,212 times
Quote:
In a perfect world, the leftie/liberal/progressive mentality would work.

Oh...and without that pesky Constitution.
The constitution the right-wingers crapped all over during the Bush regime?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,708,968 times
Quote:

As of today, Sept. 13, 2011, it is a nonentity.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Cruelty is fun, isn't it?
The cruelty came from the dems when they promised utopia with "the affordable care act".

Now you're all complaining about the cost of insurance?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 PM

121 posts, read 299,888 times
Just to let everyone know, not all TP members are Christians. Some feel they have to act like a radical Republican, they are posers playing a part, kinda like the extreme Liberals who feel they have to have the most liberal of ideas and come up with outrageous things. Its like a disorder in a way and also like the loner kid in school trying to develop a style or persona to fit in.

I'm sure half the tea party members don't even attend church or pray at home or even think about God before they speak or act on anything. Some people are raised without manners,compassion,God, and values.

I'm a realist btw.

I wonder how many Republicans actually have health insurance. I doubt all those small town rural Repubs have great med.insurance. There is personal responsibility but then there is paying too much money for insurance when its expensive enough just to live. I'm not a fan of handing over my hard earned money, I think it should be cheap. Maybe I'm just the odd Republican out, I like to make and keep my money.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
As of today, Sept. 13, 2011, it is a nonentity.
Why? How?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,188,271 times
Churches covering health care? um yeah .....

Woman with cancer: "Pastor Bob, I've been a member of this congregation for years. You know that my husband left me without any health insurance ...... well, I've just found out that I have brain cancer ..... I need an expensive operation, but can't afford it now that there is no Medicare or Medicaid. They think it will cost me about $225,000 for the operation and hospitalization ...... but then I'm going to need in-home care for months ..... if the cancer comes back, I might be fighting this for years! It might cost millions! Could you please help me ..... those nice conservative boys on TV said that churches would pay for our health care after Medicare had been sold off."

Pastor Bob, looking through the pictures of new SUVs at the local car dealership: "Hmmmm? What were you saying, Ellen? Oh yeah, you need a few million in health care ...... heh, sure, whatever ..... I'll have to get back to you on that later. Hey, do you think a Red Yukon Denali would be too flashy for a preacher?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections