Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Could you vote for a Ron Paul/Herman Cain ticket?
Yes 22 24.72%
No 59 66.29%
Maybe so 8 8.99%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:42 AM

541 posts, read 1,903,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
um...you have no clue.

Answer me this question one question: What does Bernanke do? what is his ACTUAL job duty?

and for reference. notice the jurisdiction of the IRS below? the FED!!!

Internal Revenue Service
Agency overviewFormed1862 (though the name originates from 1918)
Jurisdiction-Federal government of the United States
Headquarters-Washington, D.C.
Employees106,000 -(2010)
Agency executive-Commissioner of Internal Revenue, Douglas H. Shulman
Parent agency-Department of the Treasury

Wow. You. Are. A. Moron. You are so dumb that you don't even know that your "proof" proved my point and not yours.

"The Fed" is not the same thing or even an abbreviation for "The Federal Government" you half wit. The phrase "The Fed" refers to the Federal Reserve!

The Federal Reserve (aka "The Fed") is a private bank that serves as the central bank of the United States Government (aka the Federal Government).

The Federal Government (ie Congress, President, supreme court) is responsible for Fiscal Policy.

The Federal Reserve is responsible for monetary policy. Again the Federal Reserve is a private bank and is technically not even apart of the Federal Government. I know the word "federal" is confusing, but I can't be much clearer.

As for Bernanke he is the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. As Chairman he is the head of the Board of Governors and serves as the leader of Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). The Board of Governors are responsible for overseeing all 12 Federal Reserve member banks across the country. BOG oversees any potential crisis situations, things like short term borrowing, enforcing regulations etc. They also serve on the FOMC. The FOMC is responsible for setting the nation's monetary policy. They are the ones who determine what the target Federal Funds rate is going to be. They make this determination 8 times a year. As for what specifically Bernanke does as part of the BOG and FOMC well he is much like a CEO. He is the face of the Fed, sets the tone and strategy and makes most final decisions.

Have you ever taken a government class or a macro economics class? If you have, then you either did not pay attention, you failed the class or your school is just plain horrible. I mean this is basic stuff that you are not comprehending at all.

Here is some reading for you: The Federal Reserve overview- For KIDS! (http://www.federalreserve.gov/kids/ - broken link)

The website has bright colors and pretty pictures so hopefully it can keep your attention.

Look at the end if you want to end the Fed and the IRS you need to at least be educated on who and what they are, have at least a basic understanding of their roles and understand how they work. Know your enemy!

I literally face palmed in real life to your response by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 08:45 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
Yes, but only if it is Herman Cain as the pres...

I think for the "Good" of ALL America....
Ron Paul should step aside for Herman Cain,
run as Herman Cain (P)/ Ron Paul (VP).

Only Herman Cain is ABLE to beat Obama... fact.
Ron Paul won't stand even a chance... only will cause more "separation" through the race card game Obama is playing.

Herman Cain can and will "UNITE" the American as one...
(making USA a stronger nation than they are now through unity).
While Obama (obviously through playing his race cards) will cause more separation of the Americans (think Mob), might even led to more discord & harmony in doing that.
Should Ron Paul run against that, it will just divide US citizens more
(weakening the nation further).

Democrats like Ron Paul or Perry... but does not like Herman Cain.
He is the "REAL" threat to their chance of winning the next elections.
What do you like about Herman Cain?

Mitt Romney, the perennial flip-flopper, to his credit, has at least only flip-flopped over the course of several years. Cain has proven to be a bona-FED [sic] flip-flopper just over the course of several weeks and months. Not to mention that he is utterly ignorant about foreign policy.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:48 AM

272 posts, read 208,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
Wow. You. Are. A. Moron. You are so dumb that you don't even know that your "proof" proved my point and not yours.

"The Fed" is not the same thing or even an abbreviation for "The Federal Government" you half wit. The phrase "The Fed" refers to the Federal Reserve!

The Federal Reserve (aka "The Fed") is a private bank that serves as the central bank of the United States Government (aka the Federal Government).

The Federal Government (ie Congress, President, supreme court) is responsible for Fiscal Policy.

The Federal Reserve is responsible for monetary policy. Again the Federal Reserve is a private bank and is technically not even apart of the Federal Government. I know the word "federal" is confusing, but I can't be much clearer.

As for Bernanke he is the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. As Chairman he is the head of the Board of Governors and serves as the leader of Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). The Board of Governors are responsible for overseeing all 12 Federal Reserve member banks across the country. BOG oversees any potential crisis situations, things like short term borrowing, enforcing regulations etc. They also serve on the FOMC. The FOMC is responsible for setting the nation's monetary policy. They are the ones who determine what the target Federal Funds rate is going to be. They make this determination 8 times a year. As for what specifically Bernanke does as part of the BOG and FOMC well he is much like a CEO. He is the face of the Fed, sets the tone and strategy and makes most final decisions.

Have you ever taken a government class or a macro economics class? If you have, then you either did not pay attention, you failed the class or your school is just plain horrible. I mean this is basic stuff that you are not comprehending at all.

Here is some reading for you: The Federal Reserve overview- For KIDS! (http://www.federalreserve.gov/kids/ - broken link)

The website has bright colors and pretty pictures so hopefully it can keep your attention.

Look at the end if you want to end the Fed and the IRS you need to at least be educated on who and what they are, have at least a basic understanding of their roles and understand how they work. Know your enemy!

I literally face palmed in real life to your response by the way.

It's obvious you're in here to troll because not ONCE did I say the Fed and IRS are the same thing. I said they were in bed together and IMO, they are.

no go wipe that egg off your face.

and btw, who do you think is controlling the Federal Government, moron? the FED.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM

541 posts, read 1,903,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
It's obvious you're in here to troll because not ONCE did I say the Fed and IRS are the same thing. I said they were in bed together and IMO, they are.

no go wipe that egg off your face.

and btw, who do you think is controlling the Federal Government, moron? the FED.
*sigh*

Did you even read what I wrote? Have you read anything I have written? I didn't say you thought they were.

You have said multiple times in this thread that the IRS was under the "jurisdiction" of the Federal Reserve. Then in effort to "prove" your point you pointed to a listing that showed the IRS was under the Federal Government. This tells me that you don't know the difference between the Federal Government and the Federal Reserve. You have also made other ignorant statements such as once the federal reserve sets monetary policy the IRS goes out to enforce it.

Look I'm not trolling. I'm a Ron Paul supporter too. I want to end the Federal Reserve and IRS as well. I'm merely trying to help you because it is pretty obvious you don't what they do or who they are. To most people the idea of ending the Federal Reserve and/or the IRS is extreme. If you display ignorance on the topic while blathering against it, then they will write you and the topic off as loony uneducated nonsense. However, if you can demonstrate knowledge on the topic, then people are more likely to listen.

So please please for Ron Paul supporters everywhere do yourself and the rest of us a favor. Read and study! I'm begging you. There are plenty of free books on the Mises website.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:15 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,687,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
What do you like about Herman Cain?

Mitt Romney, the perennial flip-flopper, to his credit, has at least only flip-flopped over the course of several years. Cain has proven to be a bona-FED [sic] flip-flopper just over the course of several weeks and months. Not to mention that he is utterly ignorant about foreign policy.
The very fact that he is the only one that can BEAT Obama when he pulled out that race card???? Cain not Paul will be able to win when that happens... and Obama sure will play that card. Does Paul wants to run an election that he is sure going to lose???

I love the fact that Obama looks like a kid in comparison to Cain.
Do you want a child providing for the family or a father (the grown man) say they are both good & willing? A grown man can do more... fact.
Same with running a country... it is about not only the "strength"... it is about the "experience". Cain has MORE.

Obama cannot even think to use that race card (a good thing to fear, just look around the threads here) against Cain.

Cain IS blacker than Obama... and not only that.
Cain is MORE American, MORE LOYAL than Obama.
You can tell how many generations being American from Cain's family (open book)... can you of Obama??? Does anyone even really knows???

He is smart, does not need the teleprompter.
He can laugh, a man that can make jokes and laugh is a great thing... unlike Obama who's jokes isn't even funny and probably written by someone else, but selected by him = he genuinely doesn't understand what it is to be "American"... so really, how "black" is he? How "American" is he???

I love that 9-9-9 plan of his... agree that simplifying tax terms (cutting out middle man) is a great way to get more results and less wiggling room = more straight forward. Love that a loaf of bread will be taxed only once. Love the fact that only "new" gets taxed, not used since tax has been paid once. It is a fair way. I am sure there may needs improvement to that plan... but it still is a brilliant idea!!!

Foreign policy can come AFTER this country's (our own problems) have been fixed! You don't go giving bread to your neighbors until your own family is fed do you???
I am foreign born... and let me tell you that national pride runs high in any other country BUT this one. Would you starve your own people while trying to pacify N. Korea??? Would you give jobs to China & India but not Americans???
If that is the way of Ron Paul... no, I won't even consider him in my books. Because in compared to Putin, he is still less of a leader to me. Putin Russia (and China) is strong today because nationalism & loyalty runs high, pride of being of their own country is the shield against foreign countries who seek their weakness.
And who do we have to lead our country???
Someone who hates the USA.

When USA fixed their own problems... only then they can "help" solved others.
When USA becomes the leader it was before... only then can they lead.

Ron Paul can lead... BUT he WON'T win when running against Obama.

***Only someone who can "UNITE" USA again can win.***

Obama can win when he keeps USA separated...
(separation, is a tactic... not good at all for the country {he won't care, its the commoners rest of us that suffers}....
keeps the country weak, think the bundle of sticks theory)
by class warfare, by race.
Herman Cain WILL WIN and Unite USA peoples because Obama cannot play that "race" nor the "class warfare" card against him. He alone has that background from all the other candidate...

that NOT even OBAMA can CLAIM.

Ron Paul / Perry / Romney can go against that???

I think not... do you??? Don't you think the DEMs are really afraid of Cain.... and pray & hope "the others" win so Obama is inevitable????

Old 10-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
The very fact that he is the only one that can BEAT Obama when he pulled out that race card???? Cain not Paul will be able to win when that happens... and Obama sure will play that card. Does Paul wants to run an election that he is sure going to lose???

Do you want a child providing for the family or a father (the grown man) say they are both good & willing? A grown man can do more... fact.
Same with running a country... it is about not only the "strength"... it is about the "experience". Cain has MORE.

Obama cannot even think to use that race card (a good thing to fear, just look around the threads here) against Cain.

You can tell how many generations being American from Cain's family (open book)... can you of Obama??? Does anyone even really knows???

He can laugh, a man that can make jokes and laugh is a great thing... unlike Obama who's jokes isn't even funny and probably written by someone else, but selected by him = he genuinely doesn't understand what it is to be "American"... so really, how "black" is he? How "American" is he???

I love that 9-9-9 plan of his... agree that simplifying tax terms (cutting out middle man) is a great way to get more results and less wiggling room = more straight forward. Love that a loaf of bread will be taxed only once. Love the fact that only "new" gets taxed, not used since tax has been paid once. It is a fair way. I am sure there may needs improvement to that plan... but it still is a brilliant idea!!!

Foreign policy can come AFTER this country's (our own problems) have been fixed! You don't go giving bread to your neighbors until your own family is fed do you???
I am foreign born... and let me tell you that national pride runs high in any other country BUT this one. Would you starve your own people while trying to pacify N. Korea??? Would you give jobs to China & India but not Americans???
If that is the way of Ron Paul... no, I won't even consider him in my books. Because in compared to Putin, he is still less of a leader to me. Putin Russia (and China) is strong today because nationalism & loyalty runs high, pride of being of their own country is the shield against foreign countries who seek their weakness.

Obama can win when he keeps USA separated by class warfare, by race. Herman Cain WILL WIN and Unite USA peoples because Obama cannot play that "race" nor the "class warfare" card against him. He alone has that background from all the other candidate... that NOT even OBAMA can CLAIM.

I think not... do you??? Don't you think the DEMs are really afraid of Cain.... and pray & hope "the others" win so Obama is inevitable????
In theory, all of this^ "sounds" good, BUT Herman Cain is all the way in bed with the Federal Reserve and that's the booger on the napkin for him.

If he wasn't so LOYAL to the Fed, He'd have my vote already. race be damned.

in reality, Ron Paul is the BEST candidate for the job. he can also drown Obama in a debate.

and fyi- this country has never been "united" on all issues anyway.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:29 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,353,620 times
No chance and wouldn't make sense.

Whether you like Ron Paul or not, the guy knows what he believes. Cain does not, and in fact has held positions that polar opposite to RP's in the past. e.g...TARP.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:36 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Quote:

Obama can win when he keeps USA separated...
(separation, is a tactic... not good at all for the country {he won't care, its the commoners rest of us that suffers}....
keeps the country weak, think the bundle of sticks theory)
by class warfare, by race.
Herman Cain WILL WIN and Unite USA peoples because Obama cannot play that "race" nor the "class warfare" card against him. He alone has that background from all the other candidate...

that NOT even OBAMA can CLAIM.

I'm sorry, but this election is not about just beating Obama, and then replacing him with an even bigger idiot (Cain) who will continue the same failed economic and foreign policies. This not about who is the blackest blackkitty black of them all (I couldn't care less if Cain or Obama was the color MAUVE). This is about electing the most truthful, most honest man for the job who is not sucking Wall Street's and lobbyist's phalluses.

Ron Paul or NOTHING AT ALL! If that causes Obama to win, so be it. On an Ignoramus-O-meter, Cain will outscore even Obama.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this election is not about just beating Obama, and then replacing him with an even bigger idiot (Cain) who will continue the same failed economic and foreign policies. This not about who is the blackest blackkitty black of them all (I couldn't care less if Cain or Obama was the color MAUVE). This is about electing the most truthful, most honest man for the job who is not sucking Wall Street's and lobbyist's phalluses.

Ron Paul or NOTHING AT ALL! If that causes Obama to win, so be it. On an Ignoramus-O-meter, Cain will outscore even Obama.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...I blew water out my nose reading that!!!

Old 10-21-2011, 12:43 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,687,574 times
Quote:

If you truly believe that highlighted above line in BOLD...
And worse...

If Ron Paul were to believe that line to be true... there would be absolutely zero chance of him winning. Why run against Obama if you cannot beat him???

The whole point of running against Obama *IS* to beat him.

So if *you* (not me and I am sure there are others who truly believes in him...) believes Cain to BE the bigger idiot than even Obama (because really most all conservative will believe that there will be NO BIGGER FOOL than OBAMA himself)...
THEN *YOU* surely a leftist spy who would so said to support Ron Paul but will KNOW that Ron Paul WILL NOT win against Obama. Either that or Ron Paul himself is in cahoots to make sure NO GOP candidate will win this election.

Easy theory.

P.S. I don't mind people trying to censor me... it only PROVES that THEY are the COMMUNIST. *NOT ME* who believes in true freedom of expressions. That is why they fear Herman Cain, the very best chance to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections