Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 01:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Democrats like me are hoping Paul gets it.

He's just another guy with no chance to beat Obama.
Woo woo woo! Go Team!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 01:51 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I will vote for Paul no matter what letter he chooses behind his name. He is the only candidate who has walked the walk in upholding the US Constitution. It is the US Constitution which matters most, not other agendas. Obviously this is something Obama and his fellow travelers and band of useful idiots dont' understand or respect.
Never asked about Obama, my guess is that most Republicans will follow orders

Old 10-23-2011, 03:21 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Never asked about Obama, my guess is that most Republicans will follow orders
In their minds, if Romney and Obama were the same exact person, they would still vote for Romney simply because he has an R and not a D after his name, thinking that there is a difference. The irony of my post, is that it's more fact than just a hypothetical Now, Boompa, you are the same exact way, based on your posts. If Romney was as liberal as Obama, you'd still vote for Obama because he has a D. You're no different than the Republicans on C-D who say we have to vote for the Republican, no matter who it is. So let me amend your post and say "my guess is that most Republicans and Democrats will follow orders". Sorry, but you're just another "Go Team!" cheerleader

Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Be careful what you wish for because you just might get. I think you and Obama will be unpleasantly surprised with the good Doctor routes Obama by taking a vast majority of independents and a good chunk of Democrats.
The only thing Ron Paul is going to take on election night is a nap after he drinks his Metamucil.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:04 PM

97 posts, read 157,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
If they were truly meaningless, then they would stop having them, the news outlets would stop reporting on them, and most importantly, the candidates would stop spending money on them.

Now alternatively, they definitely are not a direct correlation of national or even state wide support for a candidate, but they do absolutely prove the viability and organizational strength of a candidate. Those are two critical parts of winning a primary, so to say they are meaningless is a bit disingenuous.
If the news outlets stopped covering meaningless topics, there would be nothing on TV and the newspapers would be blank.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:20 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Montage of scenes from the Swing State Straw Poll:

Ron Paul Wins Ohio Straw Poll 2011 - YouTube
Thanks! That was great!

It just goes to show that people need to pay attention to the poll numbers such as what percentage do they not bother to report on.

I think these straw polls mean a lot more than telemarketed ones. At least in the straw poll, everyone that votes is counted.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:26 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
So far Paul has won some sort of Texas straw poll; the CPAC straw poll, Family Values Straw poll; The Ohio Straw Poll, The California Straw Poll and was it the Las Vegas or San Diego Straw Poll he also won? There were others too.

Bachman eeked out a win in Iowa and Cain won FL.

How many has big "front-runner" Mitt Romney won?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:54 AM

564 posts, read 892,562 times
Default Ron Paul Wins Ohio Swing State Straw Pole!! 53.5%

Ron Paul comes out on top, as he should!!
Case in point regarding last post: For any other candidate, this landslide would put the wind at his back. Big time. Heard much about it? Not really. But maybe that's okay. Because the more people who wake up and start wondering why any candidate with this much clout is being blacked out , the better...

Ron Paul Wins Ohio Straw Poll With 53% Of The Vote! - YouTube

Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times
That's how the media forced Obama down our throats last election - by blacking out other candidates. Go Ron Paul!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
What kind of pole?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections