Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:50 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I don't believe it. Although vanilla is a popular flavor, there are better options.
Propaganda to get the base accustomed to having to vote for the approved candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 08:00 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,551,413 times
All I have to say is good luck to America if Romney gets elected to the presidency. I live in MA and was here when he was Governor!!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:25 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Does it make anyone wonder why Perry is getting the most coverage when he basically has tanked???
I think the dramatic flameout is the reason for the coverage, he'll be a Bachmann-like footnote pretty soon.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Toe that company line. You are much less bombastically hyperbolic these days. Congratulations.

Not necessarily a Romney supporter at this point, but flip flopping is relative to context, how a question was posed and/or a candidates exact words. Not saying he does not. Heck all candidates can be flippers and floppers. Just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Republicans don't appear to be embracing Romney. He is the choice by default simply because the other candidates are bigger rejects. Romney has no substance and flip-flops on positions depending on who he's talking to. He may lead in teh polls, but he's not dominating them.

The more people look at Romney, the worse he looks. He's a pure airhead. Above all, Romney stands absolutely no chance against President Obama.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:44 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I think the dramatic flameout is the reason for the coverage, he'll be a Bachmann-like footnote pretty soon.
I do not think Romney can be dismissed so easily.

At this moment in time he is clearly the front runner, and he is in for the long haul.

On the other hand, I think most Republicans are yearning for a true conservative to lead their party; they saw what happened in '08. I would not discount either Perry or even Paul making a comeback ... but that Santorum guy is a loser and should get out now.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
On the other hand, I think most Republicans are yearning for a true conservative to lead their party; they saw what happened in '08. I would not discount either Perry or even Paul making a comeback ... but that Santorum guy is a loser and should get out now.
The base/tea party folks are certainly holding out for one of the real conservative offerings, but the bigwigs who actually control things are pretty much all behind Romney and focusing more on keeping the House and regaining the Senate. The presidency's only one piece of the puzzle.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:23 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
These poll results have been mysteriously missing from Fox News coverage so far. Not sure why they are being so obviously anti-Romney to the point of jeopardizing any legitimacy they ever had in the news business, but they do seem on that path. They are still reporting Herman Cain's soaring in the polls...lol. Catch up Fox...jeez!

Old 10-27-2011, 05:22 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I do not think Romney can be dismissed so easily.
I was responding to a post about Perry, and why he gets so much media coverage despite poor showings.

I think Romney will be facing Obama in the general election.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
These poll results have been mysteriously missing from Fox News coverage so far. Not sure why they are being so obviously anti-Romney to the point of jeopardizing any legitimacy they ever had in the news business, but they do seem on that path. They are still reporting Herman Cain's soaring in the polls...lol. Catch up Fox...jeez!
I saw that and was confused. They were reporting Cain's "rise in the polls" as if it just happened today, if anything I think we're at the climax of Herman Cain, he will soon be a long forgotten silly footnote of this election season.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
The base/tea party folks are certainly holding out for one of the real conservative offerings, but the bigwigs who actually control things are pretty much all behind Romney and focusing more on keeping the House and regaining the Senate. The presidency's only one piece of the puzzle.
The Tea Party has the Godfather of the Tea Party movement, Ron Paul and they refuse to support him because the TP of today is nothing but an astroturf front for corporate fat cats. If they want a real conservative, there's only 1 running and that's Ron Paul, the rest of them are big government neocons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections