Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,449 times

Advertisements

Cain 48.9%
Perry 14.1%
Romney 13.3%
Gingrich 12.5%

The National Federation of Republican Women Convention in Kansas City:

Cain wins straw poll at GOP women's forum - The Hill's Ballot Box
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Here come the progressives.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
and you don't see anything suspecious when a candidate wins a poll by that much? Any poll right now that shows a candidate with almost 50% and the closest next candidate barely in double digits is not to be taken seriously. I am not putting Cain down by anymeans, I am just pointing out these polls are totally meaningless.

Nita

Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Something is not adding up here. This was a straw poll so who is funneling the money to these for Herman Cain?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:12 PM

No, I'm not normally a suspicious person. Could be a low turn out/effort by the other candidates. Could be there is more to Mr Cain that has been heretofore credited. Could be that he is putting almost everything he has into these straw polls, seeking to raise his profile, and therefore attract some of the sideline money backers to his cause. Could be a neocon, teabagger, *******, neo progressive, marxist, communist, Jewish, rightie fascist, Paulista, Kenyan, UN butt kissing, birther conspiracy. You get that last sentence was tongue in cheek, right? Oh, I forgot one, or two; racist, hn, ut, trailer trash, unfortunate....

And, I was just lying in wait, so I could bait you into overreacting. I see it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you don't see anything suspecious when a candidate wins a poll by that much? Any poll right now that shows a candidate with almost 50% and the closest next candidate barely in double digits is not to be taken seriously. I am not putting Cain down by anymeans, I am just pointing out these polls are totally meaningless.

Nita

Old 10-03-2011, 02:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
No, I'm not normally a suspicious person. Could be a low turn out/effort by the other candidates. Could be there is more to Mr Cain that has been heretofore credited. Could be that he is putting almost everything he has into these straw polls, seeking to raise his profile, and therefore attract some of the sideline money backers to his cause. Could be a neocon, teabagger, *******, neo progressive, marxist, communist, Jewish, rightie fascist, Paulista, Kenyan, UN butt kissing, birther conspiracy. You get that last sentence was tongue in cheek, right? Oh, I forgot one, or two; racist, hn, ut, trailer trash, unfortunate....

And, I was just lying in wait, so I could bait you into overreacting. I see it worked.
So you are saying you took up space here, just to see if one person would over-react? Well that person did not: I simply said there is more to this than meets the eye.

Nita

Old 10-03-2011, 02:44 PM

Umm...Nita, we all take up space here. It doesn't have to mean it is a life and death struggle though. You flatter yourself to think I typed that just for you. It was just an expression, a way to rile you. If the results of the poll so concern you, then you ought to research it. To me, it is just another poll, which admittedly I found interesting, and posited some potential reasons for the outcome. But, that is as far as I want to take it. The phrase..."more than meets the eye" sounds conspiratorial, but I know you didn't mean it that way. Even if it winds up being a conspiracy, most of politics is about conspiracy. So, nothing new here then.
Quote:
So you are saying you took up space here, just to see if one person would over-react? Well that person did not: I simply said there is more to this than meets the eye.

Nita

Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 PM

The answer is simple. He came, he spoke. With the exception of Gingrich and Santorum, the others did not. Mr Cain came out of the FL Straw Poll with a tail wind. It appears that and the fact he spoke drove this vote, along with what some consider a likeable personality.

THE HILL
Cain addressed the GOP women's convention Saturday shortly before the vote. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.), who received 12.5 percent of votes, and former Sen. Rick Santorum (Pa.), who received 6.9 percent, also addressed the gathering.
EXAMINER.C0M
All nine presidential candidates were invited to address the NFRW convention, which was held in Kansas City Sept. 29-Oct. 2. Cain, Gingrich and Santorum accepted the invitation and spoke on Saturday.
FROM NFRWs WEBSITE
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS
Jan Brewer [WEB SITE]
Herman Cain [WEB SITE]
Sharon Day [WEB SITE]
Jo Ann Emerson [WEB SITE]
Luis Fortuño [WEB SITE]
Newt Gingrich [WEB SITE]
Vicky Hartzler [WEB SITE]
Lynn Jenkins [WEB SITE]
Reince Priebus [WEB SITE]
Rick Santorum [WEB SITE]
Ruth Ulrich [WEB SITE]
Scott Walker [WEB SITE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Something is not adding up here. This was a straw poll so who is funneling the money to these for Herman Cain?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Yep, RINOs as usual.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:

Nita
You don't think it might have something to do with Cain's ties to Kansas City via: The Federal Reserve of Kansas City, Hallmark Cards (board member), Midwest Research Institute (board member)?

These polls are not exactly meaningless as they do influence people who want to back a "winner" with their campaign donations. If the polls were meaningless Paul wouldn't have been left out of the results early on by the MSM & FOX when he was out front.

Just sayin....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections