Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 AM

42 posts, read 68,900 times

Advertisements

Were you wondering why republicans from coast to coast, border to border, were salivating over Chris Christie to run for president? Besides the fact that his decision to not run leaves them stuck with dumb and dumber-er as their lame duck candidates, here's why.

I've only been exposed to 3 republican presidents that I can recall with clarity. I was too young to have an opinion on Richard Nixon, so I will not leave a comment. But, I have followed the terms of Ronald "zombie" Reagan, George Bush, and George W. Bush. While I will hold back on any opinions of those three, here is what seperates them from Mr. Christie.
We all knew that republicans stand for. But, up until Christie, they had basically kept their intentions secretive. Christie, on the other hand, shows his hand openly, and brutally honestly as to the republican way.
Coming out, and basically saying...if you are not one of us, one of the elite, then you are the problem. Tearing apart, and draining funds for and from those less fortunate just up his standing in the eyes of the back-pocket-card-carrying-millionaires-club-members...a.k.a. republicans.
He will stand in front of the poor, or soon to be poor here in NJ, fold his arms, and demand more from their dwindling pockets rather than do anything resembling what should be equality. And, if one dare to counter-attack his tactics, then you will have to deal with the loud-mouth bully, obviously with no hope of getting anywhere near even a compromise.
So, when republicans countrywide saw this scary monster lurking who coulde care less about the less fortunate, and cared deeply about stuffing their oversized bank accounts even more, they saw stars before their eyes...golden stars. Unfortunately, it seems, NJ is doomed to be the servants of the rich. Fortunately, the republicans have 0% chance of gaining the oval office anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 12:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlraven View Post
Were you wondering why republicans from coast to coast, border to border, were salivating over Chris Christie to run for president? Besides the fact that his decision to not run leaves them stuck with dumb and dumber-er as their lame duck candidates, here's why.

I've only been exposed to 3 republican presidents that I can recall with clarity. I was too young to have an opinion on Richard Nixon, so I will not leave a comment. But, I have followed the terms of Ronald "zombie" Reagan, George Bush, and George W. Bush. While I will hold back on any opinions of those three, here is what seperates them from Mr. Christie.
We all knew that republicans stand for. But, up until Christie, they had basically kept their intentions secretive. Christie, on the other hand, shows his hand openly, and brutally honestly as to the republican way.
Coming out, and basically saying...if you are not one of us, one of the elite, then you are the problem. Tearing apart, and draining funds for and from those less fortunate just up his standing in the eyes of the back-pocket-card-carrying-millionaires-club-members...a.k.a. republicans.
He will stand in front of the poor, or soon to be poor here in NJ, fold his arms, and demand more from their dwindling pockets rather than do anything resembling what should be equality. And, if one dare to counter-attack his tactics, then you will have to deal with the loud-mouth bully, obviously with no hope of getting anywhere near even a compromise.
So, when republicans countrywide saw this scary monster lurking who coulde care less about the less fortunate, and cared deeply about stuffing their oversized bank accounts even more, they saw stars before their eyes...golden stars. Unfortunately, it seems, NJ is doomed to be the servants of the rich. Fortunately, the republicans have 0% chance of gaining the oval office anytime soon.
Have you finished with your rant, that I could make no sense out of, I don't know about others.

Nita

Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
I have absolutely no idea what all of that was about??? I guess I also didn't get all of the broohaha over Chris Christie. I have nothing against him per se. He's ok with me...I think, but I could just see him imploding in a very short time in something as high pressure as a presidential race. He has a short fuse and no patience and even less decorum. I have my own theory why some in the GOP wanted him to run, but it's a mute point now so I won't elaborate on it.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:28 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Fortunately, the republicans have 0% chance of gaining the oval office anytime soon.
Their chances are much better than that..

As of today:

Unemployment-9.1%

Obama's approval rating- 40%

Chances of Obama being reelected according to Intrade-47.8%

Old 10-11-2011, 12:16 PM

42 posts, read 68,900 times
my point of all this is that no republican before Christie had the guts to come out and say what all republicans stand for, rather than just pretend to want to help the poor and middle class. Here in NJ, Christie has, and will continue to stand in front of the elderly, poor, middle class, unions, teachers, women, and children and say Get the hell out of New Jersey. If you can't continue to stuff, and overstuff my, and my millionaire cronies pockets any longer, then move out of the state. But, give your house, and any other minute assets to the state on your way out.

Believe me, I am not a dem, or sticking up for them here. But, how much longer do we want to live just to fatten up millionaires...oh, sorry, billionaires pockets? That is all we are doing now. Wake up already.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
I like Chris Christie much better today!!!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:54 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Yeah Christie's an alpha-type jerk. People who fetishize displays of power swoon over that stuff. Perry was hyped up as much as he was because the ad men who run politics thought he had that swagger as well.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:08 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:

I think you nailed it

Old 10-11-2011, 02:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
my point of all this is that no republican before Christie had the guts to come out and say what all republicans stand for, rather than just pretend to want to help the poor and middle class. Here in NJ, Christie has, and will continue to stand in front of the elderly, poor, middle class, unions, teachers, women, and children and say Get the hell out of New Jersey. If you can't continue to stuff, and overstuff my, and my millionaire cronies pockets any longer, then move out of the state. But, give your house, and any other minute assets to the state on your way out.

Believe me, I am not a dem, or sticking up for them here. But, how much longer do we want to live just to fatten up millionaires...oh, sorry, billionaires pockets? That is all we are doing now. Wake up already.
Then quit voting in crony capitalists like Romney and others, who manipulate the economy and destroy competition.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Let me guess, owelraven. The Democrats care about the poor and middle class, and that we should give Obama more time, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections