Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 07:57 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Hmm I thought it was en vogue to disparage candidates receiving financial support from hedge fund manager venture capitalist billionaire types.
I think whatever $$ Paul gets --even from Corporations in Silicon Valley is just an indication of approval of his platform. He wouldn't take the money if he was expected to follow an agenda like I'm sure Romney has agreed to with Goldman Sachs. Besides, Romney's platform is pretty honest unlike Obama's was in that he's not promising anything remotely like restoring FREEDOM. He's promising warmongering. He agrees with the NDAA indefinite detention of Americans. He's offering more tyranny and more control of the American sheeple -- just what they(the ones who are still asleep) seem to want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForStarters View Post
I can't speak for all of Paul's supporters- we're all individuals- but you may be mistaking "whining" for desperate pleas for help. My soapbox rants over the web are not designed as attacks against my fellow citizens, or to be a bully, or to complain folks to death. All I want to do is help them see what I believe they may be missing.

Somewhere, deep down, there is a fundamental truth that all people understand. It is the fact that we are to be free. More than anything, I believe Paul's supporters are highly sensitive to such things, and are hyper-vigilant about protecting our freedoms. There is no evil or ill-will to our fellow man in our message. It is a message of peace, independence, and prosperity. Importantly, it's a warning to our fellow citizens to be aware of the evil, tyranny, and the abuse of power that threatens our way of life every day. These threats are not always external, but internal as well, as evil knows no bounds.

Whether you like Ron Paul as a man or not is immaterial- his platform is what is important. He represents personal liberty, economic freedom, and a government accountable to the people- the same people who grant said government its authority to govern. There is a great concern among many that these freedoms are being taken away. And, as our freedoms become more eroded, what little freedom is left becomes more easily taken.

Personally, I don't care if you ever come to like Ron Paul- he is only a politician. But, I wholeheartedly want people to at least peer into the abyss and know the dangers we face if we are too cavalier with our freedom. I can't stop people from playing fast and loose with their futures, but I can ask them to at least make a conscious decision about whether that is the future they want.
Here's what the media has been missing ON PURPOSE. Of course it makes fans angry. It is BLATENT MISREPORTING of the race and all of those who aren't smart enough to notice it believe the lies.

Ron Paul vs. the #HONESTMISTAKE - YouTube

Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
good opinion piece

Understanding The Ron Paul Phenomenon | Fox News

Old 02-07-2012, 11:02 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
I'm done getting upset about it, the people of this nation are just too fat and too brainwashed to save, so to hell with them ...To hell with this entire country. This nation has been given its fair share of warnings, and has repeatedly failed to comply and continues to make the same mistakes over and over again, so bring on judgment. If it werent for the children, I'd be done giving a damn one way or the other ... the whole nation can burn in hell for all i care anymore, you wont see me shed any tears.

It's just too bad that the children will have to take the brunt of their parents mistakes and foolishness, as it is clear that their parents by and large don't give a good goddamn about them anyway ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXn1g...eature=related

"And the world could die in flames, and I wouldn't feel no shame, 'cause there is nothing holding me to blame .... Makes you wanna feel makes you wanna try, makes you wanna pull the stars from the sky! And i cant stand up - i cant cool down - i cant get my head off the ground!"

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-07-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old 02-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I'm done getting upset about it, the people of this nation are just too fat and too brainwashed to save, so to hell with them ...To hell with this entire country. This nation has been given its fair share of warnings, and has repeatedly failed to comply and continues to make the same mistakes over and over again, so bring on judgment. If it werent for the children, I'd be done giving a damn one way or the other ... the whole nation can burn in hell for all i care anymore, you wont see me shed any tears.

It's just too bad that the children will have to take the brunt of their parents mistakes and foolishness, as it is clear that their parents by and large don't give a good goddamn about them anyway ...

Jesus and Mary Chain - Head On - YouTube

"And the world could die in flames, and I wouldn't feel no shame, 'cause there is nothing holding me to blame .... Makes you wanna feel makes you wanna try, makes you wanna pull the stars from the sky! And i cant stand up - i cant cool down - i cant get my head off the ground!"
Our options are Ron Paul and one bad year before recovery or with any other status quo candidate least 4 more years-- each one much worse than 2011 was. Then we'll get a chance to get Rand Paul in office and by then so much damage will have been done it might take far more than just a year or two to recover.

With the status quo president we can look forward to a lower and lower standard of living and fewer and fewer freedoms with no end in site -- and this is the BEST case scenario with a status quo Democrat or Republican President.

With Ron Paul it might be one rough year or so before things actually BETTER. We'd see prices falling and standard of living rising!

If people want to make their lives even worse, keep doing what you've been doing. Vote in that status quo president.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times
Quote:

Jesus and Mary Chain - Head On - YouTube

Old 02-07-2012, 01:41 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Our options are Ron Paul and one bad year before recovery or with any other status quo candidate least 4 more years-- each one much worse than 2011 was. Then we'll get a chance to get Rand Paul in office and by then so much damage will have been done it might take far more than just a year or two to recover.

With the status quo president we can look forward to a lower and lower standard of living and fewer and fewer freedoms with no end in site -- and this is the BEST case scenario with a status quo Democrat or Republican President.

With Ron Paul it might be one rough year or so before things actually BETTER. We'd see prices falling and standard of living rising!

If people want to make their lives even worse, keep doing what you've been doing. Vote in that status quo president.
You know im really curious to see what kind of constitution that Egypt will draft ... Pretty sad to see an American supreme court justice (Ginsburg) telling Egypt not to model their own constitution on Americas constitution ... just goes to show what our supreme court justices and politicians really think about the law of the land in this country.

Justice Ginsburg Tells Egyptians: Don’t Model Government on U.S. Constitution (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/foreign-policy/10776-justice-ginsburg-tells-egyptians-dont-model-government-on-us-constitution - broken link)

If the Egyptians were smart that would create a constitution nearly exactly the same as Americas constitution, and make sure not to allow central banking to become controlled by the Keynesians and the international banksters. If they manage to get it right and make the right decisions, perhaps a dual citizenship will be in order, or hell maybe i'll just expatriate altogether until the numb nuts get their poop in a group over here. Exodus en masse of American constitutionalists to Egypt ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-07-2012 at 01:53 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 11:50 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
You know im really curious to see what kind of constitution that Egypt will draft ... Pretty sad to see an American supreme court justice (Ginsburg) telling Egypt not to model their own constitution on Americas constitution ... just goes to show what our supreme court justices and politicians really think about the law of the land in this country.

Justice Ginsburg Tells Egyptians: Don’t Model Government on U.S. Constitution (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/foreign-policy/10776-justice-ginsburg-tells-egyptians-dont-model-government-on-us-constitution - broken link)

If the Egyptians were smart that would create a constitution nearly exactly the same as Americas constitution, and make sure not to allow central banking to become controlled by the Keynesians and the international banksters. If they manage to get it right and make the right decisions, perhaps a dual citizenship will be in order, or hell maybe i'll just expatriate altogether until the numb nuts get their poop in a group over here. Exodus en masse of American constitutionalists to Egypt ...
Nope. Egypt was a British colony for a long time, and was earlier colonized by the French. The British Parliamentary system is a much better fit for them, both through familiarity and the fact that in it, voters cast their votes for the party, not the person.
After being run for 30 years by a dictator who used democracy for a disguise, the Egyptians wouldn't accept our way of voting for the person anytime soon. The cult of personality is one of the things they want to destroy most.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Who are we to be telling them what kind of gov't or Constitution the people of Egypt should adopt?

Old 02-08-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:

I couldn't agree with your last paragraph more but you know the United States isn't going to make it easy for people to leave. Besides we need the good Americans to stay and fight for what is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections