Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:59 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,553,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
So when you say that this is about illegal immigration only, that isn't exactly true is it?
No, I'm saying Mexicans have a better chance than any other nationality to immigrate here legally.

Isn't 1,000,000 immigrants a year enough for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 06:47 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,753,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I work with hundreds of hispanics, and not a one of them would ever consider voting for obama, so I don't know who replied to these polls...
So you talked to all the so called "hundreds" and they all told you they would never vote for Obama? Why do i find that hard to believe? Statistically it doesn't make sense at all.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:57 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
NO INDEPENDENTS??? ZERO???

I am sure that there were Jews who were Nazis as well. However, the majority of independents will not vote for Obama. The polls show this currently and the trend is more and more independents stating they will not support Obama.

Will a few independents vote for Obama? Of course. A handfull will not carry the election, therefore Obama loses in a landslide.
Do you really believe this stuff? Please show your sources.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:58 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
NO INDEPENDENTS??? ZERO???

I am sure that there were Jews who were Nazis as well. However, the majority of independents will not vote for Obama. The polls show this currently and the trend is more and more independents stating they will not support Obama.

Will a few independents vote for Obama? Of course. A handfull will not carry the election, therefore Obama loses in a landslide.
Also all the MDs I go to are much busier than you seem to be?

Old 11-12-2011, 06:59 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,015,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would have to wonder how many black people may vote for Cain because they are conservative and don't like Obama other than his color. Obama has to win the Hispanic vote, many of those you spoke of would be illegal voters because of their citizenship status, if he is going to beat Cain.
I don't think that black women care too much for a brother (big daddy cain) who is always chasing white women. That will reflect in the voting patterns more than likely.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:04 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Among registered Latino voters in the 21 most Latino-heavy states, Obama’s advantage is far greater, exceeding two-to-one margins in every case. The president is up 65 percent to 22 percent on Cain, 67 percent to 24 percent on Romney and 68 percent to 21 percent on Perry.

Source:New Poll Puts Obama Far Ahead of GOP With Latino Voters - ABC News

I saw this poll yesterday on Univision's nightly national telecast but apparently the English speaking media has ignored it. The amount of hispanics who voted is expected to double from 6.6 million in 2008 to 12.2 million in 2012. This obviously is very good news for President Obama.
univision is like the huff.post in spanish. any poll they conduct the liberals will win. must latinos I know do not want Obama to win. my statment is as good if not better then univision's poll!!!

Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,678,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I don't think that black women care too much for a brother (big daddy cain) who is always chasing white women. That will reflect in the voting patterns more than likely.
I don't think your statements makes any sense whatsoever. People - including black women - vote on the issues, not whether "big daddy cain" chases white women or not. Cain's not going to get any votes anyway, because his campaign is all but done. There was a huge fork in his butt long before these allegations of harassment came out.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Among registered Latino voters in the 21 most Latino-heavy states, Obama’s advantage is far greater, exceeding two-to-one margins in every case. The president is up 65 percent to 22 percent on Cain, 67 percent to 24 percent on Romney and 68 percent to 21 percent on Perry.

Source:New Poll Puts Obama Far Ahead of GOP With Latino Voters - ABC News

I saw this poll yesterday on Univision's nightly national telecast but apparently the English speaking media has ignored it. The amount of hispanics who voted is expected to double from 6.6 million in 2008 to 12.2 million in 2012. This obviously is very good news for President Obama.
Why did they only survey Latinos in some states? Let's say the reason they are Latino-heavy is because they have a lot of illegals in them...but they don't vote. Why not poll Latino registered voters in all states? Latino voters in immigration heavy states are probably mostly of Mexican origin.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:43 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
There was a poll released recently in AZ that showed Obama beating Romney (and that will be the contest) in Arizona. Yes, I said Arizona! Arizona will soon be with NM, NV, and CO in the blue state column at the presidential level. The demographic times are changing and the Republicans are in serious trouble if they continue pandering to the right.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There was a poll released recently in AZ that showed Obama beating Romney (and that will be the contest) in Arizona. Yes, I said Arizona! Arizona will soon be with NM, NV, and CO in the blue state column at the presidential level. The demographic times are changing and the Republicans are in serious trouble if they continue pandering to the right.
not a snowballs chance in HELL of that happening at this time; maybe 10 or 20 years from now. Could you tell us what poll this was? I am guessing yu can not. NV isn't likely to be blue either. NM, that is a question and Co, who knows?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections