Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 06:53 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wow, listen to these fools. Ron Paul is out of his mind. He actually thinks churches will pay peoples medical bills. The teabagger crowd cheered for this nonsense and the rest of the candidates appeared to agree. Just let the uninsured die, which includes children. It's a damn shame that we've reached this point where people such as this are vying for an opportunity to be the leader of our country.

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die

How about this. Lets equalize taxes across the board, by doing away with the federal income taxes which about 4-50% depending on who to believe pays nothing into, and put in a vat tax.

OR, here's another idea, no more income tax refunds, tax shelters, everyone pays 25%?

Why you ask? Because the government has no money other than what it collects from the people. Right now they are running a deficit. And you want to add to that debt? Who pays? we do. Your children do.

If I chose to not have health insurance, and I get sick, is it YOUR job to pay for me? If you believe that, get together with a group of people who believe the same, start putting that money together that you want to give out, in an account, and start paying people's medical bills.

Now, if you are not in a position to have gotten health insurance, I can be a bit more understanding, but millions of people who think that they are better than everyone else, so healthy, etc etc, and because of that, they don't need to spend a couple hundred dollars a month towards health insurance, even though they could easily do so, and then whammo.. They find themselves in the hospital.

Have you read the constitution? WHERE does it say that the government will pay for your medical bills, because you were too stupid to come in out of acid rain?

Again, if circumstances are that you CHOSE not to have health insurance just so you could save a few dollars, then I personally think you are on your own. Why should the 19 year old kid working 2 part time jobs to pay for college, be forced to have more taxes taken out on them to pay your medical expenses..

Now here comes the next cry, "Tax the rich". You do that. When they all leave, you get to pay their share AND yours.

Quote:
Who pays how much

To put it in numbers, according to the analysis, the top 1 percent of earners account for 20.3 percent of total personal income in the United States and pay 21.5 percent of all federal and state taxes. The middle 20 percent of households earn 11.6 percent of US income and pay 10.3 percent of taxes. The lowest 20 percent account for just 3.5 percent of income, and pay 2 percent of all taxes.
Hmm the top 1 percent pays a bit over 20% of the income taxes, and 21.5% of federal and state taxes.

So I guess the question is, Since the top 1% already pay over 20% of the country's taxes, how much MORE do you want to steal from them?

I feel a flat tax is really the only way to. You get to keep your whole check, and every pays their share when purchasing goods and services, with the exception of food and medicine. Even the criminal element who pays no taxes now, ends up contributing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,411,375 times
Let's keep this in its proper context. The applause was NOT deafening - it wasn't even close to a quarter of the people (in the audience) that applauded. You could tell it was about two or three people. But, either way - those two or three people were major a$$holes.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Let's keep this in its proper context. The applause was NOT deafening - it wasn't even close to a quarter of the people (in the audience) that applauded. You could tell it was about two or three people. But, either way - those two or three people were major a$$holes.
Exactly. The headline is completely misleading. The whole audience didn't erupt into cheering, it was just a few vocal individuals.

You can't have an honest discussion when you take the actions of the occasional nutjob and cast that attitude across an entire group. A jerk showing up to a rally with an inappropriate sign or t-shirt is just one jerk and he/she doesn't speak for the person standing next to them.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
believe it or not, that comment you made right there, well, look back into history and know, that this has been going on since the beginning of time...you've got so so so many people in Washington, each thinking they are running the show...it's complete greed, entitlement, and self preservation....ya know who really runs this country...all the billionaires...who have the money, who have drained us dry...and by keeping us at each other's throats is a steadfast way to continue what they are doing.
Instead of pointing fingers and blaming, why aren't we asking questions, like....

Who is accountable for giving out our money and overseeing that money, once it's paid out...

Is there anyone in Washington who is held accountable for using our money to take personal vacations, host extravegant parties...purchase homes, and funiture for those public buildings...if we knew, actually knew where all our money was going, we'd probably have heart attacks...does anyone really know? No, of course not?

As in any household, there needs to be a budget, and cut backs, however, you don't cut back on firemen, or police protection, you cut back on giving money to save earth worms....period.

We need to instill a one line veto so these people in Washington are not able to pass bills with payouts hidden in these bills for one thing....there are so many ways to fix these problems, but no one wants to roll up they're sleeves and do it,,,,ahhh, but it's so much easier to point fingers and blame.

We're all in this together, and if we don't start working together, this is never going to get fixed...and the first thing we need to do, is educate ourselves, so we have some idea of what's going on....

All I see are blame posts, which dictates to me, those people pointing fingers are not informed, and all they can do is blame....in anger....I see very few people in these forums, actually stating what's wrong and how we can fix things...one baby step at a time....

It has taken centuries for us to get to this point, and it's going to take a long time to fix it, if it can be fixed....?

There is way to much greed in this world, and way to many extremists who make comments against everyone else, and yet, they want DC to take care of us...make our decissions for us, wipe our butts for us...."WE GAVE THEM THE POWER TO ROB US BLIND". We are just as bad as the next one, and if I hear anyone else say "OHHHHH, well, if you don't vote you don't have a right to complain"....how unintelligent is that comment???? Look at what they give us to vote for? Anyone decent comes in to run, they ruin them with fake rummors of infidelity, or call each other cheaters.

And how bout all those hate political adds on TV? All that money wasted to put commercials on TV discrediting the other opponent???? I mean, do you really want someone in office who does that? They're all snakes...at our expense?????? Why isn't anyone else in this country getting this?

OK, LOL, I'm through venting...thanks so much for allowing me to...

Seriously Folks?????
your post makes absolute since and I would be willing to accept many ideas about cuts and spending but I will not allow the tea party to destroy Obama for upsetting their racist view of the world. The tea party is the present problem. Get rid of them and things can move forward.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
your post makes absolute since and I would be willing to accept many ideas about cuts and spending but I will not allow the tea party to destroy Obama for upsetting their racist view of the world. The tea party is the present problem. Get rid of them and things can move forward.
thanks,
my brother is law is a libratarian....I don't agree with everything he believes in, but there is a lot I do agree with...not every tea party member is a racist...if they don't like what Obama is doing, they're allowed to not like it...that doesn't make them racists...I don't like Obama, but I'm not a racist, I dislike what the man has done...not what the color, religion hasn't done, and that's my right, doesn't mean I'm a racist...I like some of the things the tea party stands for, other things I don't, but they're not racists b/c of they're beliefs....Jackie Kennedy didn't like what Martin Luther King said about her husband, that doesn't make her a racist....

Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Your right, it was not a major unanimous shout out.
Paul is a doctor and has taken an oath for such. As he stated, folks were never turned away from the hospital
he worked at.

At least Paul was honest about his desire to bring it back to before days of greedy HMO's and corrupt corporate medicine.

Obamacare just gave private health insurance/
pharmaceutical companies free reign
to wreak havoc on our citizens financially under the guise of health care delivery, like they have done for decades.
Compassion/decency never had anything to do with it.
It's simply about profits.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Your right, it was not a major unanimous shout out.
Paul is a doctor and has taken an oath for such. As he stated, folks were never turned away from the hospital
he worked at.

At least Paul was honest about his desire to bring it back to before days of greedy HMO's and corrupt corporate medicine.

Obamacare just gave private health insurance/
pharmaceutical companies free reign
to wreak havoc on our citizens financially under the guise of health care delivery, like they have done for decades.
Compassion/decency never had anything to do with it.
It's simply about profits.
your absolutely right, who cares anymore about the consumer?

again I say...in jest..."hello, my name is Peggy, how can I help you"....

Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
your absolutely right, who cares anymore about the consumer?

again I say...in jest..."hello, my name is Peggy, how can I help you"....
Are you an advocate of corporate medicine because I'm not. Don't know if that's what your getting at in your post...

Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 AM

I would love to see some constructive and productive comments from people on this thread, as to how things can be changed...it is definately apparent that DC is not working...so, what do we do? How do we change things...and the answer isn't by throwing an entire party out...how do we start making people accountable, how do we get some reputable people in Washington who are going to work together for the people.

It is apparent, that no matter what Obama tries to do from this point on, it ain't going to happen, b/c the Repulican's will stand in his way, and if there was a Repulican in the White House right now, due to this being an election years, the Democrates would do the same thing to him...so what do we do to stop this...it's crazy, it's kindergarden, and non productive...we've got huge problems going on out there, what do we do to fix this country? And please no bashing parties...lets each of us, think of one thing which could be done to change things, how do we get honest people in Washington, without the big guys slandering them, b/c they are good guys and not puppets...?

And by the way, I didn't like anyone on the debate the other night...and I'm an independent, so I'm on the fence right now...and was the last election...

People what is this concept with women, "ohhhhh I'm voting for so and so cuz she's a woman"?????????? Geeze Louise?????? Or I'm voting for Obama, b/c he's black...or for so and so, b/c he's this or that, what about loyality, integrity...experience?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
.how do we start making people accountable, how do we get some reputable people in Washington who are going to work together for the people.

how do we get honest people in Washington, without the big guys slandering them, b/c they are good guys and not puppets...?

And by the way, I didn't like anyone on the debate the other night...
Start at the local level and voting for Ron Paul would
be a start
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections