Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:19 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,751 times

Advertisements

Former state Rep. Maurren Mooney was among a small group of Granite Staters who traveled to Austin, Tex., in August to talk to Perry about running for President. But unlike most of the others who went on the trip, she said she went to Austin uncommitted and returned uncommitted.

By JOHN DiSTASO
Senior Political Reporter

FRIDAY, OCT. 28, UPDATE: MOONEY WITH MITT. Following our exclusive report early today that veteran state Rep. Norman Major, R-Plaistow, has “flipped” from Texas Gov. Rick Perry to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, conservative former state Rep. Maureen Mooney of Merrimack told us she is also backing Romney.

http://www.newhampshire.com/apps/pbc...plate=printart

Rick Perry is having a really bad day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 01:37 AM

“When I met Perry, I listened to him and he represented all the things I wanted to see accomplished,” Major said. “He accomplished a lot in the state of Texas, but as I saw him in the debates and how he handles himself, I realized he isn’t going to beat Obama.” ~ Norman Major, NH State Representative

Perry, Romney to hold competing appearances in Manchester tonight as lawmaker defects from Perry to Romney | New Hampshire NEWS0605

Old 10-29-2011, 01:43 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,554,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
“When I met Perry, I listened to him and he represented all the things I wanted to see accomplished,” Major said. “He accomplished a lot in the state of Texas, but as I saw him in the debates and how he handles himself, I realized he isn’t going to beat Obama.” ~ Norman Major, NH State Representative

Perry, Romney to hold competing appearances in Manchester tonight as lawmaker defects from Perry to Romney | New Hampshire NEWS0605
I don't care who New Hampshire thinks can beat Obama.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:57 AM

There is no such thing as a conservative in New England.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
There is no such thing as a conservative in New England.

Of course there is not. People who deal in stereotypes usually do so for one reason.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Of course there is not. People who deal in stereotypes usually do so for one reason.
They're based in reality.

Screw New Hampshire.

Screw that unprincpled opportunist Romney.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
They're based in reality.

Screw New Hampshire.

Screw that unprincpled opportunist Romney.

That's mature.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:46 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,219,088 times
Quote:

you are correct, perry will not beat obama. but if romney is the nominee, I guess we will end up with 4 more years of obama, because romney wont be able to beat obama either. too many republicans, libertarians and others think romney is just a rino, and that is not what the USA needs.

if romney is the republican nominee, then he will have to contend with a 3rd party vote like bush the 1st did when ross perot raan on the 3rd party ticket.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you are correct, perry will not beat obama. but if romney is the nominee, I guess we will end up with 4 more years of obama, because romney wont be able to beat obama either. too many republicans, libertarians and others think romney is just a rino, and that is not what the USA needs.

if romney is the republican nominee, then he will have to contend with a 3rd party vote like bush the 1st did when ross perot raan on the 3rd party ticket.

And who is this third party candidate going to be? And where is the money going to come from to run them a in a campaign that costs millions to run? The Tea Party doesn't have that kind of money outside of the GOP. See that is thing about the Tea Party, they want to control the GOP and tell them who they can and cannot run, but they want somebody else to pay for it all. It doesn't work that way.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,970,297 times
Quote:
And who is this third party candidate going to be? And where is the money going to come from to run them a in a campaign that costs millions to run? The Tea Party doesn't have that kind of money outside of the GOP. See that is thing about the Tea Party, they want to control the GOP and tell them who they can and cannot run, but they want somebody else to pay for it all. It doesn't work that way.
Ron Paul has been raising millions in campaign cash, almost on demand. He hasn't received a single cent in PAC money this election cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections