Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Start at the local level and voting for Ron Paul would
be a start
ok, why? Lets discuss his qualifications and why you would vote for him...why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Are you an advocate of corporate medicine because I'm not. Don't know if that's what your getting at in your post...
no, if you read the prior post, I was responding to, what I meant was, no one cares about the consumer any longer. It's all greed. I live in a very small country community that is basically all menonnite. So, they have several stores around the area, great, clean stores, with kind good people working for them...however, you go shop at they're stores, your going to spend way more then if you went to other stores,,,,why do they tack on as much as 2 and 3 dollars more for they're items...and most people in that community are retired, they are raping them...other stores charge 2 - 3 dollars less and are still making money, and you could say, well, they could drive to another store, these people are old, so the mennonites are making them pay for convenience and taking great advantage of them???? Why?

You call any utility company and see what kind of person you get to talk to, first they can't speak English, second, they don't have a clue of what you need....and they send you to this one and that one.

Verizon for instance, my neighbor is old, she called them at least 3 times about her telephone not working, they made her go out to the pole, no less and try this and try that....until they FINALLY sent a repair man out...I told her to change providers if that is the kind of service she is going to get? They don't care about they're customers...and they keep raising prices.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:23 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
thanks,
my brother is law is a libratarian....I don't agree with everything he believes in, but there is a lot I do agree with...not every tea party member is a racist...if they don't like what Obama is doing, they're allowed to not like it...that doesn't make them racists...I don't like Obama, but I'm not a racist, I dislike what the man has done...not what the color, religion hasn't done, and that's my right, doesn't mean I'm a racist...I like some of the things the tea party stands for, other things I don't, but they're not racists b/c of they're beliefs....Jackie Kennedy didn't like what Martin Luther King said about her husband, that doesn't make her a racist....
The tea party never protested bush.He spent and spent after having a surplus and not one word from the tea party. Suddenly one month after Obama is sworn in they spring up from nowhere with anger never before seen in this Country. They called him monkey and ape and African witch doctor. They called him Muslim terrorist. They attacked his wife and kids. They called him anti-Christ and called black Congressmen N**((99. The tea party did all this. They had signs with the N word front and center. They have created a rage in black people that post 1960s generation has never felt. They are racist. They consider any black organization as their enemy. They have a few black Judas used as tokens but no one is buying it. There is a backlash coming for the tea party and it is well deserved.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Let's keep this in its proper context. The applause was NOT deafening - it wasn't even close to a quarter of the people (in the audience) that applauded. You could tell it was about two or three people. But, either way - those two or three people were major a$$holes.
It wasn't the people in the audience that are a problem, it's the people on stage that were in tacit agreement with those 2-3 or 10 people, that represent the problem.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The tea party never protested bush.He spent and spent after having a surplus and not one word from the tea party. Suddenly one month after Obama is sworn in they spring up from nowhere with anger never before seen in this Country. They called him monkey and ape and African witch doctor. They called him Muslim terrorist. They attacked his wife and kids. They called him anti-Christ and called black Congressmen N**((99. The tea party did all this. They had signs with the N word front and center. They have created a rage in black people that post 1960s generation has never felt. They are racist. They consider any black organization as their enemy. They have a few black Judas used as tokens but no one is buying it. There is a backlash coming for the tea party and it is well deserved.
and that is exactly my point, if a democrate does it, the repubs protest, however, if it's a democrate in office, then the Tea Party would definately protest...and that is exactly what is happening now...your party is not exempt from playing these games....and Obama is a Muslim, and was not born in this country...but that is another thread...they called him names out of fear, and not being informed...yeah, did you ever call Bush names? Listen, I'm not saying your wrong, what I'm saying is, what will it take to wake you up...this hate against one party is so ludicrist....there is good and bad in everything and everyone, and when you realize that, things might get better. And they are not racists for not liking Obama....are you a racist b/c you just told me an Italian joke which we both laughed at....I'm so tired of hearing racist, prejudice, just b/c someone doesn't like someone you like, do you realize, your allowing them to bring you down to they're level and sound just as idiotic...? Seriously...think about it....

Geeze, I feel sorta like I'm talking to a bunch of kids here....I cannot believe grown adults are acting like this and to boot, it's not just you, it's a whole lot of uniformed biased people....extremists, who do not realize the meat of the problems we have. and will not let go and move foreward. Do you realize, it is this kind of attitude that gets people killed in wars...this kind of thinking is what starts wars, it is this same kind of thinking that got innocent women burned at the steak, all in the name of religions....

oh, and as far as those people with signs against Obama....how many were there compared to the entire group? Yes, you will always have some, illiterate, unkind, cruel and thoughtless snakes in the world. Yanno, I feel the same way when someone says, I can't have the words, "In God We Trust, on our community court house". Or when someone says, "You can't say Christmas"....that is MY culture, and I won't stop saying what I was brought up to believe in, unless I Choose to do so. Same thing...I could scream Antisemetic to...this stuff is CRAZY...I remember as a kid, us tellling Italian and Polish Jokes and they were funny and we all laughed together...big deal...I'm Italian...we've lost our sense of humor and ability to laugh, we thrive on gossip, true or not, and we love to be angry, at everything and anything...we fear looking for the positive in things, and we're becoming a linch mob...

Listen, Life is not easy, and life can be mostly very hard...however, you can't take what a small group of people do and "think" it is the behavior of the majority (your couldn't be more mistaken) ...it simply is not true, no two people ever think alike all of the time....and when you understand that, maybe, we'll move ahead...however, you will have this kind of behavior, long after your gone...ignorance breeds ignorance, however, look at how far we've come since the 60's, did you even consider that thought....? We've made progress, great progress!

You cannot make people like you....you have to earn it....you cannot change culture, you cannot make people think goodness, if it's not in them to do so...believe it or not, we all have and own our very own personal cultures, doesn't make you right and me wrong or visa versa...what it's about is what we grew up to believe in and sometimes, we lack mentally b/c our parents were not capable of giving us more...and that is where you start, education, teaching our kids about awareness, the importance of how they're actions affect the lives of so many other people, teach them thoughtfulness, to whisper inside, to not be rude and yell and scream to respect the personal space of someone else...etc...that in itself is a start...and while we're at it, lets also teach them we need each other to make a successful community...that rules are not always fair, but they are there for a reason and must apply to EVERYONE regardless of who you think you are...lets teach our kids about the importance of integrity, fidelity to self, confidence, and how to work as a team...the importance of each ones life, and how there is no job to small....Takes generations to change...and we're not...we keep repeating history...why? Why are we not farther ahead, did you ever ask yourself that? What is stagnating our intellectual skills, our research, our abilities to be productive thinkers? What has happened to the mentality of the U.S. I mean, just look at what we deem entertainment? That scares me, all these reality shows, soap operas? that's what is stagnating us...we are conditioned to believe that IS entertainment, b/c that is all that is on...look at the shows promoting individual dog eat dog personas....instead of how important it is to work together as a team? Do you think that is coincidence. Princess Diane was killed b/c it was so important to get the gossip for That's Entertainment? And no one cared....really, it was news, it was juicy...it was and is all about gossip. That is what has stagnated our brain power....we caught up in a Catch 22...not one of the candidates is talking about education and changing the welfare culture in the U.S. or the millions of people feeding off of our taxes who pay nothing...can you imagine how much more money we would have if they all had to pay taxes like we do? I mean why should they live here and be exempt. If I came to live with you, I'd have to follow your house rules wouldn't I? What a lousy way to become a working neighbor, to bottom feed and take take take....and our leaders allow it??????

There should be no one on welfare for life! Everyone needs help now and then, but not for life....and that should be monitored....

And tell me, why it's ok for some to break the law and others get away with it? How is it right that Philly can cover up they're mile long lists of murders, rapes, etc, and tell people it's safe to come to Philadelphia...every city does it...they don't report all the crime that is going on....how is that right? It's not...and it's time we crack down on crime...you make people accountable, people become more honest, and forth right....

...takes generations to do that...Obama says we're going to be out of Afghanistan, but we won't...it's going to take years and years to change that primitive culture over there....we're going to always have a presence in the Middle East, due to all the minerals they found in that dessert...so, get used to it and stop believing in naieve idealogical fantasies, it's time we face the music and wake the heck up, yanno? I sincerely mean that with no insult intended.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-14-2011 at 09:06 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 09:05 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
and that is exactly my point, if a democrate does it, the repubs protest, however, if it's a democrate in office, then the Tea Party would definately protest...and that is exactly what is happening now...your party is not exempt from playing these games....and Obama is a Muslim, and was not born in this country...but that is another thread...they called him names out of fear, and not being informed...yeah, did you ever call Bush names? Listen, I'm not saying your wrong, what I'm saying is, what will it take to wake you up...this hate against one party is so ludicrist....there is good and bad in everything and everyone, and when you realize that, things might get better. And they are not racists for not liking Obama....are you a racist b/c you just told me an Italian joke which we both laughed at....I'm so tired of hearing racist, prejudice, just b/c someone doesn't like someone you like, do you realize, your allowing them to bring you down to they're level and sound just as idiotic...? Seriously...think about it....

Geeze, I feel sorta like I'm talking to a bunch of kids here....I cannot believe grown adults are acting like this and to boot, it's not just you, it's a whole lot of uniformed biased people....extremists, who do not realize the meat of the problems we have. and will not let go and move foreward. Do you realize, it is this kind of attitude that gets people killed in wars...this kind of thinking is what starts wars, it is this same kind of thinking that got innocent women burned at the steak, all in the name of religions....

oh, and as far as those people with signs against Obama....how many were there compared to the entire group? Yes, you will always have some, illiterate, unkind, cruel and thoughtless snakes in the world. Yanno, I feel the same way when someone says, I can't have the words, "In God We Trust, on our community court house". Or when someone says, "You can't say Christmas"....that is MY culture, and I won't stop saying what I was brought up to believe in, unless I Choose to do so. Same thing...I could scream Antisemetic to...this stuff is CRAZY...I remember as a kid, us tellling Italian and Polish Jokes and they were funny and we all laughed together...big deal...I'm Italian...we've lost our sense of humor and ability to laugh, we thrive on gossip, true or not, and we love to be angry, at everything and anything...we fear looking for the positive in things, and we're becoming a linch mob...

Listen, Life is not easy, and life can be mostly very hard...however, you can't take what a small group of people do and "think" it is the behavior of the majority (your couldn't be more mistaken) ...it simply is not true, no two people ever think alike all of the time....and when you understand that, maybe, we'll move ahead...however, you will have this kind of behavior, long after your gone...ignorance breeds ignorance, however, look at how far we've come since the 60's, did you even consider that thought....? We've made progress, great progress, you cannot make people like you....you have to earn it....you cannot change culture...takes generations to do that...Obama says we're going to be out of Afghanistan, but we won't...it's going to take years and years to change that primitive culture over there....we're going to always have a presence in the Middle East, due to all the minerals they found in that dessert...so, get used to it and stop believing in naieve idealogical fantasies, it's time we face the music and wake the heck up, yanno? I sincerely mean that with no insult intended.
My God you have been making so much sense today why did you have to go and say Obama is a Muslim and not American? Oh well Ill just move on.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
My God you have been making so much sense today why did you have to go and say Obama is a Muslim and not American? Oh well Ill just move on.
so what if he is a muslim? He is an American now isn't he? Who cares? I don't, what I care about is what kind of job is he going to do for us...that is what is important...not his race, religion, whatever, I don't care...if he is yellow with feathers....I don't give a darn if he eats catfish and eals for breakfast...what I care about is his experience...his expertise, his loyalty to mankind, and to heck with what religion he is....who cares? That should not dictate what he believes in and it certainly doesn't dictate what kind of man he is either...there are good muslims and bad muslims....there are also good Italians and Bad Italians...sheeesh????? See, that is where our mentality is...

Oh I'm voting for her cuz she's a woman? What kind of reason is that to vote for her????? And yet that same person tells me, if I don't vote I have no right to complain? Excuse me?

so, that's all you saw out of the whole post I wrote to you? And that is the only thing that is important, b/c you disagree with that one view, so now I'm no good? See, that is exactly what I'm talking about....there is so so so much more then that...there is a much bigger picture....

so throw darts at me....

seriously, thanks for your time....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-14-2011 at 09:25 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Ummmm, I just pointed out that the great social program of universal health care has worked in every firstworld country?

And what was that second reason they were able to afford that?

It may indeed be too late to change now. We should have done it when we were flush with cash back during the Clinton years. It's too late now and there is no national will to do it ..... because of propaganda that it can't work, even though it does work in every country that doesn't spend most of their money on war.

Did you know that we spend more on our military than Russia, China, and Europe COMBINED?! More than the next 20 nations COMBINED!!
And yet, it STILL took us nearly a decade to find Bin Laden. It blows my mind that so many in this country complain & whine that they don't want to pay for others' healthcare, yet have no qualms about spending sooo much money for WAR.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
And yet, it STILL took us nearly a decade to find Bin Laden. It blows my mind that so many in this country complain & whine that they don't want to pay for others' healthcare, yet have no qualms about spending sooo much money for WAR.
I have worked all of my life, since I was 13 years old...and I don't mind helping someone out, but what I do mind, is when someone isn't a working member of the community and expects me to pay his/her way...that I care about...there will always be wars, long after you and I are gone, sad to say...but in this time, it's my turn to live, and I'm not about to pay for someone who sits around on his butt, and refuses to become a member of the community so he doesn't have to pay taxes and we do...I've been paying they're way for years...it's time we all come together and contribute...b/c America needs help...and there should be no more free rides...

I'm responsible for me....it's not up to me to take care of free loaders....most people who really do need it, would be way to proud to ask...when you see people are really working hard to be a member of the community to make our community better, then people don't begrudge or mind, but when you blatenly refuse to take responsiblity for your own decissions, that works against the community....

Old 09-14-2011, 09:32 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
ok, why? Lets discuss his qualifications and why you would vote for him...why?
I voted for Ron Paul when he ran for President in 1988
when I was upset with the direction the country was going under the Reagan administration, so I'll start there. Paul holds a lot of the Libertarian views I have (not all) but it's a better track record than any other candidate I know.

This country has taken a path of involving itself in wars of choice at the greatest expense there can be made against
the American People IMO. Not just financially, but the psychological damage it does to a country.

Paul's an educated, articulate man who is decent,
honest, and tells the truth - no spin needed. He
shoots from the hip and I like that. Paul is a renowned author on constitutional rights and it's authority. He knows what's in there. He's not holding up the Declaration of
Independence while reciting the Constitution

Dr. Paul served as a flight surgeon during the Vietnam War
and understands and knows first hand about the tragic loss of war (one of the reasons our military personnel support him).

Paul was/is so ahead of his peers in exposing the Federal
Reserve, knowledge of economics, and our unsustainable path of spending. It shows foresight.
Hindsight, anyone can have.

Paul tells the American People the War on Drugs isn't working, hasn't worked, and if there is any lesson to be learned from prohibitions, we should accept those realities now, and quit throwing more hard earned tax payer money after bad, and perpetuating crime that comes along with it.

Paul repeatedly introduces the "Lift the Prohibition on
growing Industrial Hemp" of which I believe can and
would be the economical saving grace for our country e.g.everything from manufacturing to alternative energy/fuel.

I like a President that believes that less is more of what
we need Being a Libertarian, I want the federal government as small as I can get it. I don't even want to have to wear a pair of glasses to see the list of departments from a distance
I totally agree with him on getting rid of the Dept. of
Education, Department of Energy to name a few.

The things I disagree with him on:

I'm a proponent of single payer/universal health care via a medicare payroll tax. I totally understand how he feels philosophically about corporate medicine and going back to before it existed. We just don't agree on how to get there...

Pro choice vs. Pro life - Paul has brought it up recently,
but it's not an issue I think should ever be a Presidential priority and has never been of political significance to me.

There is no other candidate that I think of that has Paul's
political integrity and frankly, his leadership skills, if
given the chance. Sure, the others may be nice guys/and gals, but I know a lot of nice people. - I want
a leader of our country that takes us in the
direction we need/must go. Ron Paul does that for me.

Ron Paul is fairly religious and I'm an atheist. I like that he does not wear his religion on his sleeve. He doesn't have to salutate "God Bless America" every time he speaks.

I'm not looking for a Messiah in the White House -
just a Great Mind. Paul has one.

Last edited by pollyrobin; 09-14-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections